stack attack

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
ob

stack attack

Post by ob »

Had an odd streak on this yesterday, £30 for a top which gave £50, then next credit spun in the board, managed to get the top again which amazingly gave £75 ( never had £125 before unless its cost inbetween tops a fair whack ), then next credit spun in the board again, all reds bar 2 but then killed the second hi-lo. It then died, and all redness dissapeared...

I can only hazard the next credit is like a free board..

about time I had a nice streak on them anyhow :lol:
D4nBO

Post by D4nBO »

I have had a similar experience of this one more than once as there are four or five round me. Very dull gameplay though !!
"Its all about the top"
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

That's the problem with this machine - you get 3 minutes of rewarding entertainment, and that's it for another week. After a streak like that, a dozen mug punters will stroll up, lose with little chance of winning anything substantial, and walk off vowing never to play a Red ever again. It can't be good for the reputation of the manufacturer.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Totally agree there nixxy.
If there was ever an example of how reds can sting you then this is the one.
A mate of mine played a full one cost £140 to get the top which went for £75 then another £25 shortly after, this was after getting red boards straight away and it was full-no refill.

This has a dead spell in between all the good signs.
What i mean is it will show red boards for say £20 but you will lose the gamble to top a few times then it will completely die giving green boards giving boost off bonus and no boards for £10-£15, for the next £30 in or so.

Then it will go red again you get the top and i have even had a £75 followed by taking £50 in just red features.

You need a lot of coins and patience for this m/c as it always seems to take the piss for a good £80 after showing all the signs.

Needless to say its not one of my faves.
fmlad2002

stack attack

Post by fmlad2002 »

Had exactly the same today.... cost £140 from offering "half" red boards... gets you to the super streak on a 11 or 2 then dead..

Gave the 75 followed by a few small wins..managed a bar stepper for 7 too then came off..

Cant grumble though a few times been lucky with sticking a few quid and getting the 75.. Had a couple of 100's thats bout it...

Not a great machine to unpredictable

..Cant see how they got away letting punters stick 15+ in for a 2 quid board after a run though.... Very bad programming... Can only guess its done to stick players for being greedy !
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Had my first go at one of these about an hour or so ago.

Backing, plenty of red from the off. I got a skillstop after about £6, which i botched and hit 16 nudges. Luckily it was on a 3, so i went higher and won. Got the £10, and gambled to Super Streak. Was on a 10....11 came in.

A few more waste boards, before another SS after about £20 in. Hit thee 99, got SS, and again lost the gamble, this time on a 3. I was thinking about the blocks leading to a massive MS. I got on another board, and got the letters bonus, which filled the whole name from scratch! Excellent, £29 in for a decent MS i though. Errrrr no, only £25! Shocker! :shock:

Played on for a bit, and was dismayed when the next board was all red but one (Toggle). I'd just been told last credits by the barstaff. I got a red find the pea for £12, and had to leave. You can't begin to understand my frustration! I was definitely going for another push.....i hadn't realised the time! Reading some of these older posts, i could have got a massive after streak here, instead of only being £3 up. Morals of the story:

a) Watch the time
b) Watch the time
c) Don't got forcing shortly after 11pm
d) Watch the time
e) Watch the time

Yours frustatedly,

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Not really living up to your reputation of Fruit Machine Guru and Imparter Of Knowledge, are you Matt?

Not watching the time is a bit of a schoolboy error. You wouldn't catch a true professional doing that. I think your halo's slipping. Bring back Potwasher, you wouldn't have caught him firing the nuggets into a ... * picks a machine randomly out the air *.... Cliffhanger at 11.05pm. He'd be sitting at home with his feet up by then, counting his sheaf of notes.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Even the best can have a bad day your eminence :roll:

I'd had a few jars by then, so thats my only excuse. I could go and finished it off this morning i guess, but i really cant be arsed!

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Don't lose too much sleep Matt - the amount of times I've found myself disappointed with a flat £25 MS and thought 'ahh, it must be ready' - only for it to give two or three mainly red boards then go dead. £60 later, another flat £25 top.

