More bad beats

The Poker forum
Cardinal Sin

More bad beats

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Of course, you can imagine the look on Gran's face last night... he was sitting there with what he thought he couldn't lose, a straight flush, ace high. He went all-in. I saw him. And turned over these 2 beauties.

A pair of Cardinal R's. The absolute nuts. Poor boy was distraught. Resolved never to play cards again.
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very nice, how did you play the killer hand?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I just waited him to raise all in, then "reluctanctly" followed suit.

Of course, the more visually astute will notice that I was dealing the hand. However, any allegations of dishonesty are unfounded. I am a man of the the cloth, after all.
Gran

Post by Gran »

Fucking unbeatable hand. Thought I was on William Hills for a minute, complete fix if you ask me.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Down to last 20 players in a 600 MTT last night. All in with 12,000 chips with QQ. Caller has AA (and less than 12,000 chips). Next hand go all in against same player and he has AA again against my A7. Cards come 77Q then 3 then A.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

happens alot a player finishing you off, when i get pocket aces they never hold up :x
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Two hands in a row is 48840/1.
tka

Post by tka »

I beat one of those weird THE pub games today. I won £20 off 50p and suprise suprise the machine didn't pay out.

If you leave your name and phone number...

Yeah right.
No wonder I drink!
Gran

Post by Gran »

Ladbrokes went tits up yesterday, so they put on a $5000 added 10 dolla tourney.

878 entrants, I got down to 20th (top 70 got prizes) with 53 left and was sitting pretty. Top prize was over 3000 dollars.

No-one was putting in big raises, so when I got my pocket Kings I thought I'd slowplay it.

Called the minimum raise, and then someone went all in. I thougt YAAAAAS HERE WE GO. I called his all in and he typed in "Oh no, I was just trying to punish the limpers (which I took to mean he was just trying to buy the pot). YEEHAH I thought, I'm on a good 20000 chips here.

So we showed, and he had A4. YA BEAUTY.

The flop: 2 3 5.

I WAS ABSOULTEY RAGING, ended up with 40 dolla prize. But for a bout 3 hours I was walking about going GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x
itsme wrote:I dont mind a pint of cider for the morning after. I'm not an alcoholic but its very refreshing.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Our other friend who plays the poker regularly managed to qualify for a $10,000 guarandamnteed prize pool last night.

Top 20 played, he did well to get to 14th through some nice bluffing, good calls and a healthy slice of Lady Luck. Then he undid 3+ hrs of good work when someone went all for 20,000 chips. My friend (nickname Ian Beale), decided to call him with KJ, the other guy had AQ.

He still won $100, but it could have been soooo much more.