How many...

The Poker forum
bigv038

How many...

Post by bigv038 »

of us have a pokerstars account and would be up for a forum tourny?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Plan! I'm on there and would be up for it mate... :)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

yep , work permitting count me in.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

mr lugsy wrote:yep , work permitting count me in.
Could you please not use the 'w' word on the forum please :wink: :lol:
johnjohn

Post by johnjohn »

post a few more deatails like how many games ? added? buy in amount? and WILL YOU ALL PLAY EVERY GAME IN THE LEAGUE? ( well at least 90% )
and would need to vote on buy in amount , i would say around $2/$2.50 with .25/.50 going to site per game or even pay for 10 games in advance ($25 in advance ,perhaps ps will add to it then ) so it all goes ahead as it pisses me off when i depostit on a site to watch the games not go ahead due to lack of people regging

i will deposit and play if you get a min of 10 people
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

$50 upfront ($5 a game) 10 game league - top 3 paid overall on a point system or something (50%, 30%, 20%) would be pretty good :P
What about getting a rival forum in on it to get the numbers up? I'm sure a few of you post on other fruit forums?
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Id play, have to make an acount 1st tho.
johnjohn

Post by johnjohn »

i think at least 10 people $3 a game with $1 bounty on each head $1.50 going into prize fund and 0.50 to site top 3 payed? each game and as we pay in advance maybe a freeroll thrown in by the site or a bit of added?

this way you can win something each game for knocking people out with maybe a $2 bounty on last weeks winner

and as its paid for in advance if a person cant be bothered to play on a certain day there buyin still goes in the pot ????
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

johnjohn wrote:i think at least 10 people $3 a game with $1 bounty on each head $1.50 going into prize fund and 0.50 to site top 3 payed? each game and as we pay in advance maybe a freeroll thrown in by the site or a bit of added?

this way you can win something each game for knocking people out with maybe a $2 bounty on last weeks winner

and as its paid for in advance if a person cant be bothered to play on a certain day there buyin still goes in the pot ????
Sounds good to me. Thoughts everyone else?
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

yeah im on there and would be up for a bit of free money off you lot!! :wink:
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
johnjohn

Post by johnjohn »

any other thoughts to what i posted? good idea?

if so who will arange?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

very difficult to sort out a league,don't even think stars can do a bounty system................laddies is the place for that.

if previous forum games are anything to go by there would'nt be as many as ten seated,sorry to be a pessamist.

i for 1 could'nt commit to a league system ,we could try a 1 off sit'n'go for say....10 dollars entry plus 1 dollar fee, just to see where we are and then go from there depending on turnout?

i've had a look on stars and it is'nt immediately obvious to how you set up a private game on there, but i do have a friend ,lol, who i have'nt spoken to for a year who is able to set these games up . he runs a very small site that has basic info about poker and is an affiliate to stars. he would probably be able to put a few bums on seats. i will contact him shortly to see when his next private game is .
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Pokerpete, JG will you be joining us?
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

would be happy to play a one off game.

not interested in a league.

prefer pokerstars but could go elsewhere if necessary
JG

Post by JG »

Same as PP, will be happy to sign up for an account as I said I would do ages ago. One game for now, see what the turnout is like. Happy with any stake from $3 buy in to $5,000 buy in (deep stacks only and gentle blind structure if playing this stake), nothing more though.
JG