Aftershock ?? old red machine ?? Never seen it before

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
peter1230

Aftershock ?? old red machine ?? Never seen it before

Post by peter1230 »

Well time to pull my finger out and get the first post in
found this red in a small local arcade backing from the first pound so thought i'd give it a whirl as reds backing from what i've read on here is a good sign.
Within £3 had the cash up to £15 last gamble before the top on a 10 so lower ut oh 12.
Never mind i thought it'l give it again
9 tries later on the £15 gamble and over £80 in the machine it still did not give me the top ran out of money so grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr anyone else seen this machine??
I think it is quite an old machine as the arcade it is in is only a small one and does not have too many newish machines in it (still got a crystal maze in it on 20p play £10 jackpot)
Any advice would be most grateful thank you guys

It has 3 trails on it reel steps on the left, cash in the middle and nudges on the right with exchanges between the 3 trails similar layout to an old red alert features available when you get a boxed win i think sry can't remember the steam is still coming out my ears £80 in for f*** all out never mind stick to machines i know treat it as a lesson ok rant over anyone seen it ???
danthedude66

Post by danthedude66 »

we've got the five pounder in an arcade in norwich
if the five pounder blocks the top (dead on an 11 for it)
then i hate to think how mch it would take to pass the block on the 25 pounder.
It plays a bit like DNA except the shots go to only features, no cash
Its on the red website if u wanna see it.
i hate swede
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

This is one of the first red's released. Good machine, some good steals involving manually nudging to a win with an exchange to fruit steps rather than auto nudging the best win.

Will play similar to newer stuff like DNA, LAB etc. Learn the reels for fruit steps, from what I can remember the reel bands are the same as the newer stuff apart from the numbers. Top can go big, can also get top off features. If you reach an exchange point and are offered a feature it will be super if you have a bonus next to it.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

some good steals involving manually nudging to a win with an exchange to fruit steps rather than auto nudging the best win.
This is indeed a key approach to all red gamers of this style! ;)

Were the reels bands not the same as those of Quake? (a clone) I'm sure the layout is different, also the number reel layout is different. Newer reds are a lot easier to read with the melons / blue/red seven arrangement. Plus the additional red seven on the middle reel, which I believe is 5 fruits after the first one? (I know there's a red bar and a yellow bar between them - can't remember the others off the top of my head lol!)

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

Matt Vinyl wrote:
Were the reels bands not the same as those of Quake? (a clone) I'm sure the layout is different, also the number reel layout is different. Newer reds are a lot easier to read with the melons / blue/red seven arrangement. Plus the additional red seven on the middle reel, which I believe is 5 fruits after the first one? (I know there's a red bar and a yellow bar between them - can't remember the others off the top of my head lol!)

:)
Think quake bands were different if my memory serves me right, but it's been that long since I played Quake or Aftershock I could be wrong. As for the number reel that was different as on the latest ones the 1 is before the 12.

As for the red 7's I think the second one is 6 away from the previous red 7, you are right Matt that there is a red and yellow bar between them. Knowing the blue 7 is 6 away from the 4 is the best one to know i've found.

I know the reel bands on the newer ones like the back of my hand as it comes in very useful when playing. :wink:
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

is it £25 jackpot?

hmm

i loved the £15's....

lol, what is a block?
peter1230

Post by peter1230 »

Thanks for the tips guys guess i need to study it a bit more as i'm sure no one else plays it for the big force,they just seem content to stick in a fiver or so and take whatever is offered.It just seemed a real S*** that it was backing from the off maybe i caught it on a re-fil day and it was way off time to get a key me-thinks.Thanks guys keep up the good work!!

The hooch grrrrrrowwwllllllll
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

aftershock has a fake backing on the £25... as with nitro, invaders and rampage

it will drop the first so many £1's to the cashpot and then go back to filling the hopper...
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Agree with that Spyder. Pretty sure that the old fake backing goes for £7. If it still backs after that, it will either be a refil or genuinely full... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

it depends on you winning too,

its seemed to be about £7 in a row of 7 in 0 out.. but ive seen it fake back for ages before...

dunno exactly how it works but its a pain in the arse

easyest way is to collect £1 on the 1st board it backs on, then see how many it takes to start backing again... if it backs straight away, it shouldnt have so it is faking