The only outcome that could really do me...

The Poker forum
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

pokerpete wrote:I don't play that way, but I'm saying serious online pros I know do. they play very high stakes, wait for big hands and win big pots with them.

The reason I rarely say "good play" on here is because sadly, poker is only ever discussed in terms of bad beats or rigged software.

also, hand histories are never provided. Anecdotes and limited recollection of the order hands were played in doesn't show if a play was good or bad.
I never said it was rigged or it was a bad beat, although I thought it was harsh. But kinda expected it with so many people in the hand, but couldn't really fold.
I only posted it to liven up the poker section a bit as not alot gets posted anymore, so thought I'd share an experience and I get indicated a bad player :roll:
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

I didn't say you were a bad player.

I said you were lucky to get A,A / A,A / Q,Q and 9,9 in close succession when playing 5 tables at once.

I also then suggested the reason you probably made nothing from the hands is your multi-tabling strategy.

Don't take it so personally.

Either play one table at a time, at the highest stake you can afford and take it seriously. or multi-table and take the swings and beats that produces.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

On a different note...How bad is it the info you can view on each player and what they play and when etc :shock:

It shouldn't be allowed! But very useful finding a headsup donk to play :P
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

are you on about pokeredge? or something similar?

i trialled pokeredge a few months ago, i found that it had a very limited amount of hands logged for almost all players (on pokerstars anyway ,dont know what its like on full tilt etc). it certainly was was'nt all it was made out to be by the owners.

for instance how could it be a reliable tool and how could you trust it when it had maybe a couple of hundred hands stored for a player and it was making him out to be a shark then half an hour later he's a calling station?

i found that nobody i was playing against had more than a few thousand hands stored ,so it was almost totally useless,certainly not worth the monthly fee.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

I've been looking at http://www.pokertableratings.com its free to use. Basically tells you if the persons a donk or not :lol: Someone told me these sites are not allowed to be used? :?
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

they're so unreliable and the info you get is not really much better than 5 minutes watching a table will tell you.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Trouble is the thing with watching a table is not many hands actually get turned over for you to see what everyone had.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

I'm sure we can all agree that this is a bad beat :lol:

mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

sick.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Bet your stomach dropped when the river flowed in! :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

Now THAT is a nasty bad beat.

looks particulary bad because the Ace on the flop, but I assume it was all in preflop looking at the stack sizes, so it's all part of his 18%

if the money had gone in on the flop then it becomes seriously unpleasant as he'd be less than 1 in a thousand to hit.

A wise man once said that "one in a hundred things almost never happen, but million to one shots come up nine times out of ten" :D
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

here's the scenario:

low stakes double or nothing ,6 left in ,1 more out for the money.

blinds are 200/400 ante about 30 i think.

i have about 2200 chips and am big blind and get dealt ks kh 8) .

1 guy 2 spaces to the left has 245 chips left and another guy next to him has 530.

folds round to small blind who has big stack and been throwing his weight around.

he goes all in.

now i have been known to fold in these situations and just play for the pot.
all i had to do was sit there folding for the money ffs but i was'nt having this guy steal my big blind when i had kings lol.

i go all in too ,cards turn over and he has j 4 of spades and i lmfao.

cards over ;

3s kc 2h giving me top set and him needing runner runner.

turn and river time....................qs 7s

cinematic.
JG

Post by JG »

Horrible. I'm not saying it should never happen, but I reckon if you got all your hand histories and checked through significant hands like that, where significant => both commit over 50% of stack to pot pre flop and focused on say runner runner flush suck outs, you'd see a higher than average suck out rate.
Alas I am not aware of poker tracker software that can analyze that deeply.

Why does it do it? To get you on tilt and spending more.

Software biased towards TILT or HOT. Cinematic.

When tilting you'll want to prove that SKILL can win through and teach those fish a lesson.
When HOT, you'll be getting benefit of others on TILT mode.
It's just like a harder profile AWP.
IN the long run you'll get an even crack of the whip, it's just more cinematic that's all and NO NO NO it's not just because of more hands dealt per hour.

Also if you could get hot modes whilst playing 2,3 os/A,4 os/69/KJ 10 handed against rocks out of position/cold calling on LHE etc etc you'd play more if you could get HOT modes.

The fish will lose and you can still win on on-line poker, it's just more cinematic.
JG
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

he started 3 in 20
went out to 1 in 20
back to 3 in 20 by the turn.

yep, definitely a bad beat.

definitely NOT evidence of biased software.

In fact, does anyone have ANY evidence of biased software?
I'm not talking about anecdotal bad beat stories, I mean actual evidence of bad software?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

would you fold in a situation like that pete?

i know i have done a few times when in a comfortable position and not needing to play to cash out.

the guy to my right had stolen my blinds a few times ,when it folded round to him i knew he would go all in because he would be thinking i'd defo fold because of the two shorties. i just wanted to make a stand lol.

i replayed the hand so i got the details correct but unfortunately have no idea how to save the screen on pokerstars ,right clicking simply brings up table options and themes,incidently i could not see anyway of changing the default cinematic theme to one of a more gritty realistic tone.

btw pete, in all honesty i do not think there is alot of rigged online poker,maybe a bit of collusion but otherwise no cheating.conspiracy is however a ratings winner so these theories will always be a popular topic.