Hopper issues Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Arc £70 jack, 25,50,£1 play 2007

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
dentist69

Hopper issues Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Arc £70 jack, 25,50,£1 play 2007

Post by dentist69 »

BARCREST Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Arc £70 jack, 25,50,£1 play 2007 MPu5

My first problem was also my first post on this forum a couple of months ago when i first got the machine, when switching it on, sometimes but all the time the alarm sounds and it says "Call Manager" with nothing on the display or Hopper 92? It doesn't do this at all often but when it does it seems if i leave the machine turned off for a period of time and then switch it on again it seems to work. Also it does this sometimes but not all the time from when opening a door and closing it again, always waiting for each initialisation to complete before closing after opening!!

The other problem and much more pressing one is that, over Xmas i emptied the hopper to spend the money and have started saving again, it is empty but yet it will not accept coins into the hopper itself. Every £1 coin falls straight down and into the 'excess' tray at the bottom of the machine and nothing is going into the hopper even though it is empty! I did not have this problem when it was delivered to me, i simply played through my change, saving the banked money and/or transferring it using the transfer £2 button!!!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

best advice would be to strip down the payout tray and clean the hopper opto's , then set the float correctly.
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

Did all this, even had a play with the Dil buttons and percentage key, read meters etc all work fine and still £1 coins just fall into the excess tray at the bottom compartment and not into the hopper where they should go, especially as there is only like a tenner in there right now.
I never had this issue with my last machine. Could this be a case of the machine knows when the hopper is emptied or removed and automatically somehow expects it to be full (floated) when turned on again? There is a hopper refill button which is white above it but i do not know what this does as when pressed, well it does nothing!
It seems to be programmed to 'standard' as when the %key is removed (which is just a broken looking paper clip that has been bent round to 90degrees to fit into the two holes on the module) the machine reverts to 80% as displayed on the display.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

the refil key needs to be turned for the hopper topup button to work.

the machine should divert when full either via sorter overide plug or mpu controlled using c-c talk.

can u post a picture of the coinmech?
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

DSC_0092.jpg
DSC_0092.jpg
DSC_0092.jpg
DSC_0092.jpg
Attachments
DSC_0091.jpg
DSC_0093.jpg
DSC_0094.jpg
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

Took a few pix for you
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

Ok update, i floated it with £75 and played it through till jackpot, which surprisingly didn't take long at all, pressed the collect button and made it pay out the whole amount of the £70. (luckily the top feature only paid out the £70 and not the £100 as can sometimes do though never known it more)
I put back only £20 into the hopper and to my amazement every coin now goes into the hopper as it should?!?!

Have to say i am confused! Any reason to why this machine might be do this? Coin mech pix are above so if their any help like.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

there should be 3 plugs in the coinmech, main plug in front, touring lpug and sorter overide plug ion the back.

make sure all are connected.

then.

1:dump the hopper (open bottom door, turn refil key press hopper dump switch near cashboxes)
2: chuck the float back into the hopper no matter how much it is and close the doors.

the machine will now know whats in the machine and route accordingly. IE fill up the hopper until it reaches maximum float then divert to cash box
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

There is only one plug in the hopper and there is only one wire going to it with a small i think either 6 or 8 female plug that plugs into the port with the similar number of teeth on back of mech.

There are other ports in mech, but unused
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

OK so have took more photos of it and the wire and following the wire down to where it plugs in hope that these help you to help me lol
DSC_0097.jpg
DSC_0097.jpg
DSC_0097.jpg
DSC_0097.jpg
Starting with mech again then wire and plug which is actually 10 female holes lol
Attachments
DSC_0098.jpg
DSC_0096.jpg
DSC_0095.jpg
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

OK so have took more photos of it and the wire and following the wire down to where it plugs in hope that these help you to help me lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1984[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1985[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1986[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1987[/ATTACH]
Starting with mech again then wire and plug which is actually 10 female holes lol
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

ah rite , well that means its a c-c talk machine, thats probably not the original mech for the machine but should work.

have you dumped the hopper like i said?
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

I don't think I have a refill key. I only have two keys one for top other for bottom. There is one white button (other than the door open/closed one which only seems to operate when the test button on the mpu 5 console is pressed at the same time this takes it into test of which I've already done a hopper dump via the test facility and this didn't fix it.
This is near the cash boxes.

It is now taking money into the hopper like see above post but this was only after a large payout so likely it will only fill to £70 again before repeating problem. So would really like to sort it lol.

Got well ripped off like. Advertised on eBay as fully working, all keys with note acceptor the lot, no such luck!! Negative feedback was left! Was bidded right up to 180 plus 65 courier!! Got a manual like, but that's as useful as a wet paper bag!
dentist69

Post by dentist69 »

Oh and the gas struts are knackered, using a pole to hold it up!!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

well if you can dump the hopper on test, just put the coins all the coins back into the hopper.
then the machine will know how much is in the hopper and fill it accordingly.

as for the gas struts, i'll gice you a good tip.

buy a set of cheap mull grips and clip them onto anyone of the struts when working on the machine, it'll hold the machine up...