Woohoo, for a change, I get there first! ;)

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

Some fair points....

However, i'm not interested in losing shed loads of money, nor am i interested in risking shed loads to win shed loads. I used to play fruit machines an awful lot - got into them at the Rollercoaster (JPM) stage in history. There are times when i WILL go out and play reds, but even if i knew how to beat them (which i don't), i'd still lose money over all. We all do, unless illegal or emptier means are used. I want to enjoy playing the games - i used to. Now, i feel like the machine is ripping my arms off, beating me around the head with them, and then shitting down my neck. I just don't like the games. I understand their place in the order of AWP's - but i personally just don't like them. Does that make me a fuck-dumpling?

And they also seem to be regularly surrounding by low-life car-stealing cum-guzzling chav's, who look like they'd rob my granny for "just another quid, mate"...

Devvo!!
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

yeah thats fair enough..

but there are people who make decent money from playing reds..but as you said you dont want to risk big amounts and im afraid that for these reds nowadays 95% of the time you may have to risk a fair few quid but the reward can be there..

and seeing those sort of ooiks playing reds is exactly who you do want playing em..coz they are clueless....its actually more enjoyment watching those sort of people arguing over taking a £6 win than it is to play them sometimes :P
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I enjoy my Red fun! Rarely down on these. I've said before - I go out on a Friday with £70-£100 in my back pocket and come back after a full day out playing, beering, bowling, enjoying the time with mates with a similar amount in my pocket.

Always down to a combination / mix of:

Snailblazer
Top Giza
DNA
Throw a Wobbler
Rocket Money

A once a week hit on these does me a lot of good! :)

I don't do any other form of gambling (never even been in a betting shop!)

For me, unless something drastic happens, Reds have got it spot on for me! :)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

To add my penny worth, a lesson from history...

The Clone Wars....

I started playing bandits seriously in the very early 80's in the days of 7th Heaven and Cloud 9 when a streak of £14 - £24 was amazing. Project Coin dominated the market, and other manufacturers struggled for survival during Project's reign. Players liked the sudden, and unexpected, run of good wins, and all manufacturers made machines that were basically a clone of 7th Heaven.

Very soon, AWPs all were much of a muchness, and the players wanted something new. Machines like "Spotlight" from MAYGAY, with its Mystery features, started the long journey towards "high tech", and the battle for supremacy was once again open to all.

Along came ACE with the likes of Full Throttle, with new and unheard of "barren spells" where you had to play through £5 - £10 or so, with only worthless nudges, and no wins to show for it. Core players loved it, as they learnt to play for the "Big" win, and casual players lost £2 or £3, with no sign of reward, and decided not to play again.

ACE dominated the market, and again other manufacturers struggled for survival. As less and less "mug punters" threw money into ACE machines, the barren periods became larger and larger to try and lure players in. The player base was becoming less and less, and the Empire was winning.

Part IV ... a new begining.....

The Rebel Alliance had no option but to fight back, so they mounted an assult on the Death Star, and shopped ACE to the Gamming Board.
The ripples were felt far and wide, but again balance had been restored.

For the next few years every manufacturer took its turn as top dog, but due to the loss in players some manufactures went to the wall ( ACE and Project) ..

Part V ... The Empire strikes back ...

Darth Red Gamming start their "hey, lose £40, no win, feature entry, first spin, lower than 11, 12 lose, bugger that" profile.
So successful are they that MAYGAY, IMPULSE, Extreme, and JPM, all exit the AWP arena (yeah like MAYGAY, IMPULSE, Extreme aren't Barcrest/Vivid/Red).
Yet again less and less "mug punters" threw money into machines, the barren periods became larger and larger to try and lure players in. The player base was becoming less and less, and the Empire was winning.

Yet they in reality they are not. Soon AWP's will be dead, and a new bread of machines will emerge.

On a personal note, I used to play until Red ruled the universe, but I am not prepared to play machines like this any longer. Red have done a good job, but when there are no longer any players willing to play machines, I just hope you all don't start to complain about the new machines, and ask where has Red gone?

I could not think of a time when I would not play AWPs. Now I can not think of a time when I would play.

Ed :(
remy

spliff

Post by remy »

can i have an 1/8 of what your smoking please
Mmm beer drink of the gods
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

hehe yeah ill have some of that shit too :D

na that was a veru interesting insight into the history of the modern machine for those of us too young to remmebr
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

And sadly, for those of you too young to remember, that is EXACTLY whats has happened, and what IS happening to the AWP industry. Soon we'll no doubt have a higher jackpot, and probably 50p play. So, those of you that love red, will you be prepared to go up to £60 without a hold, win, feature, nudge, etc... just because you might get that £150 streak? How much will you have to go out to play with then?

I'm not trying to knock Red - it makes business sense for them to clean up (and they have) in a market where they are the dominant force. The problem will arise when (and it WILL happen) players get so sick of playing harsh games, that they want to go back to little and often. Will Red Gaming, and other manufacturers, be able to lure back lapsed players?

Thats the acid test....

We'll see