The official SMTM & Snakez hate thread

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Mattb

The official SMTM & Snakez hate thread

Post by Mattb »

Right,

I've officially had enough of these taking the piss now. I'm a bit more annoyed as i've a horrendous day and lost £140 ( nearly all through £130 down on a £35 campers that was 4/£3 to start....simply terrible, £200 into a £35 OAR that was up to a tenner first board. £160 back through £35/£70/£35/£35/£25 SnS). Anyway enough of that.

Also chased 2 SMTMs today. Now one was probably the most ready i've ever found, ever. In a busy little pub on the A428 near Bedford. Full, ARB2 with 1 nudge first quid, second board £15 win which goes to £25. £19 in for tops, flat. £10 nudge win after, gambles to £15 then stitches on an 8. Rechase costs £130 for a slightly staggered £35/£35/£70. Start milking when it throws in reds on a 2 which slow bonuses for a guaranteed 4th top of £35. Didn't try another board, but ended up losing £25 on it. Disgusting. The other was much less ready, in a spoons and cost £110 for £105 back from a £35/£70. I just hate them so much now, why they constantly have to take so much and throw in so many shit numbers baffles me.

As for snakez, the stupid losses and safes up the top just piss me right off too. Not played one today, but i've been £300 into one, £150+ into a few others etc.

Who else feels the same? :x
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

SMTM's yes, I've banned myself from playing them but S & L I've had quite a few good results. Had quite a few cheap £70 tops and several cheapish split £105's but I've also seen the bad side. A mate ploughed over £200+ into 1 before it finally went for the £105 and that was a £35 then took £15 for the next £70. But for me these have been very good upto now.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I think S&L has divided everyones opinion.

Myself, I think its the worst red for a long time.

1. The 'spin' takes too long.

2. Maybe I'm unlucky but the block at a fiver is huge, more so than any other Red.

3. The first bonus always seems to be Safe.

4. More a personal grumble this - 7 consecutive Mega Spins and no number. Thats not megaspin, miss, megaspin, miss, miss, megaspin, megaspin, miss, megaspin, miss, miss, megaspin, miss, miss, miss, megaspin. Ohhhhhhhh no, thats megaspin, megaspin, megaspin, megaspin, megaspin, megaspin, megaspin, AND NO F*CKING NUMBERS :x :x :x

I have never seen that before on any other Red, horrible, horrible bastardised piece of $hit fruit machine.

Yet they've now produced Treasure Hunt. Nice. Lets see, what rhymes with hunt.............
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I was in Northampton earlier. I don't know if its me, but why is it whenever you go into a spoons nowadays you just end up disappointed.

The percentage distribution of their machines is usually now something like:

10% Red Gaming - nearly always SMTM/SnL these days. I'm lucky and have Vortex, but most other places aren't.
40% DOND - CYBTB (monopoly now included)/Power 5/HOF seem to be most popular.
30% Games Media/Cool Games - Gold Rush/BTQ/Bucks.
20% Road To Riches/Caribbean Cash - Seem to be all over the bloody place. Inescapable.
ob

Post by ob »

[quote="&quot"]I think S&L has divided everyones opinion.

quote]

IT HAS?!?!?!??!?

NO!!! EVERYONE THINKS ITS SHITE!!! NO ONE LIKES IT!!!! SMTM is also complete rubbish, thankyou mattb you are talking some sense here mate - spoons selection is usually awful - infact I'd completley agree with your percentage figures, this is what I've been saying for ages if you havent noticed!
PMK

Post by PMK »

Mattb wrote:I was in Northampton earlier. I don't know if its me, but why is it whenever you go into a spoons nowadays you just end up disappointed.

The percentage distribution of their machines is usually now something like:

10% Red Gaming - nearly always SMTM/SnL these days. I'm lucky and have Vortex, but most other places aren't.
40% DOND - CYBTB (monopoly now included)/Power 5/HOF seem to be most popular.
30% Games Media/Cool Games - Gold Rush/BTQ/Bucks.
20% Road To Riches/Caribbean Cash - Seem to be all over the bloody place. Inescapable.
Tis very true but thats because they like to get reasonably new machines. It wasn't that long ago that the good zooma clones were everywhere. That and of course the fact that spoons don't cater for the player!!

