Smash The Cash £5 Jackpot Always Redding

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
FruitPlayer

Smash The Cash £5 Jackpot Always Redding

Post by FruitPlayer »

Hi all, has anyone played this on £5? There is one near me and everytime I play it it is constantly redding every single board. As we all know, £5 Reds do have massive streak potential and so far on every single Red I have played, if all but 1 or 2 features are red every board then very shortly they start streaking their nuts off. Well, this Smash The Cash has been redding every single time I have played it but it still just does not want to streak, it will pay £3 then take £5 or so for the next board and again, that board is nearly all red but decides to kill you before getting a feature offered. Just can't work this one out as to why it won't streak, I can guarantee next time I go to play it it will be redding it's nuts off once again, but for the life of me will not be able to get it to streak. Do you think it could just be saving and saving even tho it is redding?

On another note, this machine, instead of having the Big Red Gaming logo at the top has a Barcrest one instead so makes me think whether it has just been converted and therefore had all of its RAM etc completely reset? It just plays very very strange, can't get it to streak and is also hard to lose on haha due to the way it's constantly taking £5 for £3 and then £3 for £3 continuously, but then it goes dead at random and then suddenly throws another pretty much all red board?!?!

Thanks all if you have any information on this strange thing!
JG

Post by JG »

It'll be on the Whitbread custom pub profile with a £5 stakes prizes key. You'll find once in a blue moon it'll streak for twenty. I had a Top Giza on the same profile ages ago. Much flatter and safer but barely any streak on it.
JG
FruitPlayer

Post by FruitPlayer »

JG wrote:It'll be on the Whitbread custom pub profile with a £5 stakes prizes key. You'll find once in a blue moon it'll streak for twenty. I had a Top Giza on the same profile ages ago. Much flatter and safer but barely any streak on it.
Hi JG thanks so much for replying! I'll take on board what you have told me, yeah I have heard of Arcade/Pub/LBO Mode before, but have never heard of Whitbread Custom Pub haha. What you have said really makes sense now because yeah I have had it go for £20 like a year ago and then back to square one, still redding every single board so I just kept pushing and pushing for streaks but it just would not streak. Can I please ask if although some machines have the Beer Icon for Pub Mode and the Horse for Arcade Mode and the Fruit Machine for Arcade mode can this still mean, let's say you have 2 Smash The Cash machines next to each other on Pub Mode, can they still be entirely different programmes? (Sorry I know I am really confusing, I just obsess about every single detail)

It just gets me thinking, and would please like to ask if you know whether no 2 machines have the same profile? I think back now to having played many of 2 other same machines yet was like playing an entirely different profile although the same Beer icon for "Pub Mode" was lit on both, I understand percentages and whether they are dead or due to pay out obviously affects it, but having played 2 of the same of many machines I have definitely noticed them to appear to have a completely different profile.

So although machines are just cloned do they actually each have different programs? And if you have a link to the Whitbread Program I would love to read up on it, I have never heard of that before.

Thanks so much again for replying, sorry for the huge post but I do honestly really appreciate replies to me obsessing about every single thing possible, and I hope sometime I will be able to help out in return.
JG

Post by JG »

Back in the 90s there where a couple of brewery owned pub chains who demanded that fruit machine manufacturers make incredibly soft profiles of their games. The reasoning for this was that the ethos behind these companies was that they were primarily family establishments providing a safe environment for people to eat drink and play non dangerous soft profile fruit machines(!)
The most prolific of these companies, in terms on insistence of soft profile, were Whitbread.
Note: these days if you play at a Beefeater or Brewers Fayre or any other Whitbread establishment, you get a standard pub profile.
I don't know if you follow fruit machine emulation (fruit emu) at all, but back in the day, one of the most active fruit emu bloggers wrote an excellent article explaining all about these custom soft profiles. He even had a link to a layout of Ace's Cash Raider, a rather turgid JPM game in an ACE cabinet that would take a fair stack (£100+ easily) to force out the jackpot. In fact a lot of old JPMs would eventually roll in the jackpot if you took no other wins. The Whitbread chip, and you can play it for yourself on an emulator, would roll in the £15 jackpot after £30 or so of you taking no wins.

