Raise with AKh on the button get called by the big blind,,

flop comes Jh 2h 6c, i check he moves all in.. i call

he has 2pair J 2s

Turn Qh

River 2d

Thanks again ladbrokes
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

you only had a draw when you moved in jack,ideal turn and then the sickener.this is what us guys over at riggedsville know as 'cinematic poker'

you have got to know you're behind(i think he made right move going all-in ,basically to try and take the pot down there and then and put off any potential flush draw) when he pushed in jack, you only had the nut flush draw,i concede you were holding pretty cards pre flop but they are now considerably devalued.

i don't know if you're playing cash tables or tournies but you need to respect other peoples moves more on cash tables ,i find there is a lot less bluffing.

sometimes a fold is the right move here basically it's heart or epic fail for you, defo less of a shocker if you don't hit you flush on the turn though.

i would have folded this out of position unless i had other player well covered. if you turn it round and it was your move first i would have either semi bluffed a pot size bet or checked depending on the weather at the time in Tibet ,being as he's got 2 pair it's unreasonable to expect him to fold ,he'd probably have come over the top anyway and also called any all in move.

basically don't over value your draws too much, defo a rigged river though ,proper cheating mate.

i'm sure pete will read this and give a proper analysis later even though you have'nt posted the pudding with the proof in.

laters.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Not Ladbrokes, but Pokerstars - I was having great fun on the daily free-roll last night, was 1st for a good while (whilst it dropped from ~1000 players down to ~270. 9000+ started!) Also got kippered in a similar fashion. AK, the flop comes out AKQ - heads up - I wade in (in total) with 150,000 and he goes all in. Turn: 7, River: Q. What does he bloody have?

AQ

Bugger.

Oh well, made $2.79 for ~3 hours play - GET IN THERE!!! (lol). :)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mjd

Post by mjd »

That pokerstars freeroll sounds good.

Would'nt it take all night though if you got very far?
boom
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

There was that to it mate. Starts at 9:30 and I bombed out at just shy of midnight! There were still obviously 250ish people left then... But as the blinds increase it does speed up the amount of players who bomb out, but naturally, people start to play slower. I think if I hadn't needed to be up for work today I would've played safer. Think first place was $777 and second was $500ish. Essentially, you needed to be in the top ten though to win anything worthwhile. Can't complain for nothing though. :)

Back to the thread; I was toying with trying Laddies' Poker as I have an account witht hem for footy-related stuff, but I think probably sticking to just one Poker environ for me is more than enough at the moment... ;)
JG

Post by JG »

Jack your call was rash, but the fact he had J2 and even in the big blind he called a raise pre flop is strong evidence of foul play which I'm sure Poker Pete will heartily agree with me on that facet of factual facetiousness.
Also, looks like Spielberg was on hand to provide some excellent direction in a thrilling plot full of twists and turns and rivers.
Trouble is, he was probably a shill bot rig out cheat prop hardwired into a cinematic biased system and that is where you were doomed.
JG
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

as lugsy said, strictly speaking it's a case of "hand history or it didn't happen"

our little A,A hand history experiment only ran 33 hands, of which the aces held up almost 80% of the time.
Also, of the times it lost, some of those were at least in part, caused by slow play.
I'm sure if you got a couple of hundred hands you'd get closer to 85/90%
Also worth noting that I never once got my Aces cracked, and cracked a couple in the hands I reported.
The moral of that story is, publicly defend the RNG and the people with the doom buttons look after you.

Happy to run an AK experiment.
Trouble is, it's harder to do.
With A,A you are always a big favourite preflop so it's a straight comparison between outdraw / no out draw.
With AK you can be ahead, behind or roughly even.

The only real way to do it is pushing all in preflop every time.
Doesn't really pick up the complexity of playing AK properly.

