Hi Lo Silver - Rechip / Battered / Fiddled / Lower %age / ?

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

JG wrote: #1) I got skanked rotten in Lisas, I even got skanked by their wierd unchipped P5 when they had that in there! Nostalgia comes at a steep price courtesy of Lisa.

#2) The Litten tree and Yates's had gone.

#1 - Lisa has the uncanny knack of doing that to people. Ive only ever played in there once, a £500 barcrest, so thankfully I'm not one of the 1000's of victims.

#2 - do you mean the pubs or a unit they had?
Bollocks to all you idiots!

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I should think the pubs themselves, gone bust as far as i know. Gradually getting rid of them all now, Yates Ipswich was gone this week, as well as a Litten Tree in kent that was there a month ago. Loads of other Yates' i know have disappeared too, so unless they are majorly cost cutting, they've hit the wall. Should think the one in Bedford will disappear off the map fairly soon - shame that eh :wink: :D
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh - that one in Kent: The barstaff would play the machines instead of serving the customers, no wonder it got the bullet.

Had a £105 off of a JJ Gold in there once off of a tenner. I didn't then buy an additional beer as I was afraid of what might have been 'an additional ingredient' to it...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Mattb wrote:I should think the pubs themselves, gone bust as far as i know. Gradually getting rid of them all now, Yates Ipswich was gone this week, as well as a Litten Tree in kent that was there a month ago. Loads of other Yates' i know have disappeared too, so unless they are majorly cost cutting, they've hit the wall. Should think the one in Bedford will disappear off the map fairly soon - shame that eh :wink: :D

Yeh, that is FANTASTIC news.

Little Tree is without a doubt, the shittest chain of pubs in the UK. Yates are a close 2nd. They used to be great when they were "Yates Wine Lodge", then they moved into Chav/Alco Pop market, places got trashed and they erased the word "refurbishment" from the staff handbook.

Thoroughly deserve to go down the pan, good riddance. Let somebody else with business sense (hopefully not spoons) have a chance at running the place properly and efficiently.

PS: Yates in Northampton closed recently too.

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
JG

Post by JG »

Yep, pubs, although that Litten Tree used to have a p1 wiyb and then Jailbirds. Always empty on a week night unless there was a decent match on the box, then you'd get a few in.
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

Re: Yates. Laurel recently did a big restructuring of the business and spun of the pub/bar business from the restaurant side.
The company that runs the bar side of things is called something like The Town and Country Pub Co.
They are shutting down alot of the less profitable bars, not just Yates but the brands that they own as well.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

Spyder wrote:slammer...

where im from, there isnt any regular "tooling" none of the machines are ever suspiciously low, i think you have just been unlucky enough to live/play in areas that this affects more than the rest of us.

Out of interest, where do you live?

AFAIK, the tooling epidemic is countrywide from Devon through to Scotland??

Bedford was tooled /again/ yesterday.

gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Had toolers my way over the last few weeks.

A lucky devil exactly £250 off only 2 days after a full refill day.

Most recently friday night a cluedo set on autopay, was full at 1 point till I got lines so left it £35 off. saturday 8pm over £200 off.

Fucking tossers, at least they left lines in it for me for a tenner profit.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
bowie

Post by bowie »

Best thing about my town is i can count on one hand the amount of pubs with machines that have notechangers, never afaik had problems with toolers here, i work in a town centre pub and pretty much keep on top of the balances around here, never anything near empty, only ever seen one machine being tooled, it was an LL Gold Rush on 70% in a bowling alley, can't say i shed many tears over it.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

bowie wrote:Best thing about my town is i can count on one hand the amount of pubs with machines that have notechangers, never afaik had problems with toolers here, i work in a town centre pub and pretty much keep on top of the balances around here, never anything near empty, only ever seen one machine being tooled, it was an LL Gold Rush on 70% in a bowling alley, can't say i shed many tears over it.

Not all tools require a note changer, its just that why bother with a 125 when u can do a 250.

But because of strong competition and xmas looming, you will see 125s getting done more frequently over the coming months I reckon.

betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Any hole is in fact a goal
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

betchrider wrote:Any hole is in fact a goal

Where there is a wire, there is a way!

harry13.50

Post by harry13.50 »

bowie wrote:Best thing about my town is i can count on one hand the amount of pubs with machines that have notechangers, never afaik had problems with toolers here, i work in a town centre pub and pretty much keep on top of the balances around here, never anything near empty, only ever seen one machine being tooled, it was an LL Gold Rush on 70% in a bowling alley, can't say i shed many tears over it.
Your town certainly does get hit Bowie.Seen it myself in Johnstones and you would not believe how old this couple were, mind you they were more strimmers than toolers.

Post by 999329753 »

Re Yates. Word is the Ipswich one has been acquired by spoons and they will be a lloyds number 1 bar sometime early 2009.
bowie

Post by bowie »

harry13.50 wrote:
Your town certainly does get hit Bowie.Seen it myself in Johnstones and you would not believe how old this couple were, mind you they were more strimmers than toolers.
Must be a quiet period for them then, for the last few months at least nothing has been close to empty, definately no locals doing them.