more problems!! wont take £1's now

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
fruity-girl

more problems!! wont take £1's now

Post by fruity-girl »

arrgh! :x this machine is sending me crazy!! i've filled the hopper (via the refil key) but it wont take pound coins! they are getting jammed in the mech and setting the alarm off. me thinks i've got a gremlin in this one! all other coins ok. any ideas guys? many thanks.
machine doctor

Post by machine doctor »

Sounds as though still coins jammed in the coin mech.Have you removed and checked the coin mech to see if any coins left jammed in the seperator on the bottom of the mech.
psxcity

Post by psxcity »

let me guess a 126dfx mech?? taking all other coins but £1 coin gets jammed??

if so check the strike plate
fruity-girl

Post by fruity-girl »

thanks very much guys i'll try those. fingers crossed it may actually work soon! :wink: had to give it a rest last night. it was making me into a manic troll!! :P :lol:
machine doctor

Post by machine doctor »

psxcity wrote:let me guess a 126dfx mech?? taking all other coins but £1 coin gets jammed??

if so check the strike plate
Thats what I thought at first but catching/jamming on strike plate would stop it accepting but not set alarm off
they are getting jammed in the mech and setting the alarm off.
i've filled the hopper (via the refil key)
did it accept pound coins then?
fruity-girl

Post by fruity-girl »

yeah, it took £'s fine when i refilled the hopper just wont take them now. you can hear them jamming inside, then the alarm goes off. when i turn it off and take out the mech i have to shake it to loosen the coin. when i turn it back on again it's registered the credits ok.
machine doctor

Post by machine doctor »

Def looks like you have coins still jammed in the mech and need to look at the seperator at the bottom of the coin mech as the coins will prob be jammed in the paddles that direct the path of the coins.
You might need to disconnect the seperator from the coin mech to get the jammed coins out.
fruity-girl

Post by fruity-girl »

the people i bought the machine from sent me another mech, great! works fine but...... no routing plug :( and the one i have is sending the £1 coins into where the 20p hopper would be (if it had one) does anyone know where i can get a routing plug from please? i have asksed the seller to send me one but not sure theyre gonna bother :? i cant believe anyone would send a machine out as working when clearly it isnt!! :x thanks.
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

Getting the correct routing plug will be the challenge... you might be better off rearranging the wires in the plug you have.
I will dig out a plug diagram if I can find it.

Edit:
I take it they have sent you a different model of mech if the routing plug is sending the coins the wrong way in the new one?
The plug isn't upside down by any chance is it? Unlikely I know.
fruity-girl

Post by fruity-girl »

it came with an sr5, the replacement is a C435A. and at least this one works! according to the manual i have it's the right one now. i have a diagram of the plug so will have a go at a rewire. i'm not going to blow anything again am i ?? :lol: i'm good at that!!
machine doctor

Post by machine doctor »

Having the diagram for the routing plug you should have no problems.