DNA vs. Life's a Beach

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Nixxy

DNA vs. Life's a Beach

Post by Nixxy »

Two wildly contrasting experiences today, luckily both with good outcomes:

Life's a Beach - Backing and showing good signs. Red features-a-plenty but the arrow seems never to land on them. £72 in, finally goes to the top for flat £25. Next goes to top after my £106th pound goes in and ... £25. After £128 in and a lot of worried looks from me, it goes to the top for a £75 run - so I'm £3 behind and the tension eases. Still got 1.40 in credit to run through... bonus gives Choose a Trail. 11 nudges. Lower than a 10 and with only a £3 nudge win available, I go higher than a 4 which, to the horror of two blokes at the bar, wins. £50 from the top.

So a nice profit, but a really painful experience getting there. Gave me that nervous Stack Attack feeling, if you know what I mean.

DNA - £3 in and the signs are good: slower spinning reels, always 4 shots, gambles on 9 and 4 winning, plenty of red exchanges, and number runner makes an appearance. A few safe-cash wins followed. After £18, DNA rolls in on the reels and hi-los for £20. Seen this so often before, where a generous hi-lo DNA is followed by a top feature. It came in the form of a £25 shot, which then became £75 on the top. Dumped £112 for £27 in and a whole weekend to come for the boys'n'girls to fill it back up for me.

So, the DNA vs. Life's a Beach debate:

I find Life's a Beach almost impossible to read. The increase in the number of red features lit didn't matter a jot - it still backed over a ton of my money without ever really showing progression. No obvious block, other than the obvious one between £15 and Top feature. Safe-looking gambles constantly losing and only the feeling of 'it MUST roll soon...' to go on.

DNA on the other hand as we all know does show progression, of sorts. The 4 shots; the red exchanges; the winning gambles on 4 and 9; the number runners and so on.

So given that LaB is the near-clone of DNA, I'd say they've created a monster. How's everyone else finding this - I'd imagine this thing must be stinging people left right and centre.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ob

Post by ob »

yep DNA a far better machine...

reds still mean its there for the top/streak, but it is alot harder to actually get the top, as with most new red gamings they just try and fuck you all the time with poor middle numbers, which even if they have a bonus will merit a useless feature shot...

only played a few times, made £40, lost £25 and lost £20, the latter 2 times it was certainly ready for it, but just took the piss getting it...
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Certainly agree with you about the being screwed on numbers.

Even a buzzed DNA will still lose on 4/9...as with any other red. You just watch the 3/10 come in 9 out of 10 goes. Does my head in! Especially with the stupid 'mooo!' noise it makes when you lose a gamble! :wink:

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

What is that with the cow when you peg out on a DNA? No relation to any other thing on the machine lol...

Do like some of Red's sound effects though...

Mini Quiz, what are these few quotes from...

'Can I get more, tell me?'
'I'll be able to stay!'
'Hey-ya-um-ya' - not necassarily how it is said!!!

I prefer DNA to Life's a Beach. Probably just because I have far more experience with the former. I think it is time for us to start approaching newer Reds with a bit more caution than 'older' ones. They are definitely tightening things up...

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

agree totally, had a "Lifes a bitch" block the top about 5 times. absolute joke. also no safe cash just doesnt appeal to me. DNA ftw.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Matt Vinyl wrote:'Hey-ya-um-ya'
I know this .... it was that old machine with a volcano-shaped bit at the top with the cash, features and nudge pots leading up to the top of the volcano where the 'Super Jackpot' was.

What the hell was this thing called :x

I'm pretty sure it was an old Maygay. The trail positions all had potential bonuses from 1 to 8, the lit bonuses moved with every reel spin. Occasionally, the cancel button would light and every position on the trail would carry a bonus. The extra life was called 'Antidote' and the whole thing had a jungle theme. Landing on a mystery would often give you 'Voodoo Spell' (Game Over), which was immediately followed by a loud 'Ooooooooohhhhh!' sound effect.

Now Matt Vinyl is probably gonna tell me he was thinking of something completely different and that I'm barking up the wrong tree!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy

Post by Guest »

Haha i know exactly what your on about! How tight was that machine?!

"Ill be able to stay"?

Wasnt that a red gamer? I recall that but its bugging me now, cant remember exactly where it was from... It was when you had an extra life and you lost it i know that much!

