hi guys newbie here

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Rick

hi guys newbie here

Post by Rick »

Just bought bell fruit machine dond crazy chair...keeps initialising..sometimes works..then mainly initializes when game lost..now seems to be constantly initis..not sure where to start so hopefully someone here could help..thanks
Rick

Post by Rick »

Are these forums still active??
Rick

Post by Rick »

So..after a few hours its boots up..took the cover off the psu and disconnected the fan..plays perfect until i lose on a feature then initialises .doesnt always do this but 7/10times it does..psu fault maybe? Its a sanken sps077w i think
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

yes,
bellfruit psu's are notorious for cutting out.

when you loose on the feature most of the lamps will try to light at once causing the psu to trip out.

same thing will happen when you win a jackpot..
Rick

Post by Rick »

I looked inside the psu and theres a little switch with numbers 0-9 on...was set at 3..i adjusted it to 2...then boot the machine as normal..lights are alot dimmer(can still see them)but the machine plays perfect now..didnt crash once yesterday...any ideas how to fix or resolve it...new psu?? Thanks for any replies
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

i normally replace the psu's when they start resetting.
you might have fluked it by dropping the lamp voltage, if you have a meter check the voltage on the 48/44v line.
the lamp voltage used to be set at 48v but was later altered to 44v, its the lamps that cause the the psu to trip.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I will have it looked at..i have another issue now..my 8yr old pressed collect.(empty hopper)..its continually says left to pay 38.00..tried putting 8quid in hopper then reboot and nothing..still says same and no movement from the hopper? This machine boils my pi55 :(
Rick

Post by Rick »

Ok so sorted the 'left to pay 38.00' out..all running sweet except lights all dimmed...i have noticed a little colour defect next to the battery..r54 or something is also a little green..im no good with a solder iron so im guessin new mpu now? And thanks buzzer for your replies
Roppa11

Post by Roppa11 »

Rick wrote:Ok so sorted the 'left to pay 38.00' out..all running sweet except lights all dimmed...i have noticed a little colour defect next to the battery..r54 or something is also a little green..im no good with a solder iron so im guessin new mpu now? And thanks buzzer for your replies
If the battery is on the turn get it off sharpish, you can cut the battery off with side cutters as near to the battery as you can without cutting in to it. By doing this you leave the battery legs on the board and you can sort out attaching a new battery to the legs. Can even clip one on with wires so you don't need to solder. Until you sort reattaching a battery it'll still play fine will just alarm when you boot for 10 seconds and it won't hold memory in terms of what it's paid out taken in etc.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Not sure im confident enough to do that..i will have a look though!! If i remove the battery..would i be able to turn the voltage back up so all lights are fully working or will it still crash when lose?
Rick

Post by Rick »

Right...so i stuck the multimeter in the back while powered on...positive to number 2 on the 9 pin bank...reading 5.22....so my 5 volt is ok??

Update....44/48v pins 8+9 on the 9pin bank..both read 44.4...is this right? Starting to think my mpu has taken a dump on me :(
Rick

Post by Rick »

44/48v stays between 44.4 and 44.5 so all good there ??
Rick

Post by Rick »

Bought a new stadium psu..69.99 :( all works fine now..thankyou for the help buzzer
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Rick wrote:Bought a new stadium psu..69.99 :( all works fine now..thankyou for the help buzzer
wow,£70!

expensive...