Kings Ransom

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Dynamike wrote:It must have passed test, there's about 10 in a 5mile radius around here.
Likewise, I'm finding loads popping up round here too. I know we aren't far apart geographically, Dynamike, but if you've got 'em and I've got 'em, it must've passed.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

nixxy wrote:
Dynamike wrote:It must have passed test, there's about 10 in a 5mile radius around here.
Likewise, I'm finding loads popping up round here too. I know we aren't far apart geographically, Dynamike, but if you've got 'em and I've got 'em, it must've passed.
Indeed. Unfortunately, I find them the worst out of the current crop of Reds.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

I decided to give one a proper 'go' today.

It has the feel of a Snailblazer, but somehow seems less fun - anyone agree with that?

It constantly put me on the board even when not playing particularly well, opening up the On Target (safe cash) thingy and continually blocking at £10. Infact the block at £10 was as blatent and predictable as any I've seen.

After £55 in, suddenly the features were starting to get red en mass. Soon after, it offered the top Notes Of The Round Table (red) feature, which didn't repeat so a flat JP resulted. The very next board appeared dead; all but one of the features lit green - but it quickly lit the 3 crowns and did a £50 top. I left about a tenner up and a bit wiser.

It was slow progress though as there's no Mega Spins thingy to speed things up, and the constant Safe Cash awards make recycling cash a long and laborious process.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
fmlad2002

Kings Ransom

Post by fmlad2002 »

Got one of these in the woodford area...

Played first day 15 in got the kings ransom feature on red - All cash amounts were blue, hit the 25 - then got a repeat, but could only get another 15.. nxt board seemed dead so left..

Came back 2 days later - pub non-refilled - 11 off full.. Offered semi reds\alive..for £100 quid with no JP... then gave a flat JP from the right hand side cash trail - all boards after were dead.. with the 25 back in and another 47 quid, (now £147 in total) got the crowns for £50.. took 8 quid for nxt board, 3 quid dead.. another 6 quid later 2 quid dead.. boards again were semi alive - (50/50 red\green).. eneded recycling the remainder to get the Red kings ransom for flat 25 again.. nxt board was green but threw in the crowns for 50.. so in total £147 in and about 68 out - nearly 80 down.. so others be very careful.. Jackpot Genie could do this often..
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

ouch.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Ive seen over £120 in this without a Top feature or JP.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I always had the argument with a mate of mine that on Jackpot Genie it is best to take red features.
It really likes to streak off them and i find it completely un-forceable

If this is the same i would play for features only

Although i am sure that it can be forced every now and again, i am not sure if its worthwhile.
mr BIG

Post by mr BIG »

MrRed wrote:I always had the argument with a mate of mine that on Jackpot Genie it is best to take red features.
It really likes to streak off them and i find it completely un-forceable

If this is the same i would play for features only

Although i am sure that it can be forced every now and again, i am not sure if its worthwhile.
Agree with you there mate. This is definately not one to force. If showing reds just try and make as much as you can from collecting.

As far as I know there are three guaranteed £25 red features and a few normal features seem to be better than usual when red.
drop the lot

Post by drop the lot »

my first episode on this offering pretty much backs up what mr red and big say.......showing nearly a full red board and gambling to £10......£80 later still no crowns, re-couped about £50 from the features......quick hit next time, if i even bother.
I love it when a plan comes together
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Gave it another chance today, and found that although it was £33 off it was starting boards with all bar one feature red. Also, the safe cash wasn't habitually opening up like it did when I last played, giving the feeling that it was 'saving up' for something a bit nicer streakwise.

After about £14 through, it finally relented and let me past the £10 block on the cash trail. I had two extra lives so I kept gambling the bonus - and it duly awarded red Notes-of-the-round-Table with 5 of the 6 notes lit red.

It went for £75 and some blokes nearby, obviously annoyed, began murmuring.

So I guess you need to bear in mind that even if you're getting predominantly red boards, you need it to be avoiding the safe cash thingy to go big.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Not played this yet (Piccie anyone? Reds website still not updated!), but can you not 'kill it off early' if you get safe cash open, to prevent big wins?

A technique often used on other Reds of this nature...

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mashman

Post by mashman »

Matt Vinyl wrote:Not played this yet (Piccie anyone? Reds website still not updated!), but can you not 'kill it off early' if you get safe cash open, to prevent big wins?

A technique often used on other Reds of this nature...

I guess you can but even when forcing for the 3 crowns on the bonus, one of the bonus options is Safe Cash and it will put you further into the large amounts on the inside of the safe cash board if you land on it, like Jackpot Genie.
A fool and his money are easily parted
milk monitor

Safe Cash

Post by milk monitor »

When forcing I always kill myself on £1 EVERYTIME.

You can guarantee the one time you risk it will give a large safe win - worst case 15 repeat on sub zero
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

£75 off of one of these today - first time I've played one (replaced a shabby 'Hot Shot')...

Whatever machine it is by Red, they can 'always' do the big £75 top... ;)

"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Don't slate Hot Shot! Cracking machine! :D

I actually think this one is piss poor, and pretty much unforcable. These are definitely my least favourite series of reds, without a question. The most unforcable, and ready to play the least.

More DNA/LAB/Tender stylees for me please!

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"