AA

The Poker forum
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

but that wasn't my point in my original post which was intimating that amazing things happen in live poker that makes people who claim online poker is rigged look silly.
JG

Post by JG »

Always take my posts with 110% of the RDA for salt.

For what it's worth, touch wood etc I've played three live tournaments, but not made the money yet. I had no reason to grumble, nothing horribly rigged, just a spartan selection of pocket cards. The experience alone was worth the buy in and there was no temptation to put a sly 1'er on the roulette wheel.

I will get in the cash, live, some day, that is my mission.

On line has been fairly 'well behaved' in terms of variance. Nothing to grumble about really, dloing slighty, only slightly better than would be expected on coin flips. No bad beat stories to bore you with, no silly conspiracy theories. I play low stakes, I'm confortable there, I play within my means and have the bankroll for my $10/$20 stts.

I've been playing far less frequently as well. This is intentional, to allow time to relax and recover from poker sessions. No staying up until bloop 'o clock every other night. No. I was on cryptologic with WHill, but they moved to i-poker network which I didn't enjoy so much.
Incidentally I found the lobby layout on Betfair poker awful and soon bailed out of there.
I'm now at Pacific which seems reasonable enough in terms of layout.

The old 'random' and 'rigged' debates, a true staple of the Fruitchat diet, where would we be without them?
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I've just had 7 pocket pairs in 8 hands in a double your money sit and go. :shock: