Tart

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Johnny Boy

Tart

Post by Johnny Boy »

Was in one of the local pubs at the weekend - dont tend to go in there cos its a dive. Anyway, start playing jewel in the crown (on mega spin) - second quid, get on the board, nearly all red when i land on the top feature in red (cant remember exactly what its called), thought, sod it and will take it instead of the force, hit the take feature button and it was fucking broken.........

Went for the straight force which cost 25 for 50, so won 25 overall - was very pissed off cos i kept landing on decent red features and i couldnt be bothered with the force.

Told the old tart behind the bar (who is a fruit player too) who said "oh, we will call an engineer out" and as i walked off, i could hear her chuckling to her mate about how it had been doing it all weekend - fucking bullshit, and they still left the bloody machine on !!

I mean, the machines can be bad enough stacking the odds against you, and the last thing you need is some greedy munter stiching you up too !!!

Feel better now getting that off my chest
One last pound
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

I don't know why, but sometimes when I find a machine with a similar fault, I quite like pressing on and seeing if I can find ways around it.

I always think (probably wrongly!) that the average pub player would stick a few quid through it, and realising it was faulty in some way, just walk away after losing a bit. Multiply this occurance by a whole day of pub players, and you have a machine ready to pay out...if you can find a way of getting it!

In your case though, a Red with no feature options would be a sorry machine indeed. I had an X-Rated with a broken HI button, and it wasn't fixed for months! Now that really is a challenge!
Johnny Boy

Post by Johnny Boy »

Haha, now that sounds like a challenge !!!

Played a Yabba Dabbe yesterday, got on feature on the board to realise that none of the lights on the top of the cabinet were working. Couldnt see a thing on the board - just the little lcd told you what you had hit !!

Made it interesting for about 3 seconds until i wanted to beat the crap out of it !!!
One last pound
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

had exactly the same on a lucky strike the other day the cashpot light worked ok though
put £3 in and got £5 in cashpot collected before i put my fist through it

Post by Guest »

MrRed wrote:had exactly the same on a lucky strike the other day the cashpot light worked ok though
put £3 in and got £5 in cashpot collected before i put my fist through it
Why would you put your fist through a machine just for making you £2! :roll:
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Good example of this was all the Legal Tenders that were rolled out with a dodgy flexi, which would stick between numbers.

They were nearly always full, and providing enough people had wasted a few quid on them, you could play for the skill stop for 99 nudges and pray for one blind gamble up to the red/blue notes at the top.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
drop the lot

Post by drop the lot »

had a stack attack do the same with the feature button not working decided to force as it seemed like it was gagging, forced the top for about £15 profit how gutted was i when my next board was a red hidden on £2 on the number 7........inevitably the gamble lost :o ops: :o ops: :o ops:
I love it when a plan comes together
mr BIG

Post by mr BIG »

It can be profitable when you find machines with the bulbs out. BFU and clones are pretty good as you only get stuck if your are offered last lit.
king_conspiracy

Post by king_conspiracy »

Myself and Sgt Snelly regularly used to hit a Legal Tender with a dodgy number reel and it was ALWAYS buzzing...
Most i took out of it was £115 (50 top/25 top/20 hit the top/2 red features)
And the two of us regularly took it for 75-90 quid each time.

The numbers were not always wrong, but you could find that you would land on a 12 and both hi and lo would flash, therefore you were not on a 12. The strangest result came when a no lose was offered, going higher than an 11 would often not result in a 12, instead a lose :(

You were guaranteed with this machine if you stuck at it though to get a gorgeous top and then red feature afterplay or a red hidden for hit the top.

Although they replaced with the new pretty awesome Barcrest test machine (mentioned in crest forums) this was the best earner ive had for a while. a guaranteed 50-75 profit weekly.

What a horrible feeling it is when your fruit machine income support dissapears.

King.
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

drop the lot, why didn't you just collect the nudges?
Unbelievable Jeff
drop the lot

Post by drop the lot »

why would i, my options were collect £2 or take the red hiddens on the feature board(feature button out of order)so gamble the £2 hoping its rolling.........

ps.i didnt mean the boxes
I love it when a plan comes together