Soft in the head

The Poker forum
JG

Soft in the head

Post by JG »

Bit quiet here isn't it?

Cards are running better for me, touch touch wood. I'm playing very low NL 0.05/0.10 as I'm just climbing up from a tilt. Found a good table and stayed up light last night.

9am...bedtime for people with 'routines' and young children who shouldn't be tired for school the next day.

10am...bedtime when you've had several late late nights and you need an early night.

11am...average bedtime for the average UK resident (GALAPO sleep research study....don't google that, I made it up just there)

12am...A later, but average time for bed

1am....About as late as you want to go to bed if you're to feel any kind of alertness for work at 9am.

2am....A typical poker session

3am......A late poker session..

4am.....Oh dear....The early birds are starting to rise, The Dawn chorus nears, in the summer it is just starting to get light

5am.....OK You're looking at a couple of hours quick deep sleep

6am.....Finally the cards blurred and I was missing flushes on the board and realising that for the last hour I was only breaking even against the fishy opponents I'd been crushing earlier....I rolled into bed at 6:10am as the friendlygirl was getting out of bed to start an early shift.

I had planned an early start with a bit of travelling, so that's what I stuck to...bleary eyed, I dragged myself out of bed....

What's the grumble? Well I must be soft in the head today as I gave up two good machines when I needn't have done and for a final encore threw £40 into DOND Btb, an all time despised machine of mine.

First one still had £80 left in a £125 hopper. I'd noticed a lurker watching and thought this would be a good time to move the car as the time was nearly up (had been to the bank and played another machine before this one) So rather than leave a credit in , I just left assuming he was a munter who'd jump back on and make up the £40 difference. As soon as he jumped on and switched to y'know whilst I was 2cm away from the machine I knew I'd make a BAD JUDGEMENT not a good one, good one, good one, good one, good one.

The second machine of the day had a lot of value in. Let's just say if you were at the fruit and veg counter, look at those cherries or pears in the middle. You might just pick those cherries and not go for the blue err berries up top. Well it was there. It was happy but deadish happy if you know what I mean. In limbo. Licking down, but hardly lasting long on red either. That awkward spot that can do you to % on low %. So I played a couple of boards and this guy comes in for change and starts watching. I don't want him to see anything special. So I take the money out and think what to do. Is he a player or just a random.? I'm just thinking things through to myself whilst tapping idly the buttons on the machine next to it (whilst stood largely in front of machine I've just been playing) and he's put a coin in which is rather rude. I mean if someone is standing rather very much in front of a machine you want to play, you tend to ask them if they've finished before barging in like a twat.

If I'd had any kind of alertness I'd have said "I'm still playing that" as regardless of wether he knows things or not, that's still rude. As it was I walked away still with a naively dreamy idea he might be a muntling (plenty of new students about) plus the fact he was a very similar build to the clueless guy who was feeding it before and I could be forgiven (or not). He read it perfectly and three 'up tops' later he's left it 6742628467624823467 nudges for red bonus. £8 for a board take your JP/strawberry/green shot for a quick fiver back and run. You know the score. I'd estimate about £50-£60 of value lost through me being a pansy and floating around aimlessly.

Moral: Leave a credit in/don't tolerate barging in/don't leave machines with value in, chances of enticing clueless player over leaving value for player not good enough.

So about £140 lost on basic shitty mistakes. I only won half that on the poker last night, so a bit of a wrong move. I'm not playing now, just writing this as I know I'd tilt.

Should get some sleep really. Get my head back in shape. Sleep.

I had my normal quota of panthers and stuff, so was still about £120 up on the day, but early start....come on.....should have been £260.

Then onto the final location. Two good machines, then a 'below nought' that was chocka but playing like it was......'underneath a non entity'. On fruit tilt (actually on tilt.....no seperate pots for poker/fruit machine) .

Then I played it. The shitiest machine ever. A chappie stuck a £20 in and lost it. I played some other stuff then this. £9 in, board, rise and fall, £3...? COBBED it for LOSE.

So tilting, didn't assess things, basically felt like about three boards for £60!!! Had to feed £80 in for that cycle of bloop around until you get a jackpot (only £25) for half your money back. 1/15 chance of flasher to break even. Waste of time and money. Then tilted into some shitty £5 machine to finish £60 down at that location.

£60 up for the day. Piss poor.

A self pitying post, but had to get that off my chest.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Good day,GR. I've given up cash games (the rakes kill you) and play STT's and low value MTT's. Have turned small losses into three consecutive months of profits. Too many hours wasted though.