BETFAIR - What a joke

The Poker forum
Fader

BETFAIR - What a joke

Post by Fader »

constant straights is all i can say

an example would be QK, and some tit going all in with J6 -

flop - Q1010 - KA

and it happens time and time again, straights materializing from the flop, its common practise in there to see 910jqk as the board, because every single hand has straight possibilites, and when it aint a straight you got to constantly be looking for its the amount of 5-suited boards, i.e,

5c, 4d, Ad, 10d, jd -

and if you get to showdown 9 times out of 10 you get rivered by a 2 pair or they catch a 3ofakind on the river, its just disgusting to say the least, ive emailed them a few times now to let them know what a pitiful excuse of a poker-site they have - but to no reply

what a suprise --

betfair gets my vote for worst poker site on the internet
Chance favours the prepared mind!
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Bad beats happen whatever site you play im afraid.

Have you tried playing higher cash games? Play is usually a lot better and no going in with F all.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

To be fair to betfair, what can they do about it?

Are you suggesting that their software is biased towards certain players?

How can you stop people going All-In? Surely it could happen on any poker site?
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

true low stakes play is more or less afreeroll to some people and they play very very loose in order to be able to bully the table or to get a head start and if they lose its straight onto another table to do the same, thats why i would love to play a pro poker game cos it would be proper poker instead of mickey mouse poker where people call with anything.....

i mostly play stt's and about 7 times out of 10 i get in the money cos i like tp play tigh aggressive and have a lot of patience 1st couple ofhandsgo down the drain for me even if its like a,10 etc i like to get settled and get a read on my players b4 i go for the kill lol but im sureu will find ur form fader u seem to be goin through a bad luck streak m8 as i have watched u in the lats 2 tournys and u were very unlucky in both but one sure thing about luck is it will change eventually
JustAnotherClone

Sometimes you can make the right decision and lose, you just have to make sure it doesn't put you off and stick to your game.
Fader

Post by Fader »

No, aint just mickey mouse players, its the way the cards come too - how can they call it random if there are constantly the same kinda cards coming out?

it's not sour grapes, and yes my luck is down losing to AA in both tournies, but blimey it aint cursed lol
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

i do admit though ive never seen so many players losing on the river to shit hands in my life. its like there tryin to wittle down the numbers by throwing these cards in to knock people out
rocket

Post by rocket »

Sorry to drag this up, but I would swear that there's some truth in this - the board just throws out straight after straight after straight, with a straight on the table or 4 5 6 7 where someone only need one shitty card to make the straight. It happens probably 4/5 hands and pisses me off big time.
Fader

Post by Fader »

thank god it aint just me :x
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Count me in! 8)

A deliberate ploy to make you lose money if you ask me. I had a flush Ace high with not a lot else on the table, except a pair. Turns out one guy has the third card and another on the table to have a full house on the river. I'd bet $22 on that too (so he called $22 with feck all), i was so pissed off.

It happens so often Lure people with decent hands to bet big only for them to lose. They invest more to win it back, and their profit levels soar, and so on. Too bad this punter won't be giving them any more money! (That's poker.co.uk/pokerstars).

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

I have had a whole days of bad beats aa lose to 55 etc on all ins. Its because the people often dont know how to play. Try higher staked tables. And make sure its not worth they to call ie chuck a lot of cash in.

Personally my best bead beat of all time

Me As6s Limp in for 200
Him Jh9d BBlind 200

Board 2s 6h 6s

He goes all in for 4000 chips, I call next cards

Jd Jc

Classic
JustAnotherClone

Wouldnt that give you Full house and beat him?
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

dibble would have 6,6,6,j,j

the other dude would have j,j,j,6,6

meaning the other guys wins cmon jac u should know this by now lol
JustAnotherClone

Ah yes missed that :?
discostu

Post by discostu »

People only remember the bad beats. I play a lot of on line poker these days before someone starts with 'yeah wtf do you know' etc.

SEriously, so many times ive heard the same thing about being rivered etc. Yes it happens and yes there are maniacs who go all in/call big raises with nothing and hit.

But its not like it happens every hand.

Keep records of all your all ins and you will see.