cops and robbers club machine no sound pls help

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
stevencoby

cops and robbers club machine no sound pls help

Post by stevencoby »

As in description its an old machine i can play but no sound everything else works and i use the test button and set volume but it the speaker seems to not work i tested it with battery but its not workin through machine couls there be a switch or a fuse needed for this to work ?
duomat

Post by duomat »

Get a small battery such as a pp3 and just tap the connection to speaker,if the speaker makes a noise then its ok.If machine works ok then its either the roms or the sound card itself.Buy one from ebay and im sure someone can supply a set of roms cheap
stevencoby

Post by stevencoby »

where can i locate the sound card in the machine the speaker is fine and thought it may be connection to the board but now not too sure what is a rom ?
i have little knoledge but am willing to give anything a go the board is a scorpion 2
duomat

Post by duomat »

yes,scorpion is bellfruit,been a long time since ive seen one but normally the sound board is plugged into the main mpu.have a look where the speaker wires plug in,it might even be part of the mpu,i cant remember.The roms or(read only memory) are black chips with 32 legs,normally marked with stickers.These hold the game audio and the game play itself.eproms are eraseable programmable read only memory and the stickers once programmed are stuck over a window where the chip is situated,uv light will erase the program installed,so are re useable,but dont expose them to sunlight as the uv in that can damage them.
stevencoby

Post by stevencoby »

how can u check if sound card any good is there a way to check?
stevencoby

Post by stevencoby »

same as last post i have the sound card undone only 3 peices in it chip resistor and brown lob thing it says cops and robbers 200 pounds 190 how do i check if this is working ?
duomat

Post by duomat »

All you can do is get a known working unit and fit in your machine.If it still dont work try something else.Or try your board in a working machine.Its the only way,process of elimination.The problem with cheap machines is once you have them working they are often not cheap anymore.
stevencoby

Post by stevencoby »

on the scorpion 2 on my cops and robbers club machine where do i locate the sound card as i thought the prom card was the sound card and now i have been enlightened i cant see where or if my machine has1 that maybe the problem ?
duomat

Post by duomat »

Not sure but the sound card normally plugs into the main mpu.I think scorp 2 boards have a couple of either black or white sockets about 5 inch long on the mpu where it would plug in.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

are you sure it is a scorpian 2 board, post a picture of the board
stevencoby

Post by stevencoby »

Hi i fixed it a loose conection at the audio out 1st thing i thought wasn't working but the connector felt dodgy so got dad to hold bare wires over the pins and it worked now have modified connector and works perfect persistence is the key glad i didnt send board off