Hi Lo Silver - Rechip / Battered / Fiddled / Lower %age / ?

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Martal~Wombat wrote:
Slammer wrote: Hey Martin, hope you'll be at this xmas bash :)

Just for the record, Martin is speaking of another Mark, I am not from the industry :-)

yeah defo be out for the xmas bash, and the Mark i refered to was our mate at M.E just for the record, i went to see him a couple of months back, hes still down there at burnmoor street, sound chap.

Great Stuff.

Yeh, Marks a top bloke - wonder what he makes of the current fruit climate.
Bollocks to all you idiots!

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

seen him about 3 weeks ago, after over 20 years of being at burnmoor st , he' finally moving to smaller premises opposite the pump n tap ,,,,, and employing only one full time staff ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a sign of the times no doubt,

and he said that if the industry doesn't get any better after another year he may consider giving up altogether .

on the flipside of the coin ,,,, he also told me a little about the success of arthur holland ,,,,

who aswell as his arcades , now owns over 40 rented out houses , a nightclub and is rolling in it,....... about 15 years ago his dad happened to own a patch of land in wigston , which mcdonalds paid him 2mill for the site ,,,,

interesting stuf.
Little discipline = BIG issue

Spyder

Post by Spyder »

slammer...

where im from, there isnt any regular "tooling" none of the machines are ever suspiciously low, i think you have just been unlucky enough to live/play in areas that this affects more than the rest of us.

there were a few sites that got broken into a couple of years ago and the entire machine's were getting pinched, but only 2 or 3 done and then whoever did this seemed to move on..

i carry a key, and always have, if anyone reports me i dump it, they aint difficult to get rid of, and i have a feeling a couple of years ago, everyone who was regular on this site carried a key for various reasons.

with the state of reds at the minute, they are useless, but no more useless than when £15's were in all the pubs, cause you could only key them once in a day anyway? remember that? easy to know if someone had been there before you anyway back in the day... there are a few machines around that they come in useful for.

if you're not bothered about iou'ing a machine then fair enough, ive never been ripped off from an iou, ive always been paid out too, but i wouldnt have risked the £30 in the hopper.. you didnt realise, but surely there was a point after not getting boards in £40 where you thought it'd be "cutting the losses" time?

never mind....

it hasnt put me off of hilo silver.... try it in a few days... if you stay on top of that one, you should get the money back over the next few weeks...

if not, just nick a transit van, break into the fire door of the pub and steal the whole thing.
GlowingLikeAchristmastree

Post by GlowingLikeAchristmastree »

Exactly as just stated, 13quid for the first win, then a further 37quid for a exchange so 50quid for an exchange, obviously your about to get raped!!!! and some 1 prob took about 140 out of it just before you played it, it's the best new red which has come out in my opinion, been playing them for a while and seem verrry good to me, 1 of the best new red's without a doubt. that's a fair loss considering someone has just raped it, you just need to play them more carfully, dont force if they not showing! lol
JG

Post by JG »

Red rag.
Bull.

Any Matt-eadors about?

Actually I'm going to do Slammer's response for him as he's probably in bed now, like I should be, except I seem to be on Fruitchat. FRUITCHAT.

"you just need to play them more carfully, dont force if they not showing! lol"

Slammer: Thanks, but I don't think I need advice from the likes of you. You'll be the sort of player who gets today's info about this time next year, if you're lucky. There's no need to play a Hi/Lo Silver 'carefully', it's a Hi/Lo Silver ffs, it's like telling someone to play a Card Shark that you expect will be repeating, 'carefully'. I'm regretting posting about this now, it was supposed to be a warning to intelligent players that there may have been a rechip (which there isn't yet), however it just seems I have presented an opportunity for morons to get self righteous about how to play Reds. If this is the only knowledge they have in life, then I suppose I shouldn't begrudge them their self important moment of glory.

Spyder: Bollocks! You don't half moan, you took on a machine that you must have known was risky, as it onbsiously wasn't full, was playing like a turd and you moan when you lose! Get a grip!

Slammer: Thanks, but I don't think I need advice from the likes of you. You'll be the sort of player who gets today's info about this time next year, if you're lucky.....

And so this thread continues...........
moterwayplayer

Post by moterwayplayer »

make at least 8 + a day thanks to my local most daunting never lets me down
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

moterwayplayer wrote:make at least 8 + a day thanks to my local most daunting never lets me down
Nice 8)
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

JG wrote:Red rag.
Bull.

Any Matt-eadors about?

Actually I'm going to do Slammer's response for him as he's probably in bed now, like I should be, except I seem to be on Fruitchat. FRUITCHAT.

