BellFruit Monopoly Hot Property not working (Scorpion 4)

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
funkystyleofman

BellFruit Monopoly Hot Property not working (Scorpion 4)

Post by funkystyleofman »

Hi all I have just replaced the mpu on this machine thinking that was the main problem because of battery leakage, turns out this wasnt the case, I have all 4 green LEDs for power but the status LED is flashing red. Nothing happens on start up apart from the note acceptor making the normal noise and a constent clicking from the speaker, I have a new sound/prom board on the way hoping this will fix the machine If any of you have any idea what the problem could be please help me as I really liked this machine when it was working Thanks in advance.
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

It could be the EPROMs themselves that are the problem.

Where did you get the replacement mpu board from? If its second hand then are you absolutely certain it's a good one?
funkystyleofman

Post by funkystyleofman »

It is the eproms, I've put the replacement promboard in with proms for a different machine and the display started working, so changed over the old proms (ones for monopoly) into the new card and nothing again so now need to find somebody that can write eproms the only problem with that is i only have the numbers for the sound proms as the hi lo proms have hand written labels without the numbers
marty200868

Post by marty200868 »

hi funkystyleoman

are you able to tell me what note acceptor you have and where the loom goes please