You may well have saved yourself from a pocket-caning, so look on the bright side :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ob

Post by ob »

nixxy if you dont take the top till it is showing reds when nothings there you would avoid that outcome, they must streak from this.
supersavo

Re: stack attack

Post by supersavo »

ob wrote:Had an odd streak on this yesterday, £30 for a top which gave £50, then next credit spun in the board, managed to get the top again which amazingly gave £75 ( never had £125 before unless its cost inbetween tops a fair whack ), then next credit spun in the board again, all reds bar 2 but then killed the second hi-lo. It then died, and all redness dissapeared...

I can only hazard the next credit is like a free board..

about time I had a nice streak on them anyhow :lol:

Re: I can only hazard the next credit is like a free board..:

Old JPMs ( Rollercoaster era ) could do something like this....if you got JP/Top feature while it was numbering, if you then got on feature the very next credit, it could be potted again. RED programmers/game designers were ex-JPM, so its a possibility.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Sorry to bring an old post up!!! Had a funny experience on this today. had about 100 pound coins on me and had this red showing all the 'good' signs! after about 30 in i got a 'top' and got a flat 25. was quite diaspointed as it went dead on its arse for about 40 when it gave me another 25 top. the immediate spin afterwards i got upto SS on a 2 and gambled..... LOST! after another 20 in it gave me another 25 flat.

i thought to myself 'shall i carry on?' even though it was absolutely doing my nut!!! 3 flat 25s with about 90 in for 75 out. anyway i carried on gambling as it 'sucked' me in again with giving me red features and blocking at SS.

After another 50 in i manged to get a 50 top 2 notations, 25 each!! over all i was evens after an hours play!!!

shame i then went and played DOUGH HO HO a piece of BFG shite and lost 10 in that. managed to then get my 10 pound profit out of sub zero which ironically is a bandit which i absoulutely hate!!

anyways a boring day!!!!!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

toothless11 wrote:Sorry to bring an old post up!!! Had a funny experience on this today. had about 100 pound coins on me and had this red showing all the 'good' signs! after about 30 in i got a 'top' and got a flat 25. was quite diaspointed as it went dead on its arse for about 40 when it gave me another 25 top. the immediate spin afterwards i got upto SS on a 2 and gambled..... LOST! after another 20 in it gave me another 25 flat.

i thought to myself 'shall i carry on?' even though it was absolutely doing my nut!!! 3 flat 25s with about 90 in for 75 out. anyway i carried on gambling as it 'sucked' me in again with giving me red features and blocking at SS.

After another 50 in i manged to get a 50 top 2 notations, 25 each!! over all i was evens after an hours play!!!

shame i then went and played DOUGH HO HO a piece of BFG shite and lost 10 in that. managed to then get my 10 pound profit out of sub zero which ironically is a bandit which i absoulutely hate!!

anyways a boring day!!!!!

why is that funny?

you simply recycled jackpots on the machine and came off down after the 100 roll, big deal????

Post by Guest »

I totally agree with the posts on next credit thing. Ive had this happen loads actually on crazy cobra and rocket money.

I once had a rocket money showing almost all red from the off with nothing there, AND reaching the exchange. It proceeded to take almost £100 before i eventually got the top (redding the whole time more or less). Anyway to cut a long story short i got a £25 top followed by another next credit, it then seemed to die but picked up £20 later for a £35.

Its nice when things DO go as intended with these though, like yesterday i caught one showing and got a stop and step for £15, followed by a £50 next credit (got £1 with only 3 reds and gambled the whole way). Also got a bling bling £75 for the 1st time which is always nice!

Ive been tricked a few times into thinking its gonna pop again next credit, on a bonkers i got on and it allowed a gamble to £15 and lost on a 2 :roll: then went dead.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Yep, one thing I've noticed on Reds, especially if you get a £50 top. The next board looks really promising, letting you gamble silly numbers all the way up to the £10 or £15 (dependant on variety of machine) then bomb out on that final gamble. Then it'll go dead!

I think it's a very good ploy / tease to keep you going... ;)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."