The only outcome that could really do me...

The Poker forum
bigv038

The only outcome that could really do me...

Post by bigv038 »

What were the odds Mr Poker Pete?

The chips all went in pre-flop! Win it and I can sit back and make the prizes!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

the guy with the k 10 was either very short stacked or a proper donk.
Did the guy with sevens go all in then it got called/raised round to you? I'd have maybe a small raise with sevens first to act actually, and with all those all ins you'd know you was behind and hopefully fold .
Big slick is gonna call any preflop bet practically every time ,you was well unlucky vince but being as online poker is soooo rigged you should really know that you pocket aces are on deadly ground
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Marvingubba raised it up first and I re-raised. Think then the 7's went over the top all-in. Both AK's didn't hesistate in calling. I did almost lay them down as I knew I would get robbed with so many in! I would have preferred a 7 to come than lose to that hand as all the A's n 3 K's were on show! :D
quizard

Post by quizard »

You were 54.46% to win pre so only a little better than coin flip.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Was playing 4 cash tables at once and was BB on 3 of them at roughly the same time I see 99 - QQ and AA. Every single one of them folds round to me giving me the small blind only! Couldn't beleive it :x :(
JG

Post by JG »

AK ain't so great for calling big stacks multiway, AK value comes from giving your opponents the opportunity to fold. AA multiway is heart in mouth time. In your opponents cover you, only one move you can make and that's call. Frustrating to get 'shagged' in such a pretty fashion but as Poker Pete will confirm in a moment, on line poker is rigged, so that's probably why it happenned.

:lol:

The old one's are the best.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

as Quizard says, 54%

That's poker

if it was AK v AA you're 87% preflop, then you can consider it a bad beat.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

also, people playing a tourney and 4 cash tables at the same time and getting dealt 4 pocket pairs at once, including A,A on two tables don't get to complain about luck.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

^^^ :lol:
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

pokerpete wrote:also, people playing a tourney and 4 cash tables at the same time and getting dealt 4 pocket pairs at once, including A,A on two tables don't get to complain about luck.
:lol: I never got anything from them tho! :(
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

So what do you think the problem is?

To make money from multitabling you play an extremely tight low risk strategy.
I know some people play AA, KK, QQ, AK suited ONLY. try to get as much money in the pot pre flop, if not all in, and if you get outdrawn, have plenty of reloads.

If you are going to play anything approaching 'real poker' then playing 5 tables is not a good idea. You will be playing poorly and will never make any money.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

pokerpete wrote:So what do you think the problem is?

To make money from multitabling you play an extremely tight low risk strategy.
I know some people play AA, KK, QQ, AK suited ONLY. try to get as much money in the pot pre flop, if not all in, and if you get outdrawn, have plenty of reloads.

If you are going to play anything approaching 'real poker' then playing 5 tables is not a good idea. You will be playing poorly and will never make any money.
Why do you always pick at peoples games? I had 4 cash tables running because it was happy hour (double points) and I was trying to release my winter bonus! It's not like I play crap starting hands or lose overall so I don't see why your trying to pick at my game.
If your playing only AA, KK, QQ, AK suited only then when you raise everyone will fold anyway, you won't be getting those hands quick enough so you will lose! Some of the tables I play on are very tight as it is. You really think sitting there for one hour folding to see AA everyone will call your raise or all-in?
Never can I re-call you saying good play to anyone is was just unlucky, it's always you should be doing this or that instead.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

I don't play that way, but I'm saying serious online pros I know do. they play very high stakes, wait for big hands and win big pots with them.

The reason I rarely say "good play" on here is because sadly, poker is only ever discussed in terms of bad beats or rigged software.

also, hand histories are never provided. Anecdotes and limited recollection of the order hands were played in doesn't show if a play was good or bad.
JG

Post by JG »

Is this an agrresive multi shortish stack strategy here? I'd give that a bash with £50 on a £0.50/£1 NLHE with £2k in the sky rocket roll.
Top up to £50 when stack hits 80%, play hard and fast as advocated.
Trouble is I'd lose my connection after waiting for ages for AA, KK, AA and JJ at the same time.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

one particular pro I knew who advovated this strategy used to set his alarm for 5 am, shower, get some breakfast in him, get on Party Poker by 6am just as the majority of US players were tired and sauced up.

Not many European sharks on that early so he had his pickings.
He was playing 4x $3/$6 NLHE I think.
had a fairly serious roll.
Pretty much over played his big hands, knowing he'd usually get some action.
played for 2 hours with a 10 minute break half way.
Went back to bed.