Barcrest mpu5 percentage /jackpot/stake keys???

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
dave233

Barcrest mpu5 percentage /jackpot/stake keys???

Post by dave233 »

When I bought these off e bay I assumed that they were "plug and play" ,-however, it appears none of them work! Machine is still on 86% and 10p play. Any advice would be extremely grateful guys. I thank any response in anticipation.
Roppa11

Post by Roppa11 »

I had a similar problem on rocky club mpu5. I discovered that the percentage and stake was set via the main mpu5 board on the 2nd set of 8 dip switches. It was difficult to see them at first they are kind of hidden right in the bottom corner on the mpu5 board.
dave233

Post by dave233 »

Thanks for the reply, but ,I thought that the "key" would override the dill switch settings. Am I right? I can't understand why nothing happens when it's "plugged" in! Question is, "is there a procedure before plugging in these keys?? Help please!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

dave233 wrote:Thanks for the reply, but ,I thought that the "key" would override the dill switch settings. Am I right? I can't understand why nothing happens when it's "plugged" in! Question is, "is there a procedure before plugging in these keys?? Help please!
there's a dill switch on the mpu5 that put the machine into acrademode or bettingshop mode (can't remember the exact terminology)

If this switch is on the "on" postion, it will over-ride the percentage key.

the normal switch postions on mpu5 or off possibly with the exception of switch 8 which maybe on. (switch 8 was utilised years ago in an update which stopped people drilling the note acceptors and emptying the machines via the c-c talk line)

take a note of current switch settings on the mpu and switch them off one by one. i think its swtich 4 or 5.
dave233

Post by dave233 »

Thanks guys,- it's truly appreciated. regards, dave