Anti-player techonology used in on line poker.

The Poker forum
JG

Anti-player techonology used in on line poker.

Post by JG »

<<Sorry, initial posting deleted due to death threats from the aliterative martial arts master who didn't vote BNP and knows a bit about St George ;) >>

Cue dodgy video from warzone.

"On line poker is not fixed. I believe I mistakenly interpreted a bad run as an attempt to cheat on the part of the poker room. I apologise for any misunderstandings caused. I don't think us tin foil hatters should be in this part of the forum, messing it up for the normal players who take sequences of bad beats on the chin and I think that Gordon Brown should call us all back now."
pager

Post by pager »

The times I've talked about this to people,one being my pokering mate who makes a profit consistently playing 2c/5c-5c/10c NL.
They just brush it off,I know all about variation etc and swings but some of it just stinks to me.I know they don't need to change anything as they make money on rake,but like on Pokerstars,the amount of times the turn card matches to the flop is time and time again it get stupid.
I also have encountered the flops where it keeps putting a pair on the board over and over,one night 8 flops in a row.Thus alot of the time on a full ring table making your KK or AA worth jack shit!
And as for players who just play your top hands or late position,when the odds are stacked against you,you've got no chance.

I've taken a break for the summer as not keen on playing while the weather is good,but where I go in a few months with online poker-I'm not too sure.
The Beast Is Gonna Pay...
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

KK is not worth a wank on pokerstars as 9 out of 10 times it will flop an ace :o
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
pokerpete

Re: Anti-player techonology used in on line poker.

Post by pokerpete »

[quote="JG"]<<Sorry, initial posting deleted due to death threats from the aliterative martial arts master who didn't vote BNP and knows a bit about St George ]

Threats?
that's a bit strong JG.
I might be forth coming with my opinions but I never behave like that do I?
I'm a man of peace.
8)
JG

Post by JG »

No you're very peaceful, but I think my original posting may have rattled a few peace pipes. I'm sure you can guess, by the edit and replies received, which old material I was churning out that night.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

:D

I'm most amused by betchriders assertion that 9 out of 10 poker stars flops have an ace on them.

I'm wondering the actual maths on that.
presumably if none of your opponents have an ace it doesn't matter so you have to assume one of the aces is in someones hand. what are the chances of one of the remaining three aces hitting the flop.
three aces from the 49 unknown cards and three chances of being dealt.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

pokerpete wrote: :D

I'm most amused by betchriders assertion that 9 out of 10 poker stars flops have an ace on them.

I'm wondering the actual maths on that.
presumably if none of your opponents have an ace it doesn't matter so you have to assume one of the aces is in someones hand. what are the chances of one of the remaining three aces hitting the flop.
three aces from the 49 unknown cards and three chances of being dealt.
Didnt mean it exactly as im not a profesional like you and dont make milllions from it.So i dont have the right to preach cos it isnt how i make my money like you.I just meant it seems that its everytime,thats all!
I wish i was as good as you though cos you are a expert on politics and poker,why not try running for PM maybe you could change the world?
I would say about your stats though everytime i have tried it they DO have a ace.
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I think Betch's original comment was a kind of sods law view on things. Like when you have QQ, an ace or a king will hit the flop or better still, when holding aces the flop will be suited or offer trips possibilities! :lol:

A lot of negativity but when you've been shafted so many times it tends to bring out the bitter, twisted, cynical side of a person. :wink:
JG

Post by JG »

Hell yeah, why is it that bad luck always arrives in clusters?

Or is it that we only remember the big clusters of bad luck and the smaller clusters of bad luck mixed in with small clusters of good luck, golden oats, honey and fortified vitamins with milk is what is known as breakfast? Hmmm. Eh?

I still seriously think that it's all controlled by a combination of aliens and jpfuk's snails. The snails are ok, a snail will never deal you an ace when you've got KK, but them feckin' aliens, I don't know what it is but when they've got it in for you, can't do right for wrong.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

oh it SEEMS that it's everytime.

well that's different.

just look at the next 100 flops you see and note if it has an ace on it or not.
I think it'll be about a quater
(4/50 x 3)

a pair of kings against any ace range from 2/1 to 7/3 favourite when all five community cards are dealt. It shouldn't be unusual to see the kings get turned over, especially by weaker players who over play bare aces.

you have to suck it up, reload, and think of the long game.