epoch problems with holmers meltdown

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
duomat

epoch problems with holmers meltdown

Post by duomat »

Hi guys.Played machine this evening and it worked fine as normal.I left it plugged for a bit rather than turn it off quick,after about 20 mins i heard a clicking noise through the speaker and machine was blank,no lights nothing.Turned off and back on it tried to re-set and when reels spun it went blank again and made that noise through speaker.Now it just wont power up or do anything.All lights on psu are on,only 3 on mpu are on.But i just played it,so a bit confusing.Any ideas ???????????
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

sounds like a power supply issue, leave it off for a few hours and see if it starts after the power supply has had time to cool down.. :)
duomat

Post by duomat »

hi buzzer i think i agree.I left it for 2 hours then plugged in,it fired up and set fine.went into attract mode then 5 mins and cut out again.If i switch on again it does nothing,but if i wait an hour it will work again for 3 to 5 mins.i will get a supply from ebay and let you know
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

thermal cut out on the psu, i cant remember cause i not seen one in a while, does the psu have a fan?
duomat

Post by duomat »

no fan,its a stadium model and makes a right racket in tune to the flashing lamps.although all power lights are on.is there an upgraded psu thats better.i can get one from a working machine for 25 quid inc post,but then again my machine works but only for 5 mins if im lucky
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

i would look to replace the power supply...

sounds like its cutting out
dog section

Post by dog section »

i had exactly same prob. a new psu sorted it but theyre so unreliable which is a shame as theyre good uns to play on still
k9-sec.co.uk
duomat

Post by duomat »

Played machine today for 20 mins,left on a further 10 mins,all ok,will leave it on later and see what happens.Really could with a mk2 board for the supply,what does the mk2 board look like,the rest of its alright