opinions on this please

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
ssgtsnelly

opinions on this please

Post by ssgtsnelly »

right i was having a think earlier today about hitting tops on red machines..

speak your mind on this..

say you have hit the top cash amount be it £25/£15/£10 are there any benefits of knocking back the top?

ie reverse the gamble.granted there was no gurantee youd get it unless you had no loose but still does knocking them back buzz the mc up much to influence the top amount?

this is probly a dumb question but just thinking about it made me wonder

obviosuly reds can be a twat and knocking that potential top back it may not come back for A LONG time so may cost more than its worth

cheers
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

cant see there being any point in doing this tbh mate
say you have put £25 in you get offered the top and knock it back
it will probably cost this again before giving the top with no gurantee of going for more than £25 if it goes for £50 you are still where you were at anyway
no real knowledge of this its just my view :?
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

It could work, i think d_t_l tried it on his That's Magic and it went on a mental streak.

If i were using my own money though, i wouldn't risk it again. You don't know for certain what its going to give you anyway, so why mess about. I tried it once on a SKR and it came back straight after, though whether it gave any more is debatable. Just go for the top, see the afters and decide.

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

cheers for that guys

will prob avoid it then...thats the think isnt it you never know what it would give you the 1st time so even if you got £75 the second time you might had it before
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I used to think this sort of method worked on Top Giza when it was first released, but over the course of time I've convinced myself that it doesn't.

First reason is that Reds pay more than £25 from the top feature so much more often than other manufacturers' machines, that unless you know the playing pattern over the previous day or two, it's not worth inserting more money than necessary;

Secondly, the number of Reds that throw in a JP or Top Feature board immediately after a flat JP (TG/Crazy Cobra/Rocket Money etc) tells me that I shouldn't be knocking back the chance to see these boards;

and finally, look at it this way: Say you use the knock-back technique on every Red you ever play. If you added up the number of extra pound coins you put through these machines (say you knock back 2 JPs, take the third and you inserted another 11 pound coins after it offered the first JP) and the technique worked once in every three or four occasions, you'd have spent far more than necessary on the other flat JPs. It wouldn't add in your favour up over time.

Two consequences: You'd be committing yourself to playing for the next JP board to make up some of the lost profit - this invariably results in an overall loss. And if you weren't intending to play it out, and you've knocked back some JP boards only to be rewarded with a flat JP, you're only succeeding in loading the machine up for it to pay a 75 streak to someone else later on.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

thats a nice reply there nixxy...very understandable, really agree with the last line bout setting up a £75 top for someone 20 or 30 quid down the line.

cheers