JPM Aracadia (Coin Problems)

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
tranceaddict

JPM Aracadia (Coin Problems)

Post by tranceaddict »

Hi All

Aquired this machine recently but never really managed to get coins working properly.

It has a MEI Cashflow 126 coin mechanism.

When you put in £1 coins it rejects them and the green LED flashes 4 times (coin inhibited by validator or machine)

If I put a 10p or 20p in an alarm goes off and the error code 10-2 is dispalyed (ME129 more than 1 line high! what the hell does that mean?) though it does sort the coin correctly)

A few other questions, I think the mech has been fiddled with previously, there are 2 plugs that come of the main white machine interface connector, one green labelled C435, and one black labbeled MARS, they will both fit into the route inhibit connector plug, but I'm not sure which one (if either) should be plugged in.

Not sure if it is set up correctly or not, it has the following at present

routing plug
Pins 1 & 13 connected by a diode (plus to pin 1)
Pins 2 & 22 connected by a diode (plus to pin 2)
Pins 14 & 20 by a link

Rotary switch set to F

All 4 DIPS set to "ON"

I'm not really sure what is at fault, the coin-mech, the sorter or the motherboard and don't really no where to start.

Any help greatfully received

Rgrds

Richard
tranceaddict

Post by tranceaddict »

Just to add after further playing this evening I got it all working fine (not sure how) put it all back together and played for 5 mins, then all of a sudden it started again, not accepting £1's, took it all apart again and fiddeld a bit more and I'm now back to the alarm sounding whenver I put a coin in :(

Please help
tranceaddict

Post by tranceaddict »

And after more fiddling it's working fine again now

fingers crossed
Nokring

Post by Nokring »

Hi there, the More than 1 line high is a strange one and normaly means c/mech is faulty or wiring loom is damaged.........

it probably needs a good clean to be fair

oh yeh am fairly sure that the rotary switch should be set to E not F.

Hope that helps.