Cheap advertising!

The Poker forum
JG

Cheap advertising!

Post by JG »

Anyway every use poker chat whilst they are playing?

Well I complimented this person on their picture of a dog (taken using a fish eye lens/effect) and they started typing in 'nob ed' into the browser. Repeatedly. So rude and annoying. They were playing with a 5BB stack and refused to rebuy. I was being genuine and was annoyed when I met with the repeated 'nob ed's. Actually I was firstly greeted with a 'who gives a fuc'.

In the end I cut and pasted 'woof'! several million times to block out their pasted 'nob ed's.

Somehow during that time I won about 40BB, which was nice, considering my concentration had slipped to 0% I had some solid(ish) hands and I think me woofing made people think I was liable to bet out with nowt.

Someone tell me off now, but come on, how many other people use chat tactically or otherwise and what sort of manners do you encounter?

Admittedly once I cut and pasted a whole load of 'bloops' into the chat window and someone said "stfu" which is a fair point. It is too tempting to be silly, to try and project an 'idiot' image at the table. Much cheaper than other advertising at a loose on line table.

I'll bloop away if I think it might net me cash later on at the table. I don't care if people think I'm a freak or a nutcase, all part of the game as far as I'm concerned.

That said I've had a few sane conversations in my time and who hasn't typed swear words when a bad beat occurs? Ok, Poker Pete I know you haven't, but non Zen like individuals may do from time to time.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

when someone starts "complaining" after they lose a hand with a pathetic bluff and go on about why i should never have called, i tend to rub their noses in it with venom,just by typing "lol" after every expletive they input usually upsets them enough to make them call you alot more and usually they go out soon,unless the bastards get lucky, in which case i'm left with an eggy face.
it's all good though ,i hate tables where no one says anything at all, i much prefer a good old group snigger when some goes fishing and catches the goods.
i sometimes used to tell the table what i was holding ,worked a treat (not really)one time when i got back to back aces, i'd already proclaimed them first time to remarks of BS and the like, got paid though.next hand typed "well i never bullets again",folded round to one guy who was quite uppity with his comments,anyway he outdrew me and there was much lolling so i dont do that anymore.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

JG

Post by JG »

Well I'm not that bad when there is no risk of getting punched.
Sometimes I do say some random things though. You may be amazed at how uppitty people get.

Six handed, micro stakes NL hold 'em. Hardly the Bellagio is it?
Anyway a load of slowcoaches taking ages to play.
So I just typed in 'bloop' as you do.
One bloop, nothing more nothing less. The chat went like this.

Me: Bloop
p1: wtf?
p2: What is bloop?
p1: Yeah I mean why the **** type that, what does it mean?
p4: Ur a c***
p1: bloop? wtf? for real?
Me: I'm sorry, I'm on stats mode so I can't see your replies.
p4: U R A LOSER
p2: Yeah Tw**, why go bloop?
p5: where are you from?
p4: Loser
Me: Bloop. PS If you spent more time playing and less time worrying about a bloop, then we might actually break 40 hands/hour. Bleep.

and so it continued, the continual flaming. All down to one bloop.

I must admit I stacked one guy and had to fill the text window with cut and pasted bloops.
He left, unable to take the heat of being a 4 dog with my superior pockets and multiple bloops.
Trash talking, however wierd, you got to love it.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

that tony g guy makes me piss myself sometimes ,loved the one where he flopped the royally,he looked sick as a parrot when the turn came another diamond and no one betted ,must of wounded him bigtime not getting a big pot with that hand.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Best thing to do if you luck out against someone is to claim you had the best of it before the river, it sends them absolutely apeshit.

Hit a 3 outer against someone then claimed i had pot odds, which just made him prime to pick off next time i had a hand, cause he was so desperate to get his cash back he'd play at me every time i had a hand.
JG

Post by JG »

lol, yes that's so true. A tactic that can turn a massive tilt into a massive stack.

I made a donkey call, preflop in a stupid spot against a tight opponent with a junk ace and lucked out against his pocket kings. The swearing started (no need for that) so he got the old, "But I was winning, I had an ace!" treatment. Sent him off the scale for tilt, pity he paid off another player with his stack and shut up shop though.