£5 Reds (ignore the badge, that's a distributor issue) are very, very much geared toward big streaks. On £5 jackpot arcade mode a £125 hopper on pay and drop can run empty, they can streak that much. Even on softer pub settings, they're still geared to the streak. In fact the £25 versions of the games were all about the £75+ run, even in the pubs. £70 Smash The Cash could still do a big streak. In fact as I type now, I realise Smash came out long after Whitbread had stopped demanding super soft profiles (they take far less money!). However at that time various distributors went through a phase of requesting soft profile versions of these games in the belief that players would chase harder for the big streaks that were practically unobtainable. This is probably what you have, on a £5 stakes prizes key.

You can gave two identical games on the same profile that play totally different due to the playing styles of other punters in the pub. That's the most common reason anyway. However as explained it can be down to custom chips.

I'll dig out that link later tonight if I can find it.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

Link to follow
JG
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

how informative.
FruitPlayer

Post by FruitPlayer »

JG wrote:Back in the 90s there where a couple of brewery owned pub chains who demanded that fruit machine manufacturers make incredibly soft profiles of their games. The reasoning for this was that the ethos behind these companies was that they were primarily family establishments providing a safe environment for people to eat drink and play non dangerous soft profile fruit machines(!)
The most prolific of these companies, in terms on insistence of soft profile, were Whitbread.
Note: these days if you play at a Beefeater or Brewers Fayre or any other Whitbread establishment, you get a standard pub profile.
I don't know if you follow fruit machine emulation (fruit emu) at all, but back in the day, one of the most active fruit emu bloggers wrote an excellent article explaining all about these custom soft profiles. He even had a link to a layout of Ace's Cash Raider, a rather turgid JPM game in an ACE cabinet that would take a fair stack (£100+ easily) to force out the jackpot. In fact a lot of old JPMs would eventually roll in the jackpot if you took no other wins. The Whitbread chip, and you can play it for yourself on an emulator, would roll in the £15 jackpot after £30 or so of you taking no wins.

£5 Reds (ignore the badge, that's a distributor issue) are very, very much geared toward big streaks. On £5 jackpot arcade mode a £125 hopper on pay and drop can run empty, they can streak that much. Even on softer pub settings, they're still geared to the streak. In fact the £25 versions of the games were all about the £75+ run, even in the pubs. £70 Smash The Cash could still do a big streak. In fact as I type now, I realise Smash came out long after Whitbread had stopped demanding super soft profiles (they take far less money!). However at that time various distributors went through a phase of requesting soft profile versions of these games in the belief that players would chase harder for the big streaks that were practically unobtainable. This is probably what you have, on a £5 stakes prizes key.

You can gave two identical games on the same profile that play totally different due to the playing styles of other punters in the pub. That's the most common reason anyway. However as explained it can be down to custom chips.

I'll dig out that link later tonight if I can find it.
Blimey, I totally understand what Whitbread were all about now from reading your information JG and am very surprised (but in a good way) that Atleast they had the power and decency to put that into power for customers/families etc and actually confided with the Amusement factor, I bet machine manufacturers kicked up a stink about it but obviously decided to agree otherwise Whitbread would of refused to have machines sited on their premises? Haha. I do follow Fruit-Emu, haven't been active for a few years, I actually stopped playing machines in the wild aswell for a few years (just due to being very busy with other parts of life etc) but have recently had some free time to get back into it all and now I am going to download lots of different emulations and see if I can find any on different modes (Pub/Arcade) and just have a massive experiment. It really does all make sense now, I really thought all £5 Reds just played the same up until your information, thinking back I have had the same sort of experience with a "Jackpot Gems" just constantly paying small wins and a £10 "run" maximum and I played the life out of it at the location for a good 2 years lol. I would like to get some footage of how "Smash The Cash" is red every single board, and I mean every single board for you but it is literately impossible to film at the location.

Anyway thanks so much for your excellent post and I will definitely read the link to the Fruit-Emu article, I am very appreciative of all this :)
JG

Post by JG »

Blast!

Maroney's web hovel has vanished. Perhaps a kindly member has the relevant pages cached and could upload them here. Failing that http://www.fruit-emu.com
JG
JG

Post by JG »

Testing
JG