Machine acting up

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
nude777

Machine acting up

Post by nude777 »

Hi guys, thanks for help last time, but I have a new problem with my machine (see m/c make iny older posts) now I had to replace a blow bulb so changed it and turned the machine on then on the alpha it says " percentage change 84%" percent goes up and down then after says "jcm serial N/A" or "nv4 serial N/A " that's random everytime I switch it on but not always says that, then boots up to play but then while in play the 4 playing wheels go fowards and backwards with every spin then every so 5 spins they spin short then long but gameplay is not affected? Now it did not do this til I changed the bulb now am thinking has the blown bulb sorted somthing. Nothing was altered or changed other than the bulb and anything that can be cleaned already has been before this fault.

Any help on this or ideas that may help.

Cheers

Nude777
reelman

Post by reelman »

First of all, your machine swapping the LED display on start up between the JCM and NV4 is nothing to worry about ~ Your machine simply thinks it's fitted with a serial note acceptor, but isn't capable of distinguising between the two. I suspect you've either got a loom fiited, or you've got the Dils switches set to enable your machine to operate with a note acceptor.
With regards your changing a bulb, and as you suspect, it can have no adverse effect, unless you've inadvertantly done something else.

As to your reels spinning backwards and forwards, take a look at your Dil settings, as one of them on Maygay machines enables what's known as "shuffle" ~ switching this off should get them spinning again as normal.

Also noticed you placed another thread asking for advice on "upgrading" your machine to the £1,000 jackpot ~ I very very much doubt you'll achieve anything here, except wasting your time, but I'd be very pleased to here if you succeed, and how.
Master of The Game

Post by Master of The Game »

Acting school?
nude777

Post by nude777 »

Thanks reelman, nothing was changed or touched for the reason if it ain't broke don't fix it, that's my rule. I did a dil bank switch test and on the alpha display for example 1001000110000101 on seeing this I notice that two of the binary numbers go from 1 to 0 then back again Doing it repeatedly it does this on the percentage rate and the note acceptor dils I say this cos those are the only ones I changed months ago and according to the manual that's correct, and had no trouble before now which is strange?.

As for the grand jp just wanted to see if reprograming would be easy and I guess not.

Nude777
reelman

Post by reelman »

As you say ~ very odd. They should not be fluctuating at all ~ they are either on or off ~ just like a light switch ~ I assume you've flicked the switch fully home.
Reprogramming is very quick and simple ~ if you've got the right kit and have registered with the fruit machine manufacturer. Simply download the software from them over a secured website onto new e.proms and insert these newly programmed e.proms into the CPU ~ carefully, as it's very easy to break them. As far as I'm aware, the software required for this bigger jackpot was never created, but I may be wrong. Try giving there spares or tech dept a call to find out for sure.
Not sure how old your machine is, but you may find that later software was created ~ commonly known as "de-reg software", which will enable your note acceptor to give credit for any notes that are inserted, and not just change. It will also allow players to transfer their winnings back into credit at the push of a button, making the machine more profitable, as players tend not collecting their smaller wins, and play them instead. It will also make your machine more reliable, as it reduces the amount of work that both the coin mech and hopper have to do, and all the problems and maintenance associated with these parts.
Some manufacturers sell a "de-reg kit" which consists of the e-proms, plus different legends (button decals) etc.
superhacker2011

Post by superhacker2011 »

Hi there,

I have loads of parts for this machine. If your intrested in any parts please contact me on the email address.

andymason78@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

A