Should I report this?

The Poker forum
JG

Should I report this?

Post by JG »

Hello.

I'm a big fan of 2 player stts when playing on line poker. You can only double your money minus 'rake', but there are also many advantages.
More hands per hour, more fun, more action, no chance of collusion, complete psychological warfare. I play £5/£10/£20/£30/£50 stts heads up, only moving higher if the player is on my fish hit list.

On the lower £5/£10 stakes I'm happy to punt for fun with any random, whilst the higher up I move, the more stats I like to see on my opponent before deciding to temporarily (hopefully) part with my cash.

Anyhow, this is on Hilliam Will poker. The other night I was playing this one opponent and he was going a bit slow. I decided I'd start another game and have a look on YouTube for some nice videos.

This meant that for a couple of moments whilst I was doing those other things, like two hands max, I was a tad slow. No biggie. Wrong.
My opponent started going mental, saying that I was a 'slow boring fucka' and I would get a taste of my own medicine. From then on, every hand he let the timer go to the red before betting, checking, raising or folding.
He seemed genuinely enraged and we exchanged words, I like to think some of mine were a bit witty, whilst his were all along the lines of hoping I developed malignant growths and playground mother insults.
Anyway he won, worse luck, but I decided to monitor him somewhat. The next five games he played, and they did take a while, but he used the same tactic, even if the opponent was barely slowing at all. He'd go slow, then moan at them being slow.

To take a small snippet from his latest game

"Dealer: Welcome!
Dealer: Game #6877795023, Timtom wins pot (60 chips)
Dealer: Game #6877795123, Timtom wins pot (30 chips)
Dealer: Game #6877795223, Timtom wins pot (30 chips)
Dealer: Game #6877795283, Garyd6d9z wins pot (240 chips) with A Flush, Eight high
Garyd6d9z: lol
Dealer: Game #6877795463, Timtom wins pot (30 chips)
Dealer: Game #6877795623, Garyd6d9z wins pot (30 chips)
Dealer: Game #6877795723, Garyd6d9z wins pot (14 chips)
Garyd6d9z: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Garyd6d9z: boring fuka
Dealer: Game #6877795763, Timtom wins pot (30 chips)
Garyd6d9z: ok have it ur way then pal
Garyd6d9z: if its slow uwant its slow u shall have"

The other guy Timtom is not chatting, so this Gary has mellowed and is actually speeding up. Seems to have mellowed as it appears his opponent is unfazed. However in other conversations when the opponents bite, like I did, that's when he goes to work.

Anyhow, should I report this to William Hill customer services? His remarks about cancer and the like were in bad taste, alas I did not cut and paste them or get the table number. Also I think his tactic to play slow and bore the opponent to death and then aggravate them by accusing them of playing too slow is a little below the belt.

Onions.

And opinions please.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I used to love it when someone started ranting and raving but found it affected my play. I'm past the stage of being a bad loser when the other guy sucks out as well. I always let the clock run to halfway before acting as I find they don't know where you are. The people that autofold or auto raise or check are giving a tell that should be to your advantage. Making them trash talk means they can't concentrate and play solid poker. I always look them up on sharkscope whilst I play, even though this isn't 100 relaible. Good fishing J.
Roulette free since December 2011.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i was in a tourny new years eve where someone was kicked off for ranting ,i think it would be easier to complain whilst playing ,is there an option to report abuse on hilliam will?,there is on other sites.

not being the most placcid person,i used to bite all the time ,i had the dr increase my sedation and my poker rage is now at a manageable level unless i suffer a few consecutive rigged beats ,this will cause me to gouge long furrows either side of my desk with my bare hands.

if someone starts raving at me now i get more satisfaction from humouring them,no longer does it affect my game or make me tilt ,it's hella more fun to tell them you had them on 8,4 off suit when they question you calling their aces and busting them.

i don't bother checking people on sharkscope whist playing,does is really disadvantage you that much not doing so?

you can have your level displayed below your avatar on stoker pars ,from silverstar to supernova elite,i'm sure many of the real boys don't enable this option ,but it sure is satisfying knocking a high rank player out. wtf are they doing on 10 dollar tables anyway?...erm maybe trying to rinse mugs like me :lol:
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

The guy is getting hugely emotionally worked up while playing poker. That is ALWAYS to your advantage, as long as you can avoid doing the same.

If you find playing slow put's him on tilt, slowdown. Take time to make the right choices. People rush heads up play anyway. each decision is vital as you're in every single hand.

If they're giving you verbal try responding only with :-) and :-( depending on their comment.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

Although using Youtube while playing is a bad idea and I would only suggest multitabling is a good idea if you're playing super tight early game strategy.

instead of playing 4x$10 STTs I would rather play 1x$50 and pay very close attention to ever play made by every player, but then I'm primarily a live player so that suits my style better.
GlowingLikeAchristmastree

Post by GlowingLikeAchristmastree »

or simply just turn the other players chat off, or mute yourself if heads up, takes his ridiculous tactics away!!!! :)

dusk till dawn, live play the way forward, went for first time tonight, come 15th out of 189 people, much prefer the live game. even though i done quite well online.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

Brilliant isn't it.

I made the first ever final table at DTD. Got knocked out by a two outer on the river.