Slipping reels

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
stuart4010

Slipping reels

Post by stuart4010 »

I'm referring to a global club machine, circa 2000. The reels are definitely slipping during play of the machine i.e. the number reel is sticking between numbers sometimes, where neither number is correct, and it looks as if at least one of the main reels is slipping to. This has not, however, triggered a reel alarm, as I would have expected (I have little technical knowledge of the workings of the machine so pardon my ignorance if there's a standout reason why this wouldn't be the case). Does anyone have any hints as to what could be causing this, or any potential remedies??
freakycat

Post by freakycat »

what machine is it you have ..there is several things that can cause this
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

The Italian Job Club
freakycat

Post by freakycat »

try swapping reels as a temp measure to see if you get the same fault .if the fault stays in that reels position i suggest the reel drivers,or maybe its just as simple as the reel motors loose and allowing the reel to shift
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

I appreciate the advice, thanks.
Nokring

Post by Nokring »

Hi there. if the reel screws are slack then the motor will slip, this would not give you a real alarm on startup because the MPU would still see the Opto Paddle and just adjust the timing accordingly, you will know this is the case because the sync position at startup will be slightly up or down, however, over a long period of use without a reset (power on/off or doors open) the motor will slip enough for the opto to miss land and thus an alarm will be generated.

I agree that you should swap the reel over and see if the fault stays with the reel or the board.

In addition, there should be smooth movement of the motor when power is off and resistance when power is applied.
Immys

re

Post by Immys »

need more info matei
Need Help! Expert Repairer Of All Amusement Machines.

or alternativley email: immys@fsmail.net