is online poker fixed?

The Poker forum
swych

is online poker fixed?

Post by swych »

i know this has been asked so many times and i dont think it is
only playing tonight on a 50c-$1 nl table 6 seats 1 guy keeps calling with rediculous hands and winning never raises the pots only calls when other people raise and wins most of the time with cards like 4j off suit with runner runner after being well behind on the flop
at first i was thinking he was a fish but after 2 hours and starting with $50 he had $400!! when i raised with 67 suited on the dealer button he called for $3 flop hits me two pair he bets $5 there is 6d 7c and js so i raise in case he is chasing straight draw he re raises i raise all in so pot is up to $260 he calls with q4 off suit! turn 4 river q what the f**** is that about
i then watch for another 20 minutes and this player gets to $900 playing the exact same crap
i swear thats the last time i play online!!
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Last year I played the following I-Poker sites and consistently had a ROI of about 23% on Paddy Power, Bet 365, Victor Chandler and also Sky Poker playing over 2000 games at beginner level. A decent enough sample, you would think. Signed up to Mansion on 03/01/09 and have constantly been outplayed, outdrawn and have a ROI on there of -15% over 200 games. This is just too much of a variance unless I run over a black cat, a rabbit and spilt a Siberia full of salt.

Ditched Mansion, playing on Boylesports and winning again. Coincidence ?
Roulette free since December 2011.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

mansion are wronguns:FACT.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

to be fair, you pushed all in with bottom two pair.
he could easily have flopped a set the way the hand played out.
if someones playing like that RELOAD
if you can't reload YOU'RE PLAYING OUTSIDE YOUR BANKROLL.

online poker is not rigged but you have to play it in a particular way to win.
Bank Roll management is the most important factor in online poker
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I hate those calling stations. I would rather play against the lunatic who bets on every hand.
Roulette free since December 2011.
swych

Post by swych »

was on betfair
he cannot possibly call when only has outside chnce of winning at best and is getting no odds doesnt even have a pair. i have heard about sites that have bots playing for them that know when they are going to win and just mop up money on certain tables.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

post hand histories rather than anicdotes if you want to discuss specifics.

I'm not reposting the thousands of word I've written here on why online poker looks rigged but isn't.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Pete, maybe you should see if admin can post a sticky regarding the reasons online poker isn't fixed.
JG

Post by JG »

Sometimes you see some really strange plays that hit and you think that you are being cheated. However, I've had a few like that, who call with muck and strike gold. They clear out a couple of buy ins off you and then you hack away and get it back.

Then you get ripped in the say way in an stt, check their Sharkscope figures and see they have a ROI of -10billion.

On line poker is wierd, but I have so little experience of live poker that maybe live poker is wierd as well.

The main worries must be absolute poker type swindles where people can see your cards, or see the entire deal. Also collusion is a problem that exists in on line poker. I play heads up Stts, straight away that removes the threat of collusion.

Logic dictates that the deal must be random, stats can back this up, analyzing frequency of pocket card types and flops hit. However you do get wierd, wierd, wierd calls sometimes and you check sharkcope and dingding! Access to this username statistics has been disabled.

You've raised 'em up out of position with KK big style and they've defended with 2,3 the flop comes 6,7,K and it's carnage from the flop and you get the 4 and the massive pause. You're home and dry you think but it has been a bad night and if you see that 5 then it's definitely rigged and you're never playing again. 5.

There's something slightly wierd about it. Or maybe there isn't.
NoChatter

Nope

Post by NoChatter »

Don't think it's fixed, it's just there are better players than me! Still I'm getting better. 8)
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i played 6 games earlier and was comprehensively destroyed by uberfish.
in particular ,i have no idea wtf a guy is calling a 4 blind preflop raise with jack three offsuit to bust my kk on the flop with j,3,(6 i think) and then taking me out ,the bait these guys are using nowadays is incredible.

i should'nt really be moaning because i'm almost 250 up on the last couple of weeks ,but consecutive sublime calls by dominated opponents really gets me frothing once i've had a few beers ,best leave it a few hours to simmer down :x

at this moment in time ........................ONLINE POKER IS MORE RIGGED THAN FOBT'S ,if that's possible.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

post hand history or it didn't happen :)
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

QUOTE:"post hand history's not anecdotes " :lol:
i dont have them sent i think all this stuff including tracking stats is very boring as i only play for fun(well usually it's fun :D )

anyway, apart from 1 game that i dominated yesterday(highlight flopping 3 aces ,holding ace 7c and over doubling) must have been one of my unluckiest days in 3 years not money wise but ridiculous outcomes.

just goes to prove online poker is'nt rigged ,if fish did'nt luck out they'd stop playing blah de blah. :lol:
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

where do you play?
on poker stars there are instant hand historys available.
Is that non the same everywhere?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

pokerstars too,yep just seen it in requests....hand history.it's partypoker that asks if you want the history emailed after every game,they must have instant history too to keep the stat nerds sweet.