With the hand given as an example above, AK v J2 is only a 2/1 shot.
Hardly a bad beat.
His 33% is made up of pairs, two pairs, trips, flushes, full houses, quads, straight flushes, even a royal flush.
If AK NEVER got beat by J2 full house after making a nut flush on the turn that would be proof that online poker WAS rigged, not that it wasn't.
How many AK's DIDN'T get outdrawn by two raggy cards making a full house after making a Nut flush on the turn since online poker began?
BILLIONS.

You've got to get your phase space right.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

All the fun of the game I guess, eh Pete? :D

You could, I suppose, sum up by stating the really quite obvious fact that just because a hand should win, does not mean that it will...

Yes, things like AA, AK and AQ naturally put the odds in your favour (pre-flop) but when something is not 100%, the remaining percentage will hit you now and then.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

variance is a bugger.

some people just aren't cut out for poker.
It's a cruel game most of the time.
It'd be lovely if the most deserving people won all the time, but chance doesn't give a shit how well you played the hand, how nice a person you are, or how much you need the cash.

either
a) suck it up, reload, play on
or
b) pack it in and play a game with less random chance involved.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

J 2 i wasent happy with..
JG

Post by JG »

Right I'm taking up chess - I'm pretty sure that's not rigged, unless it's mate for white in 56 from the start, in which case it is rigged for black.
I may do that doom switch thing that Pete suggested.
Here goes, everyone from Full Tilt, William Hill, Ladbrokes and any other site listening?

Good - ON LINE POKER IS RANDOM, THE CARDS ARE GENERATED VIA A RNG WHICH IS CERTIFIED BY QUALIFIED AUDITORS. IF SOMETHING DODGY WAS GOING ON, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SPOTTED BY NOW. YOU ARE PLAYING MORE HANDS, WITH LOOSER OPPONENTS THAN BRICKS AND MORTAR POKER, SO YOU WILL SEE MORE OUTDRAWS.

ON LINE POKER IS NOT RIGGED.

Pawn to king four.
JG
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

JG wrote:ON LINE POKER IS RANDOM, THE CARDS ARE GENERATED VIA A RNG WHICH IS CERTIFIED BY QUALIFIED AUDITORS. IF SOMETHING DODGY WAS GOING ON, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SPOTTED BY NOW. YOU ARE PLAYING MORE HANDS, WITH LOOSER OPPONENTS THAN BRICKS AND MORTAR POKER, SO YOU WILL SEE MORE OUTDRAWS.

ON LINE POKER IS NOT RIGGED.

couldn't have put it better.

you watch all your big hands hold up now, and you'll win all your coin flips too.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

thecannonball89 wrote:J 2 i wasent happy with..
But WHY did he call with J,2?

Maybe you minimum raised and he was suited.
Were there other callers you haven't mentioned, giving him good odds?
Was he or you particularly short stacked?
Were blinds very high, making it a crap shoot?
Was he tilting from a bad beat?
Was his tea ready?
Maybe you'd raised every one of his last five BBs and decided he was calling with any two next time.

All of the above would be perfectly good reasons for you to find yourself up against J,2
As I said, you were only 2/1 favourite so technically if blinds were say 100/200 and you make it 600 he has the right pot odds to call because he's getting better than 2/1 on his money (400 more to win 900 already in there)

This is not a bad beat.
Sorry
mjd

Post by mjd »

Matt Vinyl wrote:There was that to it mate. Starts at 9:30 and I bombed out at just shy of midnight! There were still obviously 250ish people left then... But as the blinds increase it does speed up the amount of players who bomb out, but naturally, people start to play slower. I think if I hadn't needed to be up for work today I would've played safer. Think first place was $777 and second was $500ish. Essentially, you needed to be in the top ten though to win anything worthwhile. Can't complain for nothing though. :)

Back to the thread]http://www.ladbrokes.com/ast?action=ass ... sset_id=96[/img]Laddies' Poker as I have an account witht hem for footy-related stuff, but I think probably sticking to just one Poker environ for me is more than enough at the moment... ;)

Sounds cool !

I can see the work issue. Start playing hyper aggressive :lol:
boom