"you just need to play them more carfully, dont force if they not showing! lol"

Slammer: Thanks, but I don't think I need advice from the likes of you. You'll be the sort of player who gets today's info about this time next year, if you're lucky. There's no need to play a Hi/Lo Silver 'carefully', it's a Hi/Lo Silver ffs, it's like telling someone to play a Card Shark that you expect will be repeating, 'carefully'. I'm regretting posting about this now, it was supposed to be a warning to intelligent players that there may have been a rechip (which there isn't yet), however it just seems I have presented an opportunity for morons to get self righteous about how to play Reds. If this is the only knowledge they have in life, then I suppose I shouldn't begrudge them their self important moment of glory.

Spyder: Bollocks! You don't half moan, you took on a machine that you must have known was risky, as it onbsiously wasn't full, was playing like a turd and you moan when you lose! Get a grip!

Slammer: Thanks, but I don't think I need advice from the likes of you. You'll be the sort of player who gets today's info about this time next year, if you're lucky.....

And so this thread continues...........

Thanks JG. I was indeed, a sleep.

Copy 'n paste above.

Thanks for all your advice lads, hopefully I wont lose as much in the future thanks to your help. I'm going to have to try and borrow £60 (hopefully £80) off my neighbour tonight so that I can go into town and try it again, otherwise I'll have to wait until payday unless I can find a clear piece of plastic, a roll of sellotape and a green flashy thing in an arcade... [no, no... it hasnt come to this yet...]. Ive got a fiver left in my wallet, so I'm just going to nip down to Timpsons and order an 87000... Shit, I wont have enough for the bus as well... Oh well, 4 mile walk it is then :(

... now, where the fck did I put that packet of Jammy Dodgers.

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Ouch man! Fantastic honesty though - I'm sure we've all been there... :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

trayhop123 wrote: on the flipside of the coin ,,,, he also told me a little about the success of arthur holland ,,,,

who aswell as his arcades , now owns over 40 rented out houses , a nightclub and is rolling in it,....... about 15 years ago his dad happened to own a patch of land in wigston , which mcdonalds paid him 2mill for the site ,,,,

interesting stuf.

Yeh I knew about that. Yet he still cannot afford to refurb his sites or replace any sodding bulbs.

How a complete *!%^ can get so lucky is quite disturbing.

Do you have any land MattB?

Whats even worse, is that McDonalds is possibly the worst one in the Midlands. Potentially from all the oil/sewage that soaks up from the soil into the water pipes.

Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Matt Vinyl wrote:Ouch man! Fantastic honesty though - I'm sure we've all been there... :(

What, forgetting where youve put your biscuits and letting your cup of tea go cold while you hunt them down?

:?

Mattb

Post by Mattb »

No land, though i do have an original Salvador Dali held in trust for myself & my brother. Heck knows what its worth, though as its an original i should imagine a few quid! :D
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

What, forgetting where youve put your biscuits and letting your cup of tea go cold while you hunt them down?
LOL! Nah, I'm not a fan of tea - doesn't mean I'm 'Tea-ist' though. ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Mattb wrote:No land, though i do have an original Salvador Dali held in trust for myself & my brother. Heck knows what its worth, though as its an original i should imagine a few quid! :D

Cant see McDonalds buying that m8... unlucky. :?

JG

Post by JG »

I think the one thing that we all can all agree on, is that Arthur Holland is a complete pr**k. Even those people who haven't met him must agree on that. I can say, I have had the pleasure of meeting the guy face to face, as have a few others on here.

It's no secret now, but I did go to a place that isn't Houventry yesterday. I also got totally lost in the new shopping centre, floated aorund near that new Showcase. Nice.....thought I was in Solihull all these designer shops, Lacoste, Hugo Boss, a generic version of gourmet burger kitchen, not a sniff of an ASDA for essential jeanswear purposes.

I've got two shock horrors for you.

Shock horror #1) I won more in Holland Park than I did in Thomas's!
Shock horror #2) A machine short payed me in HP and I was given a payout INSTANTLY!!! What the hell? Since when have done that? They usually put your name in a little red book and if you don't come back at 10:37 precisely the next last weekyear in the previous future leap moon phase of the dog 20~1 then you ain't seeing your IOU. I had to double check I wasn't in a Showboat or summat....

That said I did put a quid in a Duff Beer Guide that had moved sites. FFS still on 5p play. Snooozzzzzzzzzzzzeeeee, change it to 10p at least. I put in a quid for old time's sake (although I could just play it down The Buzz) and thought feck this after twenty losing spins, better things to be playing ;)

Then I've got some calm steadiers for you

#1) I got skanked rotten in Lisas, I even got skanked by their wierd unchipped P5 when they had that in there! Nostalgia comes at a steep price courtesy of Lisa.

#2) The Litten tree and Yates's had gone.

#3) They still had that manually opearted driving thing in Thomas's. OR/AND - They still had a load of naff £5 jackpot Barcrests. You put a 5p in this thing and have to use your skill, yes SKILL to get the 5p down the track without losing it off the side. It's a harder skill than wild thing! Give it a go! Oh yeah, the prize for winning = £0.05

#4) Star Wars was everywhere.

Some of you may say why fanny around the arcades with all that shit? Well yes fair point, but I love a bit of nostalgia.