Deposits

The Poker forum
The Player

Deposits

Post by The Player »

Just thinking of dipping my toe into the world of online poker
Have I heard right that you can deposit money in the bookies for playing with ?
if so does anyone know how this works and how do you get your cash if you win ?
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Why dont you just put money in from your bank?
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

I think you can deposit and withdraw from the likes of Laddies and Will Hill but doing it by card direct is easier and means you have a wider range of sites to choose from.

I'm a Poker Stars player and it's all done through a UK debit card.
simple
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Yeah its generally easy to deposit and withdrawl but just check some of the methods and how much they charge. Most sites are free, however withdrawing back/ depositing from visas/ mastercards can cost up to 3/5% of the transaction. Visa electron is much cheaper and I dont think they charge with withdrawl onto. Neteller etc can charge up to 10% for both dep and with so carefully look into all methods. I suggest in all honesty though that with cafeful bankroll management you should never need to deposit again. If your continually depositing you need to check your management of you money. At a very very maximum I never have more than 5% of my entire stack at one table and most of the time its more like 2/3% That way its almost impossible to lose.

Good luck
caddyshack

Post by caddyshack »

With william hill its quite simple if u dont want to use your cards,just go into any shop and ask for a 50 pound quickcash,u then get a voucher similiar to a phone voucher.

Then log into your account enter the 19 digit number and the amount and your account is credited,To withdraw any winnings simply withdraw and print a voucher off then go pick up your winnings from any will hill shop.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

caddyshack wrote:With Image</img>William Hill its quite simple if u dont want to use your cards,just go into any shop and ask for a 50 pound quickcash,u then get a voucher similiar to a phone voucher.

Then log into your account enter the 19 digit number and the amount and your account is credited,To withdraw any winnings simply withdraw and print a voucher off then go pick up your winnings from any will hill shop.
What if you havent got a printer?Can you just write the number down?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

Dibble wrote:Yeah its generally easy to deposit and withdrawl but just check some of the methods and how much they charge. Most sites are free, however withdrawing back/ depositing from visas/ mastercards can cost up to 3/5% of the transaction. Visa electron is much cheaper and I dont think they charge with withdrawl onto. Neteller etc can charge up to 10% for both dep and with so carefully look into all methods. I suggest in all honesty though that with cafeful bankroll management you should never need to deposit again. If your continually depositing you need to check your management of you money. At a very very maximum I never have more than 5% of my entire stack at one table and most of the time its more like 2/3% That way its almost impossible to lose.

Good luck
yes, use DEBIT cards rather than CREDIT cards.
credit cards treat the transaction as a cash advance
caddyshack

Post by caddyshack »

What if you havent got a printer?Can you just write the number down?

Post by admin »

pokerpete wrote:
Dibble wrote:Yeah its generally easy to deposit and withdrawl but just check some of the methods and how much they charge. Most sites are free, however withdrawing back/ depositing from visas/ mastercards can cost up to 3/5% of the transaction. Visa electron is much cheaper and I dont think they charge with withdrawl onto. Neteller etc can charge up to 10% for both dep and with so carefully look into all methods. I suggest in all honesty though that with cafeful bankroll management you should never need to deposit again. If your continually depositing you need to check your management of you money. At a very very maximum I never have more than 5% of my entire stack at one table and most of the time its more like 2/3% That way its almost impossible to lose.

Good luck
yes, use DEBIT cards rather than CREDIT cards.
credit cards treat the transaction as a cash advance
Good advice, when I first started playing I used a credit card for a couple of months without realising they were charging me £3 a time for a cash advance fee.. Cost me a few hundred quid!
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Yeah the worst was when I recently deposited back onto my visa card from VC. My visa (barkcard) actually charged me £28 for the privilage of puttiny money onto my visa, and then charged me for writing a cheque to myself even though I was incredit. Joke