Thanks but why?

The Poker forum
Cardinal Sin

Thanks but why?

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I sometimes play multi-table tourneys on a certain poker site... I'm won a couple of rather big tourneys and I'm a few hundred pounds up (although that would be a darned site more if I didn't play when hammered).

Anyway, due to the nature of the game, they sometimes need to transfer players from one table to another to balance them up... however, in some tourneys, I can be moved several times. Nearly every time has been when I've been low on chips and about to put the blind in.... I'm playing a game as we speak where I've been shifted 3 times already. I've not even put a blind in for about 20 hands.

Now I'm sure they have algorithms to ensure fairness, so why are they being so generous? Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining.... but surely there must be other aggrieved punters out there who experience the opposite of what is happening to me?
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Have to say I agree it does seem to work in my favour too. There must be some players that get double blinded and are fumin :lol:
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I was moved 5 times in 8 hands a while back, each time I landed on the BB. It was pretty early in the MTT and all 5 hands were playable but if they were rags then yeah, I'd have been pi$$ed off.

I keep getting to the last 50 out of 500, then hitting a brick wall - grrrrrr!
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Was in a 600 player MTT earlier. After half an hour and over 400 players left we had the chip leader, the 3rd highest stack and the 10th highest. I doubled up twice to just under 6000 chips and was the short stack on the table.
Come on you Royals
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

It's just random, and of course as it is probability based it will all work out in the end, just remember this thread when you get well and truly shafted one game.