Of course it is........... But........

Red gaming fruit machine chat..
mjd

Of course it is........... But........

Post by mjd »

Stack Attack was playing rather well earlier, its a new machine to me....... And i think its alright! BUT......... I just cant see it possible to get a 'Top' on it!?!? I mean of course it is, but two Gambles from £10? Didn't have enough money on me to force it, but 1st time got to Super Streak and died, 2nd Time i just took £10.. Pretty sure id of lost on the 4..

was playing another Machine, DNA.. £1 in, on the board, and Very Very Confused........ again, first time ive seen one.

I think its the messiest game ive ever seen.
boom
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Im not a huge fan of DNA myself alot of players on here love it, i think mattb loves his DNA's lol. As for stack attack, it was probably there for the top within 30-40 quid obviously you didnt have the money to force it for the top, it can do some huge tops
Scott

Post by Scott »

I know there are plenty on here that love DNA, but i can never seem too have much luck on it :( . seems too bump at £15 for fun and its cost me £60 plus many times too go £75, hardly ever get a big return from this red even if it is clearly ready, i don't mind the other step reds like LAB and CCP, its just DNA i cant get on with. re stack attack, i have a couple near me, one that has been glowing 6 out of the last 8 visits, and loves too go £75 :D and the other that is a bit hit and miss, but you do catch it the odd time.
Cobwebs 👆
mjd

Post by mjd »

The Features on SA do seem to go with the quality of the board entry from what ive seen. one minute all red bar one, next minute all green bar one! Very unpredictable!
boom
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Course i love my DNA's! :D It just so happens a load of them have re-emerged here. I now have 5 :shock: around here again, when i had 0 a while back.

SA can be ok if it reds up nicely. You can sometimes blag a nice super streak when it isn't MS ready though. I had one off a green board do £40 once. If it's there though, just chase it. They do like to streak, so its mostly worth the investment.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

DNA - indeed a classic machine - MJD, If you have experience with GADD / X-Rated / CCP et al, it's just a forerunner to two of these (newer than X-rated though). Although agree, the graphics are not the best.

These are by far the most difficult Reds for beginners to get the hang of, but they are by far the easiest to read for experienced 'spinners'. :)

Stack Attack - this is a very difficult one to judge. It's not a favorite by any stretch of the imagination, but, like all Reds, can deliver big. I used to have one in the 'Spoons nearby and would always approach it cautiously - you are indeed right about the Reds showing the 'value' of the board. And of course, consistent reds mean it is there for the force.

However... ...There's a 10p/£5 version down my local bowl, it's next to a Bling Bling (30p/£5 - extortionate, but had a top result on this from green 'super streak' as mentioned elsewhere!) which I was playing. Anyway, my chum was playing the SA, and it was redding from the off. It took £30, yep that's thirty quid, to give a £5 top! To be fair it did offer loads of red features after that allowed him to build the bank up to £25, but, imagine if that £30 he had was all he could afford! £30 into a 10p machine with no return which was showing from the off? No thankyou!!! :shock:
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Alpine021

Post by Alpine021 »

DNA when u know what ur doing is awesome. New players don't realise how much skill is involved regarding auto-nudging / stepping / swapping / collecting nudges and nudging certain set ups in etc...

I admit i used to hate them in my early days but now love em now i know the reels properly etc. For example I think it's around 8 or 9 fruit steps (maybe more) that u can have with certain set ups and still not have either blue or red 7's.

The only fault is the prolonged £15 block. Can get kinda boring when it blocks for like the 7th time....
mattrick

Post by mattrick »

Mmmmmm, dna what a beautiful example of fruit machine making :lol: :lol:
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

DNA isn't that much to do with steps and all that. It just won't let you have a decent amount if it isn't there. Equally if you are a bit rusty on your reels and you think something is there on about 7 steps, try and get a bonus number. Usually gives shots, and if it does 4 then you know something is there :wink:
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
ob

Post by ob »

I'm with extreme eddie on this one, DNA is a good machine yes, but what annoys me is you can work really hard to get to £15 and it just loses to the top on 3/10 for absolute fun - compare this to crazy cash point which very rarely does this... for example I've had DNA lose to the top maybe 10+ times in a row before giving it - and you know its ready for it, as its red.

It has the habit of always finding that number 8 aswell on £15 lol, so even when you have a step you have that nasty 4, which nearly always loses (alternatively the 7 which steps to 6 bonus which ALWAYS gives feature shots), this makes getting the top yet harder.

Also I found the top rarely to go for £75, unless you had put alot in FROM red x'ing...

Don't get me wrong, had plenty of results on these, they just had a more rigid block to the top, so for that reason, CCP/GADD, perhaps LAB (this also likes losing to the top though) are the superior machines!
LukeStar

Post by LukeStar »

be carefull on stack attack , can block for ages . Make sure you know its properly redding before you take it on
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Porperly redding what the hell does that mean?
justice For The 96
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

Not when it is all red barring a couple but won't let you hit features, presumably.

DNA is great, I think I've had better results on CCP but DNA is much more satisfying to play.

Stack Attack, you need a big float in case it goes tits up. You can do alright sucking them but they can suck from you too, i.e. £15 for a dead board.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Mattb wrote:.. try and get a bonus number. Usually gives shots, and if it does 4 then you know something is there :wink:
MJD - this is the best bit of advice so far.

The first thing you wanna do when you start playing is get on the board, get a bonus number and see how many feature shots it's happy to give you IN ONE GO. If it gives you 4 shots, you'll probably be well placed to play for the top. If not, you might wanna take a back seat and let someone else put a few quid through it.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
mjd

Post by mjd »

cheers for the advice everyone. I could instantly tell it may be one of those which has a brick wall infront of Top Dog!

but as for the rest of it, I think its a very good machine!
boom