Chase the Ace

The Poker forum
JG

Chase the Ace

Post by JG »

Let me explain this game to you.

Also let me apologise in advance. This has nothing to do with poker, however it's a card game and it is err.....well we'll come to that later. I will move it if people object, however it'll let a bit of fresh air into the recently stagnant poker section.

Let me explain Chase the Ace. The more players the better, but if you have more than 51, you'll need another deck of cards.

It's 2 players and more but the more the merrier.

Ok, you all put three five pence pieces in front of you. Can you afford to do that? DO YOU.. CIO YOU NO.. ARE U SURE WHATS GOING ON?.. ID JPFUK CALLING URE BLUFF LOOL..worried lugs? Yeah anyway, three five pee pieces in front of you.

Right now get your uncle to deal the cards out clockwise to the people at the table, for this round your uncle is the banker and you all get one card each. Look at your card but don't show anyone else unless it is a KING in which case turn it up for all to see. Ok play proceeds from the left of your uncle. Now imagine you are first to act. Have a look at your card. The idea is that at the end of the round, the person with the lowest card pays 5p (one life), when you've paid 15p then you're out!

So you have a choice to make, do you swap with the person to your left or stick with what you've got?
You can only swap if the person to your left has not exhibited a king.
This contiunues to the dealer, which in this round was your uncle who tuns over his card for all to see, he has a choice to stick, or swap for a card on top of the deck. Then it's showdown, lowest card pays, joint lowest cards pay. ACE is low.

Game is played until the last person left with 5p or more scoops the pot.

There were ten of us and I'd already lost the first session. Next session and I'm in the final two players. So that's 8*15p in the pot, £1.20 up for grabs! No wait, we were both down to one life each, so that's an extra 20p...£1.40 at stake.

My uncle was dealer and I saw the 4 of clubs, I swapped for his queen of spades. Showdown.....my queen to his four.......cards face up before he drew as we both knew each other's cards..........thinking that £1.40 was mine and it'd go a good way towards paying for a Sub of the Day I smiled, imagining myself first past the post.

So turning over the card................KING!

KING!

I was doomed and it was game over.

Chase the ace with your Aunty Mabel is rigged.

DO YOU.. CIO YOU NO.. ARE U SURE WHATS GOING ON?.. ID JPFUK CALLING URE BLUFF LOOL..

Chase the Ace is rigged.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

you have to suck it up,reload ,and think of the long game george.
JG

Post by JG »

8) Quite right, sage words, however I'm still having nightmares about that horrific bad beat there.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

ah, festive card games with relatives - always good for a laugh! Our one of choice is Newmarket (Or 'Kings' as my Nan calls it. ;) ) Who's going to win that huge pot of 0.37p?! :lol:
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Newmarket's a quality game just a shame not many know how to play it properly!
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

How about a game of Go Johnny Go Go Go Go? :wink:
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

Lol at Newmarket, what memories!
Hiding the queen, and then the jack, and then the ten as the tension mounts and all goodwill goes out the window with the cat who is distracting from the situation at hand by making eyes at the sausage rolls.
Its 10.30 and with just the king of spades left and the ashtray of tuppences has long been replaced with a half pint jug which now contains at least one pound coin and plenty of the shiny silver stuff. Friends of the family who have been invited round for the evening have been left with empty glasses and glaring looks from the residents . Go on you try it, take our heat, cold meats, and also our money and you will find yourselves borrowing someone elses lawnmower in the spring.
Block after block after block and the animosity is becoming nasty; Rich wont lend Jamie 20p as he only has a pound left and no one seems to be able to change a fiver all of a sudden. Siblings trying to keep calm infront
of (now unwanted) guests. Mum steps in and J is still in the game.
It all happened so quickly, First Grandad got to within one card but 'no black' That was nervy but not as nervy as Rich saying 'no black, NOOOOOOOOOOO'
All were going to kick off.
With that Grandma promptly stood up and placed the king of spades down onto the table and exclaimed 'YOU CANT TOUCH THAT!!!'

Instead of appreciating her win and great MC Hammer impression everyone was watching her new false teeth glide their mysterious slow motion way into Dad's cognac glass.

Peace reined. Everyone went home happy and laughing;

except Grandad, who had to fork out £1100 for a new set.
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Captain.Tattybojangles wrote:How about a game of Go Johnny Go Go Go Go? :wink:
isnt that a cross between bamalama fidge-fadge, and 8 men down?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Steve - love it! Sounds very, very familiar! ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

yes , a triumphant return to fruitchat by the young (maybe not so) brighton fan. :D