Life's a Beach ... Screwed

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Nixxy

Life's a Beach ... Screwed

Post by Nixxy »

Strange thing I stumbled across today...

Found a Life's a Beach m/c in a Spoons and started to play. One of the first few spins produced a 4 on the middle reel with nothing either side of it, so I expected the Double Bonus. As you would. But no, the bonus only went up on position 4 on the right-hand column - the left column had stopped at position 2. Strange, I hmmm'd.

Played on and quickly realised that the whole flexi on reel 1 must be attached in the wrong place, so I grabbed a pen and worked out the reel band, wasted a quid or two working out where the machine thought it was landing and deduced that it was 4 fruits 'behind' on the reel. So where it was spinning in a fruit with no number, it was adding 2 positions to the left trail. But it got stranger...

A bonus eventually puts me up into the feature board, where I note that the blue 7s are 4 nudges away. The gambles up to 4 nudges all won, but it didn't say 4 Nudges = 10.00 like it usually would. Manually nudged them onto the winline and it recognised it as a £10 win. Soon became apparent (after some more trial and error) that the machine was correctly identifying fruits in 3-of-a-kind reel position on the feature, and awarding the prize when 3-of-a-kind were lined up on the winline, but it was lost with regard to what your nudges were worth before you'd manually nudged them down.

All very head-scratchingly bemusing but it meant that there were effectively infrequent 'free-wins' in the offing (well, high value wins it can't have been planning on offering), so clawed together a cheap bank of roughly £85 before tip-toeing away.

But I'm at a loss as to why it would recognise the 3-of-a-kind wins when they nudged down, yet it played to a different reel position in reel play. Any ideas?

:?
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Very strange indeed!

I'd have thought that the same programmatic 'check' used to tell the machine which fruit is where would be the same for reel play as on the feature...

...Certainly sounds like it was fudged up quite seriously!

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

hehe very weird, at least its something u can use to your advantage

Post by Guest »

It would potentially be emptiable if the machine didnt recognise you needed one more nudge for example :)

Good luck with that, im sure it will be a good earner while it lasts
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

It would potentially be emptiable if the machine didnt recognise you needed one more nudge for example
Exactly what I was thinking, surely even if it was way down on percentage, if it couldn't 'see' how many nudges were needed for a win, it would have no way of preventing this win being achieved. I wonder if the same scenario would apply for fruit steps?

I'd get back on it and experiment a bit more if I were you, it sounds like that £85 could have been the tip of the iceberg!
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Returned for more this morning, alas it was switched off :(
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

im posting for the first time on my dial up- not broadband, 1p whatever per minute to say, WHAT A DICK!
I'd have saved the penny if I were you, it sounds like you've missed the point.

The fact that the reels were off was just a secondary issue, it was not blocking the gambles as it was not aware of the value of the potential win (if I've read the original post correctly).

It is a machine, machines can develop faults. It's not outside the realms of possibility that this is the case. I've seen fruit machines do some bizzare shit over the years, sometimes in my favour, sometimes not. No need for the personal attack, just makes you sound like a clown.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Spyder wrote:...the machines bands can rotate and end up in the worng place, but the machine still knows where it thinks hte reels are, so if it has the reels 4 positions offf, it still knows they are 4 off, just the pictures are in the wrong place. the machine will still block the gambles and wil be no better off, apart from the odd gamble...
Reading the only part of your post which wasn't a load of drunkenly-typed abusive bollocks (ie. the above bit), you've hit upon the very point I was trying to make: the fact remains that it was recognising 3-of-a-kind wins when they were put onto the winline manually, which given that the reel band was running out-of-sequence, was a bit odd. The reason I posted it was to describe what I had in front of me and see if anyone knew why it might do that.

Oh, ... no no - I remember, I posted it because I am a complete dick - ahh yes, that's right, I remember now.

Spyder you might like to try suppressing your instinctive abusiveness before posting, and please don't quote things I didn't actually type, because I won't be lowering myself to your level if I see something I can't comprehend.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Now that i'm a mod i can remove such pointless posts.

Please think before you post Spyder.....the last thing everyone wants is the board clogged with posts like that, and for it to become Arcadia mkII. Keep it civil. :D

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"