subzero

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
bigv038

subzero

Post by bigv038 »

ive heard alot mentioned about this m/c however i have never played one before nor seen one. until the other day my local bookies has now got 1. are there any basic methods of play with this? when not to etc any help would be much apreciated. thanks
remy

sub zero

Post by remy »

This is not the best of reds in my opinion, but there is something on it the pub i go into after work has one its always light ,i watched someone play it the other day and he got stiffed put about 50 through it. I would have give it a go but some chav beat me to it so i left.
Mmm beer drink of the gods
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

even when showing reds does not mean its ready to drop..

if climbing nicely on the cash stack and being offered consistant red features then force all out for the yetis..

be warned that this machine loves to act "alive" but actually be on the suck...ie £3 on red find the flake whereas it can do £25 when buzzing...so dont be fooled that an offer is a good sign...if not climbing well then take red features, youl soon learn the ones to take...some can be amazing and others are shite...
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

ssgtsnelly wrote:even when showing reds does not mean its ready to drop..

if climbing nicely on the cash stack and being offered consistant red features then force all out for the yetis..

be warned that this machine loves to act "alive" but actually be on the suck...ie £3 on red find the flake whereas it can do £25 when buzzing...so dont be fooled that an offer is a good sign...if not climbing well then take red features, youl soon learn the ones to take...some can be amazing and others are shite...
you know any good/bad features off hand to help us out? thanks
remy

sub zero

Post by remy »

The big freeze red: skill stop on notes at the top easy 25. Red blizzard series can go 25 +.
Mmm beer drink of the gods
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Bad signs are not always what they seem on Sub Zero:

often I've seen it throw in a JP after taking in 5 or 6 quid without a board. The genuinely bad signs are when you get infrequently onto the board and the very first gamble loses on consecutive boards. It's almost certainly just done a nice top when it's doing this and the reels are being a bit more 'deliberate'.

I'd say the best sign is obviously when more than 10 of the 13 features are lit red from the start. That goes for most reds. But don't be fooled! It needs to be actually offering reds not just illuminating them.

If you're trying to force out the top, make sure you gamble the bonus more when the safe cash is on £1. You're far better off gambling for extra yetis on a low safe cash so you don't set the m/c back further than necessary.

Also look out for the consecutive boards where it offers Big Freeze (normal) and then kills you. The top is never far away when it starts offering these boards.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Dunhamzzz

Re: sub zero

Post by Dunhamzzz »

remy wrote:The big freeze red: skill stop on notes at the top easy 25. Red blizzard series can go 25 +.
had it for 8. It will only go for +25 if streaking....

worst red ever really.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

thanks for your help, its much appreciated.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

£8 is generous!

I've had red blizzard series go for £5 before! Dreadful! :shock:

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I really don't like this Red whatsoever. Very difficult to read accurately. On most other Reds, if you have the classic 'all bar one' red, if you are offered a feature it usually lands on the remaining green one to turn them all red and lead to the usual 'reach-a-feature-get-big-money' affair.
This one will just continue to give you red features whilst avoiding the remaining blue ones. Good if you're on your first quid and just want a return, but bad if you're on the force. Grrr...

Bloody annoying when you keep getting that poxy £1 on safe cash too. Even gambling the bonus on your first go often knocks you off the board.

Not touched one for a while now, and don't plan to anytime soon. Hope this was just Red having a bad day and not a sign of things to come!

I'm veering towards Stack Attacks now as a decent Red, although as most of us agree, DNA is still 'da best'!

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Of course it's the best!

I think me and thee should get jobs promoting this machine. We sing its praises to the hilt i reckon :P I'm just gutted there aren't any near me! :x

The only 2 nearest ones i know are at Tower Bridge and Oxford Street. Too far for me unfortunately!

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Rob Pots

Post by Rob Pots »

Im new here but here goes....

Harvester Dartford.

£10 in a couple of boards showing reds.
Another £5, on the board reds all but 2 and on £8, 2 yetis, 2 extra lives, turn down red blizzard series, gamble for 3rd yeti, dead, higher than a 4....to a 12. gamble for yeti, dead, lower than a 12....3...higher dead!!!

So im thinking must be nearly there......£40 in about 5 boards and kept losing on 1st gamble everytime on 11 or 2???????? WTF?

Run out of money, gf goes mental!!!!

Leave with so many wat ifs?

Was i playing like a mug or was this just wrong?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Ayyyeee! Harvester in Dartford? Saw my first ever Lucky Strike there, also 'Flash Cash'.

Although there are 2xHarvesters in Dartford, do you mean the one near Crayford, or the one near the M25 roundabout? ;)

MattB: Anyone'd think Red are paying us for promotional purposes! :)

There's one DNA left near me, which I frequent on a Friday. There's also an X-Rated in an arcade, and although I loathe arcades, this particular one has:

X-Rated
Rocket Money
Dragon Drop
Top Gear

So I occaisionally try the odd pound or two to see where they're standing... ;)

Snail Blazer is still my firm second favorite. (One remaining near me also, I'm dreading them removing both this and DNA on the same day!) :(

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I also agree, this is a bad m/c its not on my list of reds that i play.

I thought this was a great m/c when first released but my opinion has changed dramatically
I actually think that its the worst red out at the moment

I have 2 Snail Blazers 4 LAB's, 4 DNA's that i play a lot
All top of my list along with Rocket Money which i have 2 left :D
adamdare

Post by adamdare »

In my opinion this machine is shit compared to some of its fellow reds. The only way is to key it and if its full. Hope for the best and force it for three yetis! But beware this machine is very good at looking as if its playing well and then it will suddenly fuck u over leaving u up shit street with nowhere to go
Gambling performs for the poor what property performs for the rich - something for nothing