REDS ..............

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
D4nBO

REDS ..............

Post by D4nBO »

don't get me wrong nothing I like more than playing a decent red machine especially when you catch them right.

However, is it me are RED just churning out machine after machine after machine at the minute. Barcrest don't hardly seem to be making any new ones. Extreme just keep reinventing the dreadfull Doctors & Nurses. Bell fruit enough said......Global very few new ones as well. Whats everyone elses thoughts ?

I am not complaining I do enjoy reds make the most profit on them. At the minute a live in a realtively small town and we have the following and at least reds try to change the gameplay slightly per machine not very often you see a direct port to a new bandit with a few exception.

LIfes A beach x 2
Cobra Cabbanna x 1
Legal Tender x 2
Jackpot Gems x 5
Sub Zero x 3
Rocket Money x 2
DNA x 1
Jackpot Genie x 1
Stack attack x 3

sat and sunday morning are class usually pays for the rest of the weekend.
"Its all about the top"
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

ive noticed nowadays that most of the machines are reds especially in the south where i live. pubs seem to be converting most of their machines into reds which is good because like u sed they r very profitable but on the other hand can cause bankruptcy!!!!

im not sure why this is happening,however i would be most interested if any1 else did knw!

tom
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

well you have both kind of hit the nail on the heads boys..

reds are by the far the best machines to play for profit if you KNOW what your doing. if you dont then your fucked.

swings and roundabouts, RED are obviously seeinng it as if 2 people know the machine and can rip £75 once a week then there are 20 who cant and will maybe put $75 in, you will notice when things dont start to go there way anymore and more people learn these machines..they will tighten gameplay, no huge tops, and definatly less often.

i love red machines and rarely do i play much else, maybe a few bars(SR and BFU)

the trick is to speculate u to accumilate, you wont start killing these machines without 1st putting a few quid through them to gain the general ideas of whats going on.
once youve done that then you in a good position..

especially if your one of the few in you area that CAN play them :D
good luck
ob

Post by ob »

"the trick is to speculate u to accumilate, you wont start killing these machines without 1st putting a few quid through them to gain the general ideas of whats going on"

sorry to keep going on but this is simply WRONG, I would agree if and ONLY if its showing all reds bar 1/2 when nothing is there, if its giving a few boards etc. and gambling to £10's/offering numberrunner / offering skillshot for boxes etc. the board may have a few quick wins.

Are you telling me ssgtsnelly that in the latter case you dont actually play it out for the top, if you do, then you are relying TOTALLY on luck as to when its last come out and how much has been put through since that - unless you are constantly at the pub you cant know this, unless its a non-refill pub and its full - if you DONT... then they are VERY VERY rarely reds to start with so you'd never get to play any of them out.

Sorry not to share everyones blind optimism about red gamings but I personally see them as a gamble and having played them so much I feel I know them very well, I often expect that the streak could well be £50+ off even given they are full and havent to my knowledge come out very soon before.

Another sour point I have for them is the new ones are REALLY difficult to get the top on, when they are ready ( ie. all reds ), sends shitty numbers the whole time and gives safe cash's on the bonus instead of the change numbers/steps you need - older ones like legal tender etc. were piss easy to get the top on when reds, newer ones hmm... knights of the pound table yesterday cost £100 from offering all reds to give a top, granted it was £25 followed next board by £75, but thats still sick in my opinion. I have seen similar on stack attack, snailblazer, subzero and blingbling to name a few of the newer ones.
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

knights of the pound table yesterday cost £100 from offering all reds to give a top
Never seen this Red before, but £100 for a top after showing all reds? They don't usually cost that much from showing NO reds, are you sure you didn't catch the end of someone else's streak, as they can chuck in a few nice looking, predominantly red boards before going stone dead.

I am very selective about playing for the top on Reds, I'll only force it out if they are playing seriously well, as it can cost so much to do so that your profits are minimal. People have become a bit blinded by the lure of the top feature, what's wrong with banking £40-£50 from red features alone?

Once you've played Red's heavily for quite a while you do get a kind of feel for the best way to play them, just very subtle things to look out for that will determine whether pushing for the top is the best course of action. I've never paid more than £40 in a straight force for a top feature on any Red to date (touch wood!) :D

On the flip side though, I have had £100+ shockers on just about all other manu's (except perhaps Barcrest). Globals are pretty bad offenders, try forcing a Juggling Jackpots if it's not ready.....
ob

Post by ob »

nah had already cost £35 to offer reds and was full so certainly not end of another streak - I have had so many reds now cost £50+ FROM all reds, so your £40 max for a force is I'd have to say incredibly lucky, since I'm sure you'd agree when they're reds you would certainly play them out.

Besides which I would say that offering predominantely red board is a garenteed sign its there for a top, you say .. "as they can chuck in a few nice looking, predominantly red boards before going stone dead" I would disagree completely, you must be thinking of boards where you start on a highish cash amount or something is there in the nudges, they CANNOT do predomiantely red boards ( ie. bar 1/2 red features ) when nothing is there in nudges/started on 50p in the cashpot UNLESS they are ready for top.

You can't bank £40-50 from red features unless they are streak happy, as banking £15+ from red features when the streak is not there, would put back the £5-7 block in nearly all cases and then it wont offer good red features, the most board value you can get is around £25. Clearly many times you have banked red features when infact they were ready for the streak.

