vivid 'cash shark'

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
vivid

vivid 'cash shark'

Post by vivid »

i have recently purchased a vivid machine, cash shark, and was woundering if anyone can help..... on the display it says 'reset cash' then straight away it says 'invkey_2.1' and the machine beeps a lot times .. i cannot put money in as it comes out straight away but only use freeplay when door is open, i would like to use it with money, the payout tubes are connected,it has a refil key barrel above the payout
tray on the right.
spa

Post by spa »

Could be you need a different key in the machine. Its not actually a key, it's a plug with a few switches on the back (variable percentage key) and a stake and prize key.

Got a photo of the motherboard handy?
vivid

Post by vivid »

hi stevev2
ihave looked at what you said and have spoken to barcrest and they have said... that the invkey 2.1 means that the stake and jackpot key has invalid settings, and if adjustable it might not work, so i have found the keysettings and have adjusted it to the settings i wanted £5jp at 10p play, but it works on 30p play at £30 jackpot, so i need a key for £5jp at 10p play....so if anyone has that type of key and can sell cheaply inc delivery then let me know and i will puchase off one of you!
thanks
vivid
spa

Post by spa »

Check out ebay, normally heaps on there. Maybe if you have no luck there try your local arcade, flash one of the workers £5-£10 and i'm sure they will sort you out :)
spa

Post by spa »

Thinking about it, I may have one. Just broke up a spiker the biker, never had it on £5 but had decal for £5, £15 and £25.

It's an mpu5, like your machine, just Barcrest, not Vivid. Should be ok anyone?
vivid

Post by vivid »

hi stevev2
do you want to sell the key?
if so how much inc delivery
spa

Post by spa »

I would but am not sure if it would work on your machine and if it did, would it work to the stake and prize you wanted.
vivid

Post by vivid »

ok no problem do you know where i can get 1, i have tried to get 1 off ebay but it doesnt work on mine, mine machine is meant to take barcrest parts????
i'll keep trying though
spa

Post by spa »

Should take barcrest parts. Have Vivid shed any light onto it?
vivid

Post by vivid »

hi stevev2
vivid/barcrest say that tthey cannot sell any parts for this machine to me as i am not a commercial customer, any have no licence to use it for commercial purpose, i explained that it is for home use but they told me to look on bay for parts and that barcrest "should" fit this machine.
i have found a seller through ask and he said that his key should fit mine, but he is not 100% sure.
i'll; keep looking though.
thanks