bit of a cock

The Poker forum
nudgesuk

bit of a cock

Post by nudgesuk »

i played a freeroll graduation tourny on laddies tonight 86 players i was in 3rd placewith 4 players left i let a few great hands go as the guy next to mewas very low in chips and when it cameto me on the bb i had q,10 the next to folded the chip leader called he had 98,000 chips to my 6,000 lol flop came 8,6,q he bet 5,000 i went all in and he caught a5on the river to knock me out winning me $95 for nothing which wasnt bad but the guy next to me only had 646 chips so if idve just folded that q,10 then he'd have gone out next hand and id have won $125 plusi had no chance against the other 2 as they had way superior stacks than me it was a school boy error that i wont be making again. :roll:
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Nudges.........personally I think thats a good play. Ok he got lucky. Stilll think its the right thing to do.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

ah ive done that a few times, hard because a double up would have given you a chance for better than 3rd. does pay to sit back sometimes tho.
Gran

Post by Gran »

I've seen me and The Cardinal folding JA suited with 11 people left just to ensure we get on the final table.

Good tactics possibly, but it definitely makes you feel shame

:o ops:
itsme wrote:I dont mind a pint of cider for the morning after. I'm not an alcoholic but its very refreshing.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

Yep its either an all in hand or fold at that stage. Everyone else will be in the same position wanting to get onto the final table. Just make sure the chip leader has folded before you go all in!
gmapearl

Post by gmapearl »

Same thing happened to me on a Sit n Go with 3 players left.
The guy who was short stacked did not go all in but bet bet and lost 199 of his 200 chips.
I got caught with a good hand, lost on the river therefore losing second spot ($45) to the chap with $1.
Bugger...
Debz

Post by Debz »

:shock: i just saw this was quite high up on the screen and saw the person who posted this topic and thought... you know.. :(
nudgesuk wrote:nah were all good people on here i can just imagine what a nightout it would be cos some of these boys are crazy lol i reckon it would be a great laugh.
mjd

Post by mjd »

yeah :(
boom
Fader

Post by Fader »

yeah me too - :(
Chance favours the prepared mind!