Payout Fault 17

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Dan the Man

Payout Fault 17

Post by Dan the Man »

Hi everyone, I have a club Tutti Frutti (BFM) at home, I have only had it for a few days and already I have some problems!

I do not have a manual so please bear with me.

The first problem I have is that when I put pound coins in they just fall straight through to the cash box at the bottom and do not fill the hopper up!!

It did not do this first of all, so there is some money in the hopper.

The next problem is that when I win and the machine goes to pay out the motor starts to whir and just before any money is paid out an alarm comes on (man it makes your ears ring!) and a message comes up saying Payout fault 17. Once again it did payout normally to start with.

Are the 2 probs connected???

Does anyone know how to overcome this? Is it something I have done? Or is the payout mechanism knackered???

Cheers, Dan.
Dan the Man

Post by Dan the Man »

The machine will now payout a few coins but the alarm still goes off!?
admin

Re: Payout Fault 17

Post by admin »

Dan the Man wrote:Hi everyone, I have a club Tutti Frutti (BFM) at home, I have only had it for a few days and already I have some problems!

I do not have a manual so please bear with me.

The first problem I have is that when I put pound coins in they just fall straight through to the cash box at the bottom and do not fill the hopper up!!

It did not do this first of all, so there is some money in the hopper.

The next problem is that when I win and the machine goes to pay out the motor starts to whir and just before any money is paid out an alarm comes on (man it makes your ears ring!) and a message comes up saying Payout fault 17. Once again it did payout normally to start with.

Are the 2 probs connected???

Does anyone know how to overcome this? Is it something I have done? Or is the payout mechanism knackered???

Cheers, Dan.
If you have a refill key, open the machine and turn the key. The hopper balance will be displayed, I suspect the machine *thinks* the hopper is full, hence the coins being re-directed straight to the cash box.

This would also cause a false hopper error when paying out.. The machine probably thinks the hopper has jammed, where as in actual fact it simply has no money in it!

I would chuck a load of pounds straight into the hopper, then enter test mode, dump the hopper, an then put the money back into it. The machine will then know exactly how much cash it has and should work normally.

Thats from my fairly limited exprience of these things, but im confident it will do the trick for you.
Dan the Man

Post by Dan the Man »

It works!!!

Pound coins are now filling up nicely and there is are no more error messages or alarms!!

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.

Cheers, Dan.
admin

Post by admin »

Exc ellent!

Glad I could help. :D
Dan the Man

Post by Dan the Man »

Hello again, bad news im afraid! The alarm is now coming back again! It is intermittent though. I guess the hopper must be faulty.

I live in Ipswich (suffolk) does anyone on here know of a company or a contact that would come out to look at my machine? I could just buy a new hopper but Im not 100% sure that I need one, someone who has experience might just look at the machine and immediatly know whats wrong.

Cheers, Dan.
ONEARMEDBANDIT

hello

Post by ONEARMEDBANDIT »

Hi there I can supply you with the answers and why its doing this, I assume the hopper turns and trys to pay out ? did it pay out ok before.... I would say that the hopper is ok from experience..... I accept paypal if you send me £5 ill give you the answer.
Dan the Man

Post by Dan the Man »

Thanks for the offer but I have had someone look at it now and it works fine (they did it for free!!)

Cheers, Dan.
stotes

Post by stotes »

Hi am a newb!!

Hope someone can help me.

I just brought an Arabian NIghts on Ebay for £80 was so excited.

Was told it was in great condition.

But im hacving this problem with the hopper just making a whiring sound and alarm 17. "CHECK IT OUT CHECK IT OUT"

Do I need to put £125 in the hopper for it to work properly or is my hopper broke?

Thanks in advance
PHOENIXLEISURE

:)

Post by PHOENIXLEISURE »

Rules of ebay state the payouts have to be disconected prior to sale just have a look for an orange plug refit it and all will be fine.
"Technician Not Magician"
Dan the Man

Post by Dan the Man »

STRIM ALARM 19

THIS IS NOW HAPPENING ON MY TUTTI FRUTTI MACHINE.
ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER??

THANKS.