Sting king!!!!!!!!! was that it?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh - little hint - they're all Red's... ;)

Nixxy - think you're talking about 'Volcano' by BWB? First game I ever had a True Skill repeat JP on lol!

'I'll be able to stay' - it is on an older Red when you lose a life, and also when you get the top feature... ;)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Matt Vinyl wrote:Nixxy - think you're talking about 'Volcano' by BWB? First game I ever had a True Skill repeat JP on lol!
No I wasn't thinking of that one Matt, but you've reminded me of another machine I really liked! 'Watch Out'!! was the cue to press that button to slow the repeater down :) Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the machine that played the tune from Run DMC's 'Its like that .. but thats the way it is ..huhhhhhh!!' in the background during an IM?

None of my local pubs have the sound switched on their m/c's any more so I dunno what any of them sound like.
n1cky70

Post by n1cky70 »

i got 2 good results today!!!

d n a !!!!

dropping 1st quid refill in 2 days 5 in 10quid rpt took 4 of these dropped it out two quid in basically all red took 15 quid twice and 4 more 10quid rpt and 3 10 quids then a top from a boost off 5 frt steps and it only did 30 cant complain!

l a b!!!!

2quid in red ftf

125!

2nd l a b!!!!!

72 in top for 50 then 6 quid later red ftf 75 quid!

This has to be said these r two of the better reds appart from snail blazer thats no 1 of course! make so much from reds as long as they streak! lab is just dna in desguise!
ob

Post by ob »

£125? hmm doubt it...

very different machine actually, a lot tigher imo.. snailblazer no1 of course.... OMG NO!!! one of the hardest reds to pot out of them all, due to the fact you cant gamble the bonus so you are screwed as soon as that poor number comes in!
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

not taking either side here but 125 is possible if the machine does not get streaked.

and snail blazer may not let you gamble the bonus but they may be an advatage to a good player and it will results in less quick steals by those who get a loucky change number for that tenner rather than gambling on a £7 win on a 6/7 and loosing.

top giza does not let you gamble the bonus and id say its one of my fav reds.

any machine will screw you if it wants too, bonus gamble or not :D
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

ssgtsnelly wrote:..not taking either side here but 125 is possible if the machine does not get streaked..
I think we'd all be absolutely staggered if we saw the same one feature keep repeating to that extent, but then look at Legal Tender - many of us have seen the £110 in-one-go top feature. So we know they've got the potential to do it, it's just hard to imagine until it happens to you.

Bad news for the next person who plays it though! Especially if no notechanger :P

As said when I started this thread off, I had a massive long spell of playing and winning nothing before seeing a 75 top and a 50 top two quid later. So it can do it. It just makes for poor, patternless gameplay for longer periods.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I think you've experienced the max DNA streak there nixxy (apologies if i'm telling you what you already know, as that's more than likely the case :wink: ). I've had it a few times, and is often obtained through a couple of big DNA features (£10-£20) followed by a £75 to kill it stone dead.

Speaking of DNA, im getting in early tomorrow morning to clear mine out. Nobles is open at 9, so i'll be up at 8 sharp ready to go and get it before anyone else. Hopefully a big profit will be made tomorrow, especially as its been a racing meet the last few days in York! :D

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

had my first bash on LAB today while i was out doing a bit of retail therapy in nottingham.

saw a guy put about 15 quid through with half reds so i thought might be worth a few quid.

robbed me of about 20 before it started to play.

anyways got a top for £25 then another about 4 quid later for £25.

then i took 2 fast cashes that i hit a tenner on both times.

then a final tenner nudge win.

a very strange machine i found..a wierd streak set in that it wouldnt give big tops but was happy to throw in alot of red feature wins.

a happy result in the end for about 35 in..

havent played enough for me to judge this machine but i was just surprised that this machine was left in a state to dump a few wins like that

i thought that in places like notts there would be enough players to make sure that it wouldnt really feature that well at any time

all this after taking about £82 from a KKC in the none smoking spoons
easiest 3 tops ive ever had in my life.

was arrow up arrow up every time...

very impressed..paid for my shopping anyways.

hoping that we will get a LAB in my area soon as i enjoyed the play and theres more to do than on DNA (although i did love that machine while it was here...a good earner)