Twice on the trot anyone else?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Once in about two years.
Roulette free since December 2011.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

yeah had it at least a couple of times in the last few years.
had Q Q 3 times on trot before,the 3rd pair was funny.
6 consecutive pairs is my record ,that was back to back queens ,2 lots of aces and a couple of smaller pairs ,don't reckon i'll top that ,it was for peanuts aswell :(
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I remember getting aa, aa, qq and then aa again once in a tournament, went from 400th to about 10th in 4 hands very useful!
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Argh. I logged into Betfair about an hour ago with hee-haw left in my account, I chucked it on a $2.50 Double or Nothing game.

Won, went in for the $5 game.

Won, went in for the $10 game.

Won, went in for the $20 game (approximately)

Went for a piss. Came back just in time to miss AA on my first hand. Folk going all in left right and centre.

Next hand. KK. Can't remember the flop but it was something like 2 6 J. All in.

Beaten by the devil's hand, 666.

Bastard.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

saw a woman get A,A three straight hands in a live tourney once.
doubled up first hand
took blinds with 2nd hand
knocked out of tournament by 2,2 in 3rd.

live poker is rigged :D
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I've had 10,8 o/s 3 times in a row - BB, SB and OTB courtesy of Ladjokes.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

had it on facebook poker the other day :lol: :lol:
JG

Post by JG »

pokerpete wrote:saw a woman get A,A three straight hands in a live tourney once.
doubled up first hand

To be honest I stopped reading your post after I got to the bit about live poker being rigged. I hear this time and time again, live players who just haven't played enough on line poker, moaning about the riggedness of live poker.

Both forms of poker are entirely fair but it is common knowledge that on line poker, along with fixed odds betting terminals, is rigged on Tuesdays.

The thing is with live poker, is that extreme deals are met with vocal reactions and the gameplay can slow whilst the dealer waits for everyone to calm down. This means the situation is imprinted on your memory and you forget the times you double up with 7,2 when you thought your oppenent was trying to steal the blinds with pocket aces.

In on line poker the deals continue as scheduled. If someone types 'I wanna shoot ure mom u dooshbag' the gameplay continues without resort to bloodshed and graphic imagery. A strange futuristic fusion of PKR and COD5 may change this situation.

At higher stakes, scared money needs to take some diazepam to calm down. Once calm, you can go all in with 7,2 no sweat. If your stack develops strange arrythmias and psychoses, that's not my problem, just shove it all in and rebuy. It is this very logic that baffles most in-life or clay and straw poker players.

Check this out.

I just won a $20 double up and lost a $20 double up. This is definitive proof of the non riggedness of any kind of poker. If poker was rigged I would have won or lost both of those games, being as I have a 50% chance of winning, for the game to be fair, I had to win one game and lose one game. That is what happenned, therefore proving that poker is totally fair.

It amazes me that after all these explanations, people are still pointing the finger. POKER IS NOT RIGGED. How many more times?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

recent technological advances have made it alot harder to spot bots in live games.things have come a long way since the days of easy tells against the likes of 'robbie the robot' style automatons.
the average player has a much harder job at hand these days spotting these increasingly more lifelike cheaters.

i am always vigilant when playing a live game and will often challenge a player with a low toilet break count , a player who refuses food during an interval,or indeed any player who walks in naked and demands that the head doorman remove his clothes,before asking the whereabouts of sarah connor.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

JG wrote:
pokerpete wrote:saw a woman get A,A three straight hands in a live tourney once.
doubled up first hand

To be honest I stopped reading your post after I got to the bit about live poker being rigged. I hear this time and time again, live players who just haven't played enough on line poker, moaning about the riggedness of live poker.

Both forms of poker are entirely fair but it is common knowledge that on line poker, along with fixed odds betting terminals, is rigged on Tuesdays.

The thing is with live poker, is that extreme deals are met with vocal reactions and the gameplay can slow whilst the dealer waits for everyone to calm down. This means the situation is imprinted on your memory and you forget the times you double up with 7,2 when you thought your oppenent was trying to steal the blinds with pocket aces.

In on line poker the deals continue as scheduled. If someone types 'I wanna shoot ure mom u dooshbag' the gameplay continues without resort to bloodshed and graphic imagery. A strange futuristic fusion of PKR and COD5 may change this situation.

At higher stakes, scared money needs to take some diazepam to calm down. Once calm, you can go all in with 7,2 no sweat. If your stack develops strange arrythmias and psychoses, that's not my problem, just shove it all in and rebuy. It is this very logic that baffles most in-life or clay and straw poker players.

Check this out.

I just won a $20 double up and lost a $20 double up. This is definitive proof of the non riggedness of any kind of poker. If poker was rigged I would have won or lost both of those games, being as I have a 50% chance of winning, for the game to be fair, I had to win one game and lose one game. That is what happenned, therefore proving that poker is totally fair.

It amazes me that after all these explanations, people are still pointing the finger. POKER IS NOT RIGGED. How many more times?
Either your post is REALLY REALLY ironic and you're joining me in my joke or you're REALLY REALLY slow and and have completely missed the irony in my post.

I'm REALLY REALLY hoping it's the former.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

I've re-read your post and am sure that you're post is REALLY REALLY ironic and you know I don't think Live poker is rigged.

I would say I have seen sophisticated live poker cheats in operation in self dealt tournaments but it's extremely rare.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

re-re-read it and I'm not sure again. :?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

pokerpete wrote:I would say I have seen sophisticated live poker cheats in operation in self dealt tournaments but it's extremely rare.

i would like here more on this Pete, if you care to elaborate.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

soft play / team play (affectionately known as "same village"), to the extent people would fold pocket Aces if their buddy had already re-raised a pot on a final table.

dealing off the bottom of the deck in self dealt tournaments where people used the tarditional european method of placing the hand over the deck and sliding cards off instead of pitching them like you see on TV.

physical and verbal intimidation of players inducing timid play from lone players.