my best come back

The Poker forum
mr lugsy

my best come back

Post by mr lugsy »

last night i played in a 45 man(and woman) sit n go ,only a few dollars entry cause i tilted most of my balance while inebriated a couple of weeks ago.
any way, 3rd or 4th hand in someone goes all in and i loosely decided to call with open ended straight draw,no joy here,leaving me a 40 chip bonanza.
lucks not in tonight i thought.....how wrong i was , next hand all in for 40 with k2 h ,1 heart flops then runner runner for nut flush back up to 160chips
couple of hands later get my bullets and flat call for 30 get raised so all in,held up. back upto 500 ish and starting to think ive some hope of getting back in the game . from this point on the small details i forget but every small pocket pair i got (4s ,5s ,7s twice) hit trips buy the turn
i even managed to fold a straight flush (it was a gutshot with me holding a low heart so im not bothered too much)
anway just before the break i hit the lead ,kk in my hand raised 3 blinds and got reraised allin by the 3rd place player ,called of course, i was sure lady luck was smiling on me now and there was no way aces were out as well .other player has jj and the flop comes down 5k5 ,and its good night to him.
very next hand (last one before break) i get dealt the players jacks from the last hand and im buzzing. now have 15000ish chips ,raise 3 blinds again and get called by 2nd place,hit the flop again,2 j 9 , i bet 800 and get reraised all in , couldnt believe it so called after a short wait (to add a bit of tension) other player has 9,9 and is sick as a parrot ,when sitting pretty in 2nd he goes out last hand before break.
i was now in the low 20ks and feeling like a wsop bracelet would be mine one day, i started getting cocky raising everything and bluffing for fun and bullying,took a few more short stacks out and its final table time.
i had 31k ish now and lost a few hands so i tightenned it up not wishing to blow the game. in the end i won easily and it was probably the most fun i had playing poker for ages even though the stake were low ,40 odd dollars and a smug feeling inside from my greatest ever comeback.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

is that $40 buy in or $40 1st prize?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

3 bucks in 42 i think out . like i said did my balance on tilt pissed up,only had 3 odd left so i thought id blow the lot in one go :D
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

A chip and a chair is all you need. Nice one! :)
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

ok, given that it's a $3 buy in, I'm interested in the straight flush hand.

can you remember any details?
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Just won my 4th sng in a row :P
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

hmm, blinds 50and100 holding a 5h and a black j or q on my bb checked round to me so i checked too. 6 3 7 down all hearts checks to me again, i check too, not fancing my chances,someone bets 400 and is called by one other,everyone else folds ,me included .bastard 4h on turn and the player who bet 400 before put a bigger bet in (cant remember how much cause im still stunned)anyway other guy folded and the winner didnt show.

probably had ace of hearts and a 5 ,6 or 7 i think.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

ive done 1,2,2 in 45man turbo games before but then went about 12 without a cash out,these were 6 dollars, thats as much as i play multi table these days,i find the skill level above this too good for me towards the end on average . i do o.k at 10 to 16 dollar single table though. my major weakness is low pairs ,not sure how to play these well unless i hit the flop.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Well if you don't hit the flop fold :lol:
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i never thought of that ,lol ,now i'll be almost invincible 8)
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

I see, you didn't fold a straight flush, you folded jack high with a weak draw.

that makes more sense. There's almost never a good reason to fold a made straight flush.