Homer's Meltdown Problems

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
peter_martin

Homer's Meltdown Problems

Post by peter_martin »

Hi All,

I've got a Homers Meltdown fruit machine which I haven't used for about 6 months as its been in storage.

When I try and switch it on, it makes a very small hum as if its got power but it doesn't "boot" up. When I open the machine, there are lights on on the little PCB boards as if it is getting power, and the alarm light does flash.

Anyone any ideas??

Thanks for your help

Pete
stormy

Post by stormy »

Are all the green LEDs on the power supply lit? (Labelled -12V, SYNC, +5.2V, +12V, +24V, +36V).

Also, when the unit powers up watch the LEDs on the MPU numbered LD1 - LD6. On power up LD3, 4 & 5 illuminate to show power and LD1 flashes to show the board has booted. When LD2 lights up it shows the software is running.
peter_martin

Post by peter_martin »

Hi many thanks for the reply.

All the green lights are lit on the power supply.

LD 3,4 and 5 all light up immediately on power up. However, LD1 and LD2 never light up.

Underneath LD1 it says Security, does this mean the machine thinks its been tampered with?, is there a way to disable this?
PHOENIXLEISURE

:o)

Post by PHOENIXLEISURE »

On the main board, is the processor secure>?

Also chech the following.... all the other boards that run from the psu source should have led's on and should all either be stable or flashing.

The first board I would check is the lamp matrix if the psu is lit.
"Technician Not Magician"
Immys

Post by Immys »

ok cutting long story

the mpu has given up

as the machine might have been stored in damp conditions and when powered up has damage the mpu board

change that any probs
Need Help! Expert Repairer Of All Amusement Machines.

or alternativley email: immys@fsmail.net