In my local spoons I had a rovers, cluedo, moley and a vortex all in the same pub!! Moley has gone for a bucks bunny. Rovers has gone for a show me your stupid f**king mother.

If you put the effort in there is still loads of good stuff around, think of all the good fruits the independents will be distributing all over the place soon.
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

You have to know when to push a snakez. MUST show more than 3 reds within a tenner. Know your float days, play 50p Mega Spins. And a £15 win does not mean its happy, which a lot of addict forcers can get stung,

Show Me The Mummys are shit though. Hard to judge. better money elsewhere.
ob

Post by ob »

jeffvickers wrote:You have to know when to push a snakez. MUST show more than 3 reds within a tenner. Know your float days, play 50p Mega Spins. And a £15 win does not mean its happy, which a lot of addict forcers can get stung,

Show Me The Mummys are shit though. Hard to judge. better money elsewhere.
Snakez never seem to be anywhere near reds, It reminds me of cobra cabana, which was another red that was hardly ever ready. It's a poor machine, no doubt about it.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I have to agree with everyone here. I've only played Snakez once (I've only ever seen one) and it was in a good location, a non-refill pub/restaurant and it was being played by someone so I sat and sharked for a while. It was full and being played poorly. Notes were going in and silly £3 wins were being collected, recycled and lost. Great, I thought - every pound through like that was boosting my odds. It was 8pm on a Saturday night too.

I lost nearly £100 wondering if it had completely forgotten how to roll. It wasn't even messing about with £15 nudge wins - it was giving £25 red 7s, but still wouldn't go up for more than £35.

I must've played it for almost an hour-and-a-half just getting more and more perplexed by the strange behaviour of this crap machine. I'm very glad I have a choice of machines around me at the moment, which doesn't include any S'n'Ls.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

That's the thing though jeff - quite often it can be there and not red! You've got to love £15/£25 nudge wins with 1/2 red feature.....errm how many other reds would do this? None?!

It can go literally ARB1 to really let you know its going, but i've had £35/£70 from one without it redding....equally i've lost on one that glowed pretty quickly. Far too unpredictable. Bastard machine.
ob

Post by ob »

goldrush vs snakes and ladders, the winner by a country mile... GOLDRUSH.... says it all :P
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh, ob - I would never expect to hear that from you... ;) You are of course, right though! ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

ob wrote:goldrush vs snakes and ladders, the winner by a country mile... GOLDRUSH.... says it all :P
No comment, Ob :wink:
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Right i now agree with you now ob.

Played this couple of days ago which im 99% sure is a half refil pub, rarely something is less that a ton off.

Vortex was £140 off and red first board, and wiyb £150 off with a bit of value still.

So over to Snakez and ladderz £1 in full! no other choice but to force really, offered SnS after about £15 in, so after £110 i finall get my top which goes for £70, try for next board which took £13 yes fucking 13 pound! was dead left it about £50 down, very annoying fruit not playing one of these again unless red first board.
PMK

Post by PMK »

With regards to Show me your mother.........

Played this last night, it was arb1 1st board offered a tenner which gambled to £15. Oh yes and it was full.

£60 yes £60 later it STILL hadn't gambled past £15.

£70 in for a top. Flat. Few boards later top. Flat. Then £18 for a board which was dead. Ended up having to hit a fast stop 'n' step with about £35 in the bank and left it ten down.

Its not the fact that I lost a tenner, Its the fact that I found it ready and £60 through didn't change its state. I left it £10 down and dead, yet it was ready at the start. This wouldn't happen on other reds like GADD, Vortex, OAR, CCP.

I've been stitched up on many a red, but it just seems that EVERY time you do battle with this piece of crap you end up wanting to smash it up!!!