Maygay Epoch Manuals / Spares

Got a broken machine? Need help? Ask here!
stormy

Maygay Epoch Manuals / Spares

Post by stormy »

I have recently bought a Simpson's Duff Beer Guide fruit machine. When it was first plugged in it blew the mains plug fuse and a little investigation revealed that the PSU is faulty (specifically the transformer is knackered - possibly a short on the secondary winding).

Can anyone recommend a supplier of a suitable new/reconditioned/used (I'll take my chances!) power supply?

Also, can anyone advise where I might be able to download or otherwise obtain a copy of the Maygay Epoch technical/service manual?

Cheers,
Stormy
PHOENIXLEISURE

Rare parts

Post by PHOENIXLEISURE »

Hi there the psu for this model is getting rare, you will probably pay at least £50 + carriage, I do know where you can get one and probably a free manual with purchase. Hope this helps drop me a line if intrested.
"Technician Not Magician"
stormy

Post by stormy »

... I do know where you can get one and probably a free manual with purchase ...
I'd be interested in contacting any possible supplier to find out details of cost and delivery. I suspect delivery will be the killer as the thing is bl**dy heavy! (Of course I could pick up the PSU if it was within a 50 mile radius of the Peterborough area).

It may be that a delivered replacement is going to be prohibitively expensive in which case I may have to either make my own (for which I'll need the manuals - d'oh!) or break the machine for spares.

Cheers,
Stormy
PHOENIXLEISURE

:)

Post by PHOENIXLEISURE »

I run a repair service (private) and could exchange/repair your psu for you, postal £6.50 parcel force. You would have to send your faulty psu to us though, if you are intrested Private message us.
"Technician Not Magician"
stormy

Post by stormy »

Thanks for the offer of help. I've managed to find a replacement PSU and I installed it last night and the machine lives! Now I just need to understand how to play the fruit machine.

Cheers,
Stormy