biggest pot online

The Poker forum
swych

biggest pot online

Post by swych »

just see a 100k pot on betfair $250-$500 heads up table. unbeleivable 44 v q9 flop 982 pair 4s ends up all in quick call he must be feeling sick.
whats the biggest anyone seen on the net?
rook1984

Post by rook1984 »

I saw one a week or so ago. They both had over $100000 and both went all in. The player that lost quickly transferred another $50000 into the table and an hour later was up to over $200000.I forget their names but one was from Barbados.

Pure madness.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

often you see peoples style of play change when they go up the stakes on the tables, they hit the point where they can not afford to lose or take that chance when you belive you are being bluffed, so if this money is well within there compass then they could clean up.

Going all in on that kind of pot with 44 or even Q-9 seems like maddness to me but I guess i might do either if i thought i was on to a winner on a 0.05c table with my pot being 3-4 dollars. If they have that comfort level on these stakes then good luck to them.
joe3_3

Post by joe3_3 »

Id be all in with Q9 more or less evrytime tbh witht that flop?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I am unsure if i would of played it, would have to ask myself with that flop what do I have? 1 pair of 9's and a good kicker, following someone else who has gone all in. Of course you play it if you are betting first but as your not you have got to decide what you think the other player has.

If you think they are trying to steal the pot maybe with 2 high cards then you have to play percentage wise, but otherwise I would be thinking that they might well of hit top pair with a bigger kicker, or been on a pair preflop which might of even hit the trips or be 10 ups...

For 3 to 4 dollars i would of gone all in but with that size pot i would off..... well never of played the table in the first place :lol:
ob

Post by ob »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I am unsure if i would of played it, would have to ask myself with that flop what do I have? 1 pair of 9's and a good kicker, following someone else who has gone all in. Of course you play it if you are betting first but as your not you have got to decide what you think the other player has.

If you think they are trying to steal the pot maybe with 2 high cards then you have to play percentage wise, but otherwise I would be thinking that they might well of hit top pair with a bigger kicker, or been on a pair preflop which might of even hit the trips or be 10 ups...

For 3 to 4 dollars i would of gone all in but with that size pot i would off..... well never of played the table in the first place :lol:
Being that heads up play is very aggresive, you can imagine they may well be trying to steal, from their point of view you only really call them with a 9 x.... (x being anything) or overpair, which is an unlikely holding for you to have - even if u do, they might spawn the 4, albeit unlikely.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Your right, I was thinking more of a larger table format :o ops:
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

I think that the 200/400 games are so complex in their thinking that its just impossible for most ppl to understand thier logic behind pushes etc. I have regularly seen durrrr on 700k and a few times with a million dollar chip stack. I have also seen Gus Hansen spank 1/2 million in an hour on the $2000/4000 blinds table...you just hope your not getting card dead with those blinds.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Oh and here are the stats for Durrrr. His 7 million in cash game profit is since Jan 2008 too as this is since PTR started tracking from.

http://www.pokertableratings.com/overview/durrrr

Gus is currently down 1.2 million but I know that PTR only tacks holdem and not omaha which I know gus predominanly plays.

http://www.pokertableratings.com/overview/gus+hansen