BETFAIR - What a joke

The Poker forum
Fader

Post by Fader »

so you dont play on Betfair?
Chance favours the prepared mind!
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Trust me betfair don't make anybody lose on purpose. It is just bad luck im sure of it, imagine the reputation they would get if it was found out the cards are rigged!!
discostu

Post by discostu »

I do play on betfair. I think the reason people get 'rivered' so much is that the maniacs call/raise when they shouldnt leading to a flop/turn/river when the hand should have been put to bed earlier.

Discuss.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

LOL

All in on 2 q's earlier.

Gets called by a BLOODY 86 and you've guessed it. The flop comes 579.

Still first losing night in six.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Getting better

3rd in tourney 3042719

(1) Wilkind (£54.60)
(2) Leej008 (£36.40)
(3) harry2 (£21.84)
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Stu

Pros like playing pros because they all know each others games inside out. You see Phil Hellmuth on tv go mental all the time because he gets called by some amateur when they should fold.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

I play a lot of tournament and I always see the same people in the last 27. Its the people who just chill backand only call or go all in with premium hands. Ok you may get lucky sometimes calling with crap but if you just chill back and wait for the good hands you will be there in the long run. The classic play with a lot of fish is with their premium hands, They raise with hands like a-k,q.j etc but then when the board shows crap like 964 they still go all in. Yet they still have sfa and hope to get lucky, because they are not experienced enought to play thier cards which have missed to the river.
RRE

Post by RRE »

If you guys who think this happens really believe it, wouldn't you use it to your advantage?
discostu

Post by discostu »

harry2 wrote:Stu

Pros like playing pros because they all know each others games inside out. You see Phil Hellmuth on tv go mental all the time because he gets called by some amateur when they should fold.
Yes. It used to be the case that the amateurs would be scared of the 'pros' at say the WSOP. BUt now its actualy the pros that shit themselves cos they just dont know what the next maniac is going to do next lol.

Whats yer name on betfair, im PoorGhost.
discostu

Post by discostu »

Dibble wrote:I play a lot of tournament and I always see the same people in the last 27. Its the people who just chill backand only call or go all in with premium hands. Ok you may get lucky sometimes calling with crap but if you just chill back and wait for the good hands you will be there in the long run. The classic play with a lot of fish is with their premium hands, They raise with hands like a-k,q.j etc but then when the board shows crap like 964 they still go all in. Yet they still have sfa and hope to get lucky, because they are not experienced enought to play thier cards which have missed to the river.
This is so common its unreal. Click on lobby say 1 minute into a tourney and theres always someone, if not a few ppl on 4000/6000 chips. Then have a look and see where they are after 30 mins, more often than not, knowwhere. Its like theres a mad rush to get a great start. When in actual fact for the first hour it doesnt really matter as the blinds are so low. Obviously you dont want to get left TOO far behind though.

Regarding AJ AQ AK. They see the hand and immediately think its the nuts. To be honest some ppl go as far as Ace anything. 'ACE! IVE DEFO WON! ALL IN!' They cant bare to fold a hand like this even though its a crap hand if you havent made anything with it.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

This is so common, especially with the £2 games. Always watch out for someone who has won abog pot because they get overconfident and will bet any two cards on the next deal or someone who goes on tilt with a couple of hundred chips left. Easy (ish) pickings generally.

Stu

My name on Betfair is harry2 mate. Mainly play after 11.00 or all night Saturday.
Dibble

Post by Dibble »

I play on doyles room /vc poker.....the sites are interlinked. Dible is my user name. I play the $5-10 buck ssts. The standard is pants at best
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Just got to 13th out of 392 in a £2 MTT which I am happy with. Only two bad calls and no beats. :lol: 3 hours work for £5.62 profit. lol
Fader

Post by Fader »

know the feeling Harry
Chance favours the prepared mind!
JG

Post by JG »

Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Network Filter
Bloopman 7 -$6 $12 -45% [-$43] LWLLWLL FullTilt x
dibble 28 $0 $13 10% [$0] LPLLLLWP CryptoLogic x
harry 13 -$15 $40 -30% [-$200] LLLLLPLL CryptoLogic x
Nudgeman 311 $1 $14 -1% [$241] LLPLLLPL CryptoLogic x
PoorGhost 170 -$1 $2 -5% [-$90] LLPLLLLL CryptoLogic x

Ok, I couldn't find harry2 on the Betfair network, but I found a harry - maybe one and the same?

Here are everybody's stats on the stt/mtt activity that has taken place on the sites you've stated you play on.

I'm Bloopman on Full Tilt :( and Nudgeman on Will Hill :) - Nudgeman was doing really well, BUT played a couple of £50 thunder stts on tilt and lost me AK to his AQ and me JJ to AK. Last one was a coin flip (coin flips not good for me - out of approx 450 recorded flips - I've won 160) , first one was plain harsh. I've given up on line poker for reasons outlined on The UKFMP. I'll post my conspiracy theories up here soon ;) Stay lucky.