"Once you've played Red's heavily for quite a while you do get a kind of feel for the best way to play them, just very subtle things to look out for that will determine whether pushing for the top is the best course of action" - Nope disagree, only sign is doing all reds

Globals are pretty bad offenders, try forcing a Juggling Jackpots if it's not ready..... YES FINALLY SOMETHING I AGREE WITH :D
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Or even just play DNA - by far and away the best red out there at the moment!

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
ob

Post by ob »

agreed, can be a bastard, but usually fine!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Yep, the reason i say that is because it is so munter unfriendly, it fills up so quickly. There's no chance of a munter ripping a load out of it unless they've played it before.

I've seen people struggling like hell with it - the nudges, fruit steps, DNA feature, shots, exchanges, red exchanges and bonuses - Its too much for their pea brains to handle! :D

This leaves me an almost 10/10 easy money maker....go up, clear it out, and let some other poor soul lose all and sundry on it. Bliss! 8)

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

Besides which I would say that offering predominantely red board is a garenteed sign its there for a top
....but yours cost £100!
I would disagree completely, you must be thinking of boards where you start on a highish cash amount or something is there in the nudges, they CANNOT do predomiantely red boards ( ie. bar 1/2 red features ) when nothing is there in nudges/started on 50p in the cashpot UNLESS they are ready for top
I know what you mean, predominantly red boards offered in conjunction with a decent nudge win (either cash or red/green boxes) is absolutely no indication of an impending top feature, but I do maintain that I have had this arise a couple of times, always after taking the top, only to die and leave me wishing I'd taken a final red feature instead of pushing on. Very rare though.
You can't bank £40-50 from red features unless they are streak happy
Agree completely, but you don't know it was streak happy until you've banked that much! The alternative is pushing for the streak on the basis of number of reds, and discovering it isn't streak happy, thus reducing your potential profit. Just an excercise in risk management really. Besides, how often do you honestly get over £50 from top feature anyway?
just very subtle things to look out for that will determine whether pushing for the top is the best course of action" - Nope disagree, only sign is doing all reds
Speculation really, I find frequency of 'mostly red' boards (i.e with few/no green ones in between), frequency (and type) of bonuses offered, type of red feature offered (star choice for example) and other general signs of good mood should also be considered when judging whether to push out the pot or build a bank, I guess it's just down to individual playing style. As you've said yourself though at the start of the thread, predominantly red boards can stil cost a lot to get the pot, although if I was £35 in I probably would have pushed on as well. :wink:

I do enjoy these Red debates, always nice to hear an alternative view! 8)
ob

Post by ob »

lol yeh amusing debates agreed..

"but I do maintain that I have had this arise a couple of times, always after taking the top, only to die and leave me wishing I'd taken a final red feature instead of pushing on. Very rare though"

I have had this myself a couple of times, however this was when the board spun back in the next credit, which I'm going to hazard is sort of a free board, in which you can get the top on - in effect it hasnt yet recognised what it has paid the previous credit... the time I got £50 on stack attack and it spun the board back in and gave £75 I think backs this line of thinking up - cant see it wanting to give a £125 streak, especially as I got the first top pretty soon after it was showing reds.

The way reds play in my opinion is when they are showing reds there is no blocks but yet you must be lucky to get the top in some sense as it can randomly blow hi-lo's all the time, perhaps 4/j is 80% win to 20% lose, if you keep getting the unlucky side of the gamble it will cost silly amounts even though the machine is ready to give the top... ie. that thing that cost me £100 from reds was constantly killing the first hi-lo gamble for absolutely no reason... I kept hitting that 20% chance over and over... I know you guys arent a great fan of believing in randomness on machines, but it can be achieved in a controlled way perfectly to align with %age, so I dont see why not... Why do you think sometimes reds cost loads from offering reds and sometimes you get it off the bat, on the latter occasions you have been lucky... Also I think the amount the top feature gives is also random to some extent ( if its showing reds this is, if not its probably £25 ), even if the streak wanted to be £75 it can still give £25 on the top--- why one hazards is this the case??

as a further example of this, say a cobra thats redding wins £15-25, so clearly not blocking, then goes lower than j to a q... random loss, but more likely to win...
YoungKai

Post by YoungKai »

that stack attack was a sweet touch, and i have to agree with you that a machine is a just a jumped up computer running off a set of statistics and sometimes you just happen to fall into that 10/20% that will loose, oh well your unlucky, it happens to everyone
(ps richard i think i should tell jamie that sometime, maby he'd stop moaning) :)
Fuck you Noel.
ob

Post by ob »

lol can I play ur machine? its all reds :lol:
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

just had a bit of a mare with a JJ in the bookies actaully boys..

1st board offered the £25 from the cash pot AND the big money.

took big money for only £25..it seems rather easy to get this compared to say on extremes..anyways...

then it went DEAD for about £20.next 10/15 boards the signs were there like £10+ and SS more times than i could remember.but NO JJ streaks.

offered MS twice i think..

1st time ive played this.
i thought the bookies were taking the piss when i wasnt even winning gambles on 50p wins..but now i know with that reply..

eventually got 2 JJ one for £30 then next one was red for bout £80.

is there an IM mode on this?
sorry to polute this thread but as it was mentioned.
ob

Post by ob »

jjp's is a very very dodgy machine to play, best thing to do, play a board hope to get something good and leave it...

red jjp's likes to go 75 but have had 25 a few times... had some bad results on it so tend to stay off them unless amazingly pumped