Trouble with Barcrest Treasure Trail

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
Hansoltech

Trouble with Barcrest Treasure Trail

Post by Hansoltech »

Hi,

I was hoping some fruit machine genius out there would be able to help me. I have had a Barcrest Treasure Trail for a number of years now and until recently despite the age and lack of maintenance has been running very well. I turned the machine off sometime last week and when I went to turn it back on all I am getting is an alarm sound and on the display; alarm 2.1 and 2.3 are flashing. I wen't into the alarm logs and this told me that it was reel alarms but I have no idea on why they are going off and how to fix them and I was hoping somebody on here who has had a similar problem or someone who knows about these machines would be able to give me some advice as to where to look and how to fix the problem.

Thanks
reelman

Post by reelman »

Can you advise whether or not the reels start to spin when the machine goes through the initialising process? 2.1 and 2.3 would suugest that reels 1 and 3 are faulty, but it is highly unlikely that 2 x reels have failed simultaneously, which makes me think the fault lies elsewhere. Anyway, do they spin or not at initialisation ? If so, then I would unplug reel 1 and swap it with reel 2 ~ restart the machine and see if you now get the different eror message 2.2 ~ if so, the fault has moved position, so the fault is with the reel itself, if not, you've proved that the reel is ok, and that the fault lays elsewhere.
Please report back on your findings
Hansoltech

Post by Hansoltech »

Thanks for the reply reelman, I will check that as soon as possible and let you know.
Hansoltech

Post by Hansoltech »

I have checked the reels and it seems that all but the 2 that the alarm shows up for spins, so those 2 don't spin during start up. Does anyone know what this means?
spa

Post by spa »

Is this the one on gumtree?
reelman

Post by reelman »

Have you tried swapping the reels yet? This must be your first step, as it enables you to identify whether the fault is with the reel itself, or whether there's a problem with the signals getting to that particular location.
Hansoltech

Post by Hansoltech »

I will attempt swapping the reels tomorrow and see whether the fault lies there
Hansoltech

Post by Hansoltech »

No this is not on gumtree
Hansoltech

Post by Hansoltech »

By swapping the reels do you mean swapping the connections on the board? If so that is what I have done and I am still getting the same 2 alarms regardless of the configuration that I use. What would the next step be now that I have tried this?
reelman

Post by reelman »

If you're getting exactly the same error message, i.e. 2.1 and 2.3, and presuming you haven'y swapped reel 1 with reel 3 to test them, then you've effectively proved that there is no fault with the reels. The most likely cause is now the reel driver board. Unfortunately, the only way to test it, is by swapping it for a known good unit.
Hansoltech

Post by Hansoltech »

Ok thanks for that, I will try and